Chris Palmer

Star Wars "Last Jedi" Teaser Trailer

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, knarthex said:

8 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I quite enjoyed ep. VII, but I have to say that teaser tells me next to nothing. ::P:

I agree

But I need to watch on something besides my phone. ..

As i said, much better on a PC than on my phone....

Edited by knarthex
2 people like this

All my eyes are belong to Disney. 

Never thought I'd say that.

Personally, I hope they keep as many good scenes out of the trailers as possible. The fewer spoilers the better. I don't even want to see half of the cast before seeing the movie. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, haldir said:

As I said in Thor, Disney is gonna make a killer amount of cash this year.

GotG vol.2, Thor Ragnarok, Last of the Jedi... That'll bring in a couple gazillion dollars.

I like to imagine that several years ago, someone on the board of directors stood up and said: "What if we only made good movies? That could work."

Everyone remember the naysayers when Disney bought the rights to Marvel and Star Wars? In recent years, whatever duds Disney produced were completely overshadowed by the mega successes of their expanded franchises (Marvel, Star Wars, the Muppets, Pirates of the Carribean, live action remakes, etc.).

9 people like this

Not entirely a derail, but I found this great old thread on converting Reaper figures into Jedi:

8 people like this

It disturbs me a little to see so many beloved franchises in one basket. They seem to be doing okay at the moment, but I remember the dark times when their idea of blockbuster releases included Condorman, The Watcher In The Woods, and pretty much anything with Ken Berry and/or Sandy Duncan.

2 people like this

Watcher in the Woods was SO GOOD!!

2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Watcher in the Woods was SO GOOD!!

I must respectfully disagree. A Disney movie with Bette Davis in it should not have an incomprehensible ending.

2 people like this

On 4/14/2017 at 7:23 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

All my eyes are belong to Disney. 

Never thought I'd say that.

Personally, I hope they keep as many good scenes out of the trailers as possible. The fewer spoilers the better. I don't even want to see half of the cast before seeing the movie. 

I totally agree!! I'll probably watch the first release of the main trailer & that will be it. I'll wait till the actual movie (which I'll see the night it comes out anyways) to fully enjoy the movie.

1 person likes this

"Can't be any worse than the last entry in the main series!" he said after having said the same and been proven wrong three out of the last four times.

New behind the scenes video showing lots of cool things...

5 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Continuing on with my Imperial Assault posts.
      I was really pleased with these Trandoshan.  The method from Sorastro really worked well for the skin of these reptilians.
      All of the skin was painted the same.  Then, all 4 had different washes with either a little more blue, green, brown, or sepia than the other.
      It really shows in the blue and sepia Trandoshan.  I will try it out on some of the metal and Bones Reaper Lizardmen I have.

I didn't want to paint one of these as Bossk, since Fantasy Flight Games released a Bossk expansion figure.
      So, I gave one of them a "salvaged" Rebel Fighter Pilot Flight Suit.  I was least pleased with the colors of it.  It comes out a little to stark in my mind.
      I also tried to give one a desert camo, and another a snow camo or urban camo.  I was most pleased with the outcome of the blue one, so I am giving the detail shots of him.

C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      Continuing on with my Imperial Assault posts, here is Chewbacca.
      Again, I have been following Sorastro's guides.
      This figure was new for me in the use of multiple layers of dark wash over and over.  It was about 5 layers.
      The pictures show this sort of granular/peculiar highlight.  I checked on the model, and it is areas that picked up drybrushing that never toned down well with wash.
      It's all good.  I painted Chewie very quickly.
      C&C Welcome.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Darth Sana

She stared at her adversary with cool and calm calculation, the Jedi was nervous... she saw the fear in his eyes, yes... GOOOOOOD.... fear would cause him to make mistakes.. she'd cut him down with her force-imbued katana and notch another Jedi scum on her belt...

She snarled at him, "Come and die, you fight the Sith Mistress!"
      ----------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: White Wolf Miniatures
      3 parts: Head, body, Sword.
      Scale: 70mm high
      Sculptor: Juan Puerta
      Casting: Sago

This was a labor of love and fun for me, I decided as soon as I saw this beautiful bust that I was going to paint her up as 'evil' and the paint scheme that called to me was to paint her up to look like Darth Maul, I added the horns with copper wire and then sculpted them on with ProCreate. 

Towards the end of the project, I was trying to decide how to display her and it came to me that I wanted to make her part of a story, give her a bit more of the Star Wars tie-in with a completely scratch-built Tie Fighter. The title placards on the sides were designed by my good friend @Thrym and I printed them off on cardstock and glued them onto the plasticard sides of the tie fighter.

The scabbard is my attempt at a sort of force rune, it is Kanji which translates into "Sith Mistress."

WIP can be found here: 

Without further ado, I present (Darth) Sana from White Wolf Miniatures!

Thanks for looking (and following along), C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

• By Pingo
      Photographer Rä di Martino traveled around the Tunisian desert in September 2010 locating and photographing the decaying old sets for the original Star Wars films, which she learned had never been torn down.

Fascinating pictures here:
      https://petapixel.com/2013/05/12/photo-series-visits-abandoned-star-wars-film-sets-in-the-deserts-of-north-africa/
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is another of my Imperial Assault figures.
      IG-88.  I followed the Sorastro guide, which involved drybrushing, washes, drybrushing, etc.  4 or 5 cycles.
      Then painting on some forced highlights, then a blue wash on one side and a red one on the other.
      This was fast, and a little sloppy.  But fast.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)