Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AEdge

60181: Adowyn & Leryn (Iconic Hunter & Wolf)

18 posts in this topic

Beautiful work as usual. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, AEdge said:

I rarely see this mini painted. I can't imagine why, it's a great sculpt. Anyway this is my version of Adowyn and Leryn. 

It's probably because Reaper has so many great sculpts. There's just no end to the selection. I have boxes of great Reaper figures still in their blisters and I probably only have 5% of the best ones they make.

These really are terrific sculpts and you did them justice with your beautiful work. The paint job on that wolf is downright awesome.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
4 people like this

wonderful as usual... I wish I had 1/2 your talent!

5 people like this

I picked up a copy of these last month.  They really are a great pair.

I love the nuanced earth tones on your painting of the wolf and on her garments, contrasted with her flaming red hair.

5 people like this

Definitely going to put this on the list for the future when I work through some of my backlog. Your rendition of the wolf is incredible. 

2 people like this

WOW! That hair! Well, that whole thing is amazing but....THAT HAIR!

3 people like this

This one is on my list! You painted them beautifully! I love the red hair, the furry boots, and the wolf's fur so much. Really well done!

2 people like this

I really like the subtle color transitions on arrow feathers, the bow, the white fabric and the wolf fur.

1 person likes this

This is simply amazing and a joy to see.. I love the splendid shading on the cloak and as stated previously.. THAT HAIR!

1 person likes this

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Excellent on all fronts.

2 people like this

Wow!  Love the work on both of those mini's.  The hair and fur are great.  

1 person likes this

After having seen your version, people are just scared they can't do the justice to it that you did! That's why you don't see so many painted of these.

2 people like this

good paint on both of them but I think the wolf is one of the best I have seen in a long time.

1 person likes this

They are really amazing sculpts and you made them come to life with your brilliant painting. I love her hair most, it pops out at you.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xherman1964
      @ub3r_n3rd sent me a gift.

A nice magnet from Las Vegas, a Bombshell Pirate Girl and a few Rackham Confrontation Minis.

Besides that ( an awesome gift already) he sent me a painted version of my avatar.
      Many thanks Paul!
      I love it.

It has a special place in my display cabinet ( next to George's @knarthex who had sent me a little wolf painted in the colours of my avatar a while ago)

Thanks!

I wanted to show it to the Forum, it deserves a Show Off.

• By Pochi
      These are a couple of the animal companion sets that I painted for one of my players (minus the spider which I have not finished yet).

I didn't want to paint the cat like a plain panther and I decided to use an ocelot as inspiration. My favorite is the little wolverine guy even though the photos make the river rocks look like pastel M&M's lol.

My usual background got ruined so I have to make do until I get a new one printed or buy a fancy one. The bear looks better in hand and I used blacks and browns in his fur so he doesn't look so flat as he does in the photos.

I am not happy with the fake snow and how it turned out. It looked really good when I put it on but not so good once the glue dried. I guess next time I will try baking soda and see how that works out. These are for gaming though so baking soda wouldn't have been the best choice probably.

Anyway, here they are! C&C welcome.

• By Arc 724
      Rothmartyn of the DarkWold by RBG
      Sculpted by Tre Manor

Quality: Table Top PLUS 

This piece is TT+ but it also has a more of a "reach" in it than a TT+. I attempted a more elaborate freehand with the cloak - which you can see on the WIP linked at the bottom. As well as I attempted NMM for the first time. Now let me give you some context on that last sentence. I typically do TMM (True Metallic Metals) and I do them in virtually the same manner but with the added benefit (IMHO) of having actual reflection while on the table. So yes this was my first execution of NMM successfully, it is not far from my normal. All in all I think it turned out well. The green blade as well is in NMM effect. For this piece I really wanted to ascent texture which I attempted on the tunic that is laying across his legs. And other bits and bobs.  The face is pretty basic which is one of the reasons I didn't do a close up of it. RBG faces from this era are pretty small and the eyes are tiny. So tiny seeing a pupil and reflection mark would be... useless in my opinion. But I would say it turned out well. More personality than I thought I was going to give it. I was B+ satisfied with the cloak. I tried doing a suggestion @Darcstaar gave me but I think I executed it "o.k". I'll try again with another model. I attempted a few new things with this piece and I like how it turned out.   
      Thank you all for your help and support. Would really enjoying your questions, comments and critiques on this.

WORK IN PROGRESS: RBG: RothMartyn of the DarkWold

• By Baugi
      Hey all!  I've been away from the forums for a while, but I've been able to get some hobby time back into my schedule and I'm happy to be back!  I'm starting out by clearing up my Shelf of Shame (as much as I can anyway), starting with Michelle here!

Edit to add: I had a pretty handy little photo setup at my old house, but haven't been able to set anything up since moving last summer... I'll see what I can do about that so you don't all have to look at my grungy thumbnail in every photo.)

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)