Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AEdge

60181: Adowyn & Leryn (Iconic Hunter & Wolf)

22 posts in this topic

Beautiful work as usual. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, AEdge said:

I rarely see this mini painted. I can't imagine why, it's a great sculpt. Anyway this is my version of Adowyn and Leryn. 

It's probably because Reaper has so many great sculpts. There's just no end to the selection. I have boxes of great Reaper figures still in their blisters and I probably only have 5% of the best ones they make.

These really are terrific sculpts and you did them justice with your beautiful work. The paint job on that wolf is downright awesome.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
6 people like this

wonderful as usual... I wish I had 1/2 your talent!

7 people like this

I picked up a copy of these last month.  They really are a great pair.

I love the nuanced earth tones on your painting of the wolf and on her garments, contrasted with her flaming red hair.

7 people like this

Definitely going to put this on the list for the future when I work through some of my backlog. Your rendition of the wolf is incredible. 

4 people like this

WOW! That hair! Well, that whole thing is amazing but....THAT HAIR!

5 people like this

This one is on my list! You painted them beautifully! I love the red hair, the furry boots, and the wolf's fur so much. Really well done!

4 people like this

I really like the subtle color transitions on arrow feathers, the bow, the white fabric and the wolf fur.

3 people like this

This is simply amazing and a joy to see.. I love the splendid shading on the cloak and as stated previously.. THAT HAIR!

3 people like this

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Excellent on all fronts.

3 people like this

Wow!  Love the work on both of those mini's.  The hair and fur are great.  

2 people like this

After having seen your version, people are just scared they can't do the justice to it that you did! That's why you don't see so many painted of these.

3 people like this

good paint on both of them but I think the wolf is one of the best I have seen in a long time.

2 people like this

They are really amazing sculpts and you made them come to life with your brilliant painting. I love her hair most, it pops out at you.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VolksFest
      "..The destruction was total. Whoever or whatever was destroying the forest it was very methodical and thorough about it. It was as if the very life itself was sucked clean out of anything and everything for miles in every direction. The air itself reeked of unspeakable, almost palpable evil..
      - Necromancers..
      Cursed Arthrand the Elven Ranger under his breath and spat as he stood up. He had faced their kind before and knew what he was up against.. But this time something was different.. Something much more sinister and afoul was at work.. He could not possibly defeat this new threat alone. He had to find others.. He had to form a war band to destroy utterly and completely who dared to touch his forest!

And he knew exactly where to start.."

So, I decided to speedily paint some of my bones in order to form a war band of 6-8 characters.. Arthrand will be the leader and he will go around town recruiting others to his cause.. 

It was supposed to be speed paint and the painting itself was done in two days, a total of 5-6 hours. The base however took me even more since my basing materials have disappeared mysteriously.. (Damned Necromancers! ) 
      So, once I get some decent flock I might do some re-basing. However I didn't fret too much about it since table-top is what I aim here.

As always, thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.. I hope you will enjoy the adventures of Arthrand Nightblade as it is revealed to us.. 

• By Pegazus
      Hey, @ub3r_n3rd, here's the figure that I managed to finish. The top clear coat makes it a bit shiny, but I've got it under harsh lights.

With the very zoomed in picture I'm not exactly happy with the shading on the right hand side where it transitions from light to dark in the middle fold, but that was vexing me for a long time. It's the way I want it to look, but I'm not sure everybody's eye will interpret the shape that I wanted to illustrate. There's also a woodgrain painted on the bow, but it is very subtle and doesn't look to show up here. I guess that should have been something a bit more stark.

Really feel that she's missing an arrow in her hand, since she seems to want to be nocking an arrow, but there's nothing there. Need to work on my eyes for the next figure, but that's a common refrain.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Long time ago I buid me a Barbarian Army with animal allies.

Here is the unit filler from my horde. And the regiment.
      The Reaper Dire Bear and a Fenris Wolf from Gamezone.

I know it seems like the Barbarians have no shadow.
      This is due to the camera, In real life they where washed with flesh wash.
      I sold the army years ago. So can't take new pics.

• By Glitterwolf
      Thumper the ranger.
      His family was eaten by the same Ogres that slayed the Tortoise Cleric's Brother.
      So he joins him.

• By Glitterwolf
      @ub3r_n3rd sent me a gift.

A nice magnet from Las Vegas, a Bombshell Pirate Girl and a few Rackham Confrontation Minis.

Besides that ( an awesome gift already) he sent me a painted version of my avatar.
      Many thanks Paul!
      I love it.

It has a special place in my display cabinet ( next to George's @knarthex who had sent me a little wolf painted in the colours of my avatar a while ago)

Thanks!

I wanted to show it to the Forum, it deserves a Show Off.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)