Sign in to follow this  
AEdge

60181: Adowyn & Leryn (Iconic Hunter & Wolf)

2 hours ago, AEdge said:

I rarely see this mini painted. I can't imagine why, it's a great sculpt. Anyway this is my version of Adowyn and Leryn. 

It's probably because Reaper has so many great sculpts. There's just no end to the selection. I have boxes of great Reaper figures still in their blisters and I probably only have 5% of the best ones they make.

These really are terrific sculpts and you did them justice with your beautiful work. The paint job on that wolf is downright awesome.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 6

I picked up a copy of these last month.  They really are a great pair.

I love the nuanced earth tones on your painting of the wolf and on her garments, contrasted with her flaming red hair.

• Like 7

Definitely going to put this on the list for the future when I work through some of my backlog. Your rendition of the wolf is incredible. 

• Like 4

This one is on my list! You painted them beautifully! I love the red hair, the furry boots, and the wolf's fur so much. Really well done!

• Like 4

I really like the subtle color transitions on arrow feathers, the bow, the white fabric and the wolf fur.

• Like 3

This is simply amazing and a joy to see.. I love the splendid shading on the cloak and as stated previously.. THAT HAIR!

• Like 3

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

Excellent on all fronts.

• Like 3

After having seen your version, people are just scared they can't do the justice to it that you did! That's why you don't see so many painted of these.

• Like 3

They are really amazing sculpts and you made them come to life with your brilliant painting. I love her hair most, it pops out at you.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      These are Reaper's 02830: Wolf Pack, sculpted by Geoff Valley. They are mounted on one-inch fender washers.

I painted them for versatility, which is why there is a variety of color and base types.

Detailed WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      These gorgeous wolves (Thunderbolt Mountain 8560) are the nicest giant wolf sculpts I have ever seen. They are by the legendary Tom Meier.

IMPORTANT: TOM MEIER IS CLOSING HIS THUNDERBOLT MOUNTAIN STORE DEC. 25 OF THIS YEAR, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, GO THERE NOW!

They are pretty big.  I mounted them on 1.5" fender washers for extra stability.  Tom Meier sells optional goblin riders for them.

WIP thread with extensive color notes, painting details, and comparison to other wolf figures here.

• By Pingo
      I had these in an RAFM blister and as I recall their bases said RAFM (I glued them to 1.5-inch fender washers for stability). I haven't been able to identify them.  They look like the sorts of giant wolves that are ridden by goblins.

I am not sure where they came from.  Well, apart from RAFM, obviously.

They are pretty big.  Here's a size comparison with the RAFM one on the far right:

Left to right these are: a wolf from Reaper 02830; a wolf from Reaper 77176; Reaper 03682 Willow Greenivy; a giant wolf from Thunderbolt Mountain 8560; and an RAFM mystery wolf.

I painted them as several different types of wolf, one with a snow base and two with grassy bases, for multiple uses. Their bases are 1.5".

Extensive WIP with lots of color mixing and technique notes here.
    • By Pingo
      This is a fairly small Bones wolf from the Reaper set 77176: Familiars.  I'm not sure who sculpted the wolf, but it is tiny.

Here is an unpainted size comparison.  The Bones wolf is second from the left, between a pewter Reaper wolf from the set 02830: Wolf Pack (3) and 03682: Willow Greenivy.  A couple of wargs, one from Thunderbolt Mountain and one from RAFM, complete the size comparisons.

Anyhow, here is the little critter. It is so small it hasn't got separate legs; I painted black between them.

WIP thread here, with full details on all color mixes and techniques.
    • By Pegazus
      Hey, @ub3r_n3rd, here's the figure that I managed to finish. The top clear coat makes it a bit shiny, but I've got it under harsh lights.

With the very zoomed in picture I'm not exactly happy with the shading on the right hand side where it transitions from light to dark in the middle fold, but that was vexing me for a long time. It's the way I want it to look, but I'm not sure everybody's eye will interpret the shape that I wanted to illustrate. There's also a woodgrain painted on the bow, but it is very subtle and doesn't look to show up here. I guess that should have been something a bit more stark.

Really feel that she's missing an arrow in her hand, since she seems to want to be nocking an arrow, but there's nothing there. Need to work on my eyes for the next figure, but that's a common refrain.
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)