Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
As seen in my Lunch Sessions WiP thread, here's the finished product of Borka Kegslayer, the stumbling-drunk warlock for Privateer Press' Trollbloods faction. I painted this guy up as part of a trade with @chaosscorpion , so the mini will be on his way across the state in the near future, unless CS sees something terribly terribly off.
Basing is left to Chaosscorpion to better match his army.
The plaid is a specific tartan, I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm pleased that this mini pushed me into doing plaid, which I'd never done before.
Borka also comes with a kegbearing Pyg. The kegstamp is, like the debossed pattern on the back of Borka's jacket, the symbol of the Trollbloods faction. I also enjoy the ridiculously drunken whelp sitting on top of the barrel.
Chaosscorpion, let me know if there's anything that needs to change before I put them in the mail!
I think I got this and a couple of other Warmachine minis at garage sales. This one had seen a little abuse (some by me), but I always figured it'd make a good creepy dragon or horror creature someday, if I could figure out what its ecology was like. I painted this one to take a break from another mini that was kind of stalled.
The dude is about 60% base, because he's metal and the wings are quite heavy. His original base was pretty small, so I wanted to put something wider and heavier (read: more stable) underneath him. I'm really happy with the output!
By Silver Jack
I started collecting Cygnar in January, and few days ago i had my first match for 25 point. Simultaneously I paint Cryx for my girlfriend who is my opponent. Im really proud of ranger and maddox bases, and painting of Maddox (female warcaster with big sword) because everyone is complaining she has terrible sculpt, i think its interesting with nice pose.
A buddy gave me his Khador army for Warmachine. While I figure out exactly how I want to paint my stompy robots, I thought I'd paint up one of my warcasters.
The red actually fairly easy, if time-consuming. Once I started going for details, it was a little harder. I originally went with red with brown leather (now only on the gun holster), but it was looking pretty muddy. I changed it to black for the most part, but the details were really getting lost. Changing a lot of the black to purple really helped get things to pop.
I used a lot of Scale75 paints, using their red and Metal 'n Alchemy sets. The rest was done primarily with Reaper paints, with a few Games Workshop washes.
The base was looking very plain until I added in some vegetation. I think it helped with the framing pretty well.
Who's Online 15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)