Sign in to follow this  
evilcoatrack

77070: Aviriel Tellerion, Female Elf

Whoa, she's just dripping with attitude and style. Not trying to be the least bit inconspicuous, she's just waiting for somebody to bring it. Her face is painted so well, but her armor and paints are also stand outs. Rock on coatrack! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Whoa, she's just dripping with attitude and style. Not trying to be the least bit inconspicuous, she's just waiting for somebody to bring it. Her face is painted so well, but her armor and paints are also stand outs. Rock on coatrack! 

I agree with this!

• Like 2

This is the mini I am currently working on.    I really like what you have done with her.   This really gives me something to shoot for with my own version.    

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mutilatedlips said:

Very Pretty, you don't see yellow used nearly enough in miniatures. 

Very good reason for that!  Yellow is a hateful color that sucks up all of your time and still doesn't look right when you finally surrender and call it done.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      So I started painting this guy... I don't even remember how long ago. Pulled him out tonight and decided to wash him with a couple other bones I was prepping... He felt a little tacky... And now feels worse. And the tooth brush feels all gummy.

He's from Bones 1, and probably painted with older GW paints, not not 100% sure.

Fairly sure I'm just going to drop him in some simple green and start over... Though I'm wondering if there has been some weird chemical change and if I'd just be better off getting a new copy of him?

Anyone else run into something like this? I know some paint dries tacky on bones, but can that be cleaned off and repainted?
    • By MissNiki
      These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!! 

I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful! 
      After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!) 
      While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya! 

Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it! 

Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.

Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome! 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Yes, I know Captain Stern...

Kev!
      P.s. He should be torn into itsy bitsy pieces and buried alive!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

It's not my place to question what bear does or does not do in the woods...

Kev!
      P.s. But it DOES make a sound, though...
    • By Geoff Davis
      77041: Harpy by Julie Guthrie

This one was on my shelf of shame for quite a while, until my daughter told me off for having it lying around.  So I sculpted a shirt for her out of greenstuff which was a fun learning process.  I needed her for my D&D game last week, so she got the speed paint finish.  Her skin is the dusky flesh triad with some light grey added. 

• Who's Online   45 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)