10 posts in this topic

These are stunning. The ladies face is fantastic. 

2 people like this

Looking good , the girls face is stunning and I just love the Vampire.

The Fighters eyes are also wonderful!

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Looking good , the girls face is stunning and I just love the Vampire.

The Fighters eyes are also wonderful!

Thanks Xherman! For me usually the two hardest things on a figure are eyes and metal, so if I can get those right, everything else kind of falls into place

1 person likes this

Very nice! Nice job on recreating the colors from the artwork.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Silvervane said:

Very nice! Nice job on recreating the colors from the artwork.

Thanks Silvervane! On hindsight I wish I would have painted the dress pink instead of green to be more faithful to the painting but I wanted more contrast. Oh well, next time I decided to do art imitating art....

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Silvervane! On hindsight I wish I would have painted the dress pink instead of green to be more faithful to the painting but I wanted more contrast. Oh well, next time I decided to do art imitating art....

I like the green dress.

Besides...there is not a girl in the world that only has one dress...

2 people like this

Very nice work on all three!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks Chaoswolf! Very kind!

Edited by 72moonglum

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is a figure from the Goth set from the game "Wild in the Streets" by Slow Death Games.  Thanks to FishNJeeps for directing me to them when I needed miniatures of modern people in goth-punk wear for a World of Darkness game.

I painted up the figure as a vampire.  It didn't originally have any facial hair; that's all painted on.

There isn't a WIP thread.  So as a quick note, although I have seen people able to do wonderfully subtle and menacing vampires who still look like vampires, I find that unless I paint mine in stark black and white they look like regular people.

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I've been working away on these very old Citadel Dragons for several weeks now & finally I've finished - Yay!
      They've been languishing (half painted) in my collection since my youth & I thought that they needed some long overdue attention. The plan was to paint them in an old school style in keeping with their age (1982-ish) whilst keeping it simple. I think I managed to achieve this although I did go a little overboard with the Ice Dagon's base.........

If you are interested, there is a WIP for these minis which can be found here.

Thanks for looking!

DGR1 - Red Dragon

DRG2 - Green Dragon

DRG3 - Ice Dragon

DRG4 - Gold Dragon

FF61 Black Dragon

• By Pingo
      This is another of the PCs for the "Exalted" campaign set in White Wolf's World of Darkness which I'm currently involved in.

This character was a medieval Persian vampire who reverted to human when she Exalted as a Zenith caste Solar.  Among other things, she has a sword which shines with the light of the Sun.

The figure is from Hasslefree, HFA004 "Kat", sculpted by Kev White.  There's a WIP thread here.

The lighting effect changes a lot at different angles so I included lots of pictures.

• By Silvervane
      As typical to form, I managed to get some painting time in finally.  Rather than work on something I've already started, I started something new.  My new project is Magister from the Forgotten Realms Ral Partha Set that I started a while ago.  I can link to my other painted works from this set to give people a feel for my progress over the last couple of years (if anyone is interested).  But for now I began with my usual 1st step in painting the face.  I also base coated the the rest of the skin (the little bit of it there is).  He has been primed and waiting on my desk longer than I thought he would.

Here is how he looks at the moment:

• By Pingo
      This is a PC for a game of Exalted mashed up with the World of Darkness.  The GM is pretty inventive and has found ways to make it work that have all the players pretty interested.  For complex reasons (which I do think I will get into somewhere, because this is one fun game), in the modern world a trickle of old-style Exalts have been popping up, which are the PCs.

This character is a Persian ex-vampire who reverted to human when the Exaltation hit her.  She has a lot of issues.

The figure is Hasslefree's HFA004, "Kat".  She's dressed a little more wildly than the character, who was mostly a businesswoman and philanthropist, but the sword is about accurate.  It's a manifestation of the sun itself.  The mini requires some firm pinning of the arms and I added some chunks of pewter under her base to help keep her from toppling over.

Here she is primed and washed with Burnt Umber (I left the umber off her sword so that it would have a more intense solar "glow" later on).

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)