Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

FitzBones: 77261 Bat Demon

20170416ReaperGreenDevil.jpg

Next up on the Bones-painting production line is this one, 77261: Bat Demon by Bob Ridolfi.

At first I was going to paint him classic devil red, but I went with green in the end to give it a more serpentine look. I don't know why I wanted that; there's nothing very serpentine about the sculpting, but there you are. The heart has its reasons.

The wings and elevated position make this figure a bit more imposing than its stature actually warrants. As far as its body goes, it's just very slightly — if at all — larger than the average Reaper bloke.

• Like 21

Pochi's right about that green skin. It came out great. It might not have worked of you went with a typical smooth orc style green skin method, but all the black and ruddy looking brown it gives him a very different vibe. Seriously, the heavy use of dark colors makes this guy. The worn, almost stippled look on the wings works especially well. Very otherworldly. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      For my birthday, I received a mini I'd had my eye on for a while, Slimux and Mulch!

Slimux:-

He's a gardener, a demon gardener.

And Mulch:-

Is his loyal plough-snail.

Started on Mulch today:-

His shell was based with Hexed Lichen, then had drybrushes of 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Warlord Purple > Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink > Squid Pink, and then I painted Pure Black into the cracks and deep recesses.
      Finally I glazed over the whole thing with some thinned Blue Ink.

As usual I used too much Glaze Medium, so I'm going to work on Slimux while it dries, if it dries.

• By GodOfCheese
      A DaughterOfCheese abandoned the painting of this model, so it ended up in the Simple Green for awhile and I decided that her beautiful dress would look better with tentacles protruding from beneath it. Beautiful, sickly devil-flesh striding across a hellscape while she peels back her hood to reveal sinister horns. And it does get cold in hell, so don't forget your scarf.

Or anyway, that was the plan.  It turns out that her color made her difficult to photograph.

The tentacles are formed around unwound paperclips, which were easy to twist into the right shape, but the flesh I added (green stuff, some clay, etc) was difficult to get to the right proportion without making it fall off.

I'm new to this whole "modding" thing, so I'd LOVE feedback on it. :-)

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper 03042, the second version of Morrdha, Vampire Noble, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

I don't know what his story is, but both versions are casting something from a book of Up to No Good, and both have a little demon thing lurking at their feet.

I loved the lively cape on this figure, and the melodrama. I decided to paint him ginger and make his armor look appallingly rusty.

Oh, right, and while I did not exactly do NMM or anything, I did paint his sword with pigmented colors instead of my usual sloshing on of metallic silver.

There is no WIP thread, but I would be happy to answer questions. Comments and critiques are also welcome.

• By fanguad
      A fun mini I painted up for the Spring Mini Exchange. My partner wanted a) female b) non-human skin-tones c) horns, d) practical clothes.

3 out of 4 isn’t bad.

Her wings got replaced with the wings from the Bones 3 Sophie, as Princess’s wings got fatally bent in transit. I used zenithal priming for the major shadows and highlights, MSP Clear Red and DR Payne’s Gray for the red, MSP Bright Skin triad + MSP Splattered Blood for her skin. VMA Steel over MSP Midnight Blue for the weapons. The same Midnight Blue is the base for her thong-dress.
    • By Glitterwolf
      This will be yet another Undead /Demon Army.
      ( what can I say? I love evil miniatures).

This army has an Asian theme.
      Undead Samurai
      Oni
      Asian Dragons
      Some living Asian Allies.
      Kirin

Hope you will enjoy  it.

I created a background story for it, it is on page 2.
      Have fun reading!

I will paint slowly and it may take a while, but I'm putting this out here to start.
      Since I backed Zentih's Kensei Undead KS I have a few of the Undead Samurai and Demons waiting
      I also have the Grenadier Wind Dragon ( alas without the two humans) and the Grenadier Imperial Dragon of the Eleven Celestial Dynasties
      And some Living Samurai.
      Also a nice Asian Graveyard Set.

Some stuff that has to get painted soon..

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)