Sign in to follow this  

FitzBones: 77261 Bat Demon

Next up on the Bones-painting production line is this one, 77261: Bat Demon by Bob Ridolfi.

At first I was going to paint him classic devil red, but I went with green in the end to give it a more serpentine look. I don't know why I wanted that; there's nothing very serpentine about the sculpting, but there you are. The heart has its reasons.

The wings and elevated position make this figure a bit more imposing than its stature actually warrants. As far as its body goes, it's just very slightly — if at all — larger than the average Reaper bloke.

• Like 21

Pochi's right about that green skin. It came out great. It might not have worked of you went with a typical smooth orc style green skin method, but all the black and ruddy looking brown it gives him a very different vibe. Seriously, the heavy use of dark colors makes this guy. The worn, almost stippled look on the wings works especially well. Very otherworldly. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This will be yet another Undead /Demon Army.
      ( what can I say? I love evil miniatures).
      This army has an Asian theme.
      Undead Samurai
      Asian Dragons
      Some living Asian Allies.
      Hope you will enjoy  it.
      I created a background story for it, it is on page 2.
      Have fun reading!
      I will paint slowly and it may take a while, but I'm putting this out here to start.
      Since I backed Zentih's Kensei Undead KS I have a few of the Undead Samurai and Demons waiting
      I also have the Grenadier Wind Dragon ( alas without the two humans) and the Grenadier Imperial Dragon of the Eleven Celestial Dynasties
      And some Living Samurai.
      Also a nice Asian Graveyard Set.
      Some stuff that has to get painted soon..

• By Glitterwolf
      From the Kensei Undead KS.
      A Kubikajiri Demoness enjoying her dinner..
      She is part of my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon project.

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Grenadier Balrog that i recently rediscovered owning. I decided to go ahead and paint him up; he's only been waiting for....a while. Yeah, let's just leave it at that. No numbers...
      Anyway, I did my usual, hopefully decent tabletop paint job on him. I was stuck on his sword for a while; I really didn't know where to go with it. I finally decided to try to paint it up sorta resembling fire. If I'd been thinking before I started painting him, I would've tried sculpting some flames on the flat parts of the sword blade. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, right?
      I was also considering doing some OSL on him, but chickened out on that. Maybe next time...
      Please let me know what you think.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.
      I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.
      This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...
      I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.
      Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.
      Enjoy! ( or not)
      Bats and a Murder of Crows
      EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• Who's Online   43 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)