Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MojoBob

FitzBones: 77261 Bat Demon

5 posts in this topic

20170416ReaperGreenDevil.jpg

Next up on the Bones-painting production line is this one, 77261: Bat Demon by Bob Ridolfi.

At first I was going to paint him classic devil red, but I went with green in the end to give it a more serpentine look. I don't know why I wanted that; there's nothing very serpentine about the sculpting, but there you are. The heart has its reasons.

The wings and elevated position make this figure a bit more imposing than its stature actually warrants. As far as its body goes, it's just very slightly — if at all — larger than the average Reaper bloke.

21 people like this

The green is very nice. Nice to see it painted up in an unexpected way!

1 person likes this

Pochi's right about that green skin. It came out great. It might not have worked of you went with a typical smooth orc style green skin method, but all the black and ruddy looking brown it gives him a very different vibe. Seriously, the heavy use of dark colors makes this guy. The worn, almost stippled look on the wings works especially well. Very otherworldly. 

1 person likes this

Very cool!

He looks great in green; good work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      In keeping with the month that hosts Halloween, I painted up some familiars! 

Very simply done, starting with grey liner, nightmare black (a little extra purple for the cat) and heraldic red for the eyes (cat and raven) & mouth (bat). Drop of linen white for the cat's eyes, and a drop of dragon gold for her forehead. 

Still need to clean up the bases a bit. Otherwise done!

• By MojoBob
      This is a piece that came in the Mythos expansion pack to the Bones III kickstarter, a good old-fashioned stone sacrificial altar. Tim the Enchanter I've shown before; he's just there for scale.

This is the sort of terrain piece that comes in handy quite a lot. I can foresee getting plenty of use out of it. Unfortunately, I'm a little short of terrified and helpless sacrificial victims; I shall have to see what I can do about that.

• By CrazyK
      Finally finished the Demon Lord of the Undead or rather I guess Orcus.   Started doing this when I received Bones II.  So that should give you all an idea how long it has been sitting there on the painting desk in my study.   Was going to do the whole thing in greens/blues.  But decided about 1/4 of the way into painting I would do it in a more traditional ruby/crimson skinned look.   Which then became a dark toned ruby/crimson scheme.  Such a great feeling to finish something that seems to have taken a eternity.  Talk about torment!

• By ub3r_n3rd
      I've decided on the figures I'm using for this project now too, they changed since last time. I want to enter it into this year's Reapercon Diorama category (of course) and I want it to qualify for Bombshell Babes diorama, so I'm picking out 5 babes to battle the keeper (RBG) and his summoned demon (reaper glabrezu): 1) Celeste - Sorceress/wizard, 2) Khai the Huntress - ranger, going to weapon swap her to give her a bow, 3) Thorga Half Orc - Barbarian, Astrid Thunderhammer - Cleric, and Sister Vasha Fane - Paladin.

This piece will be 2 stories tall, it will have a lot of details and a lot of action, with a summoning circle that the Glabrezu is inside of at the time the heroines come rushing into the Keeper's Sanctum. 

The badelf adventuring party!

Vs.....

The Keeper and his summoned Glabrezu 

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      So - my next small project - I cannot keep with just one ... errrr.

After having a small but nice talk with @SGHawkins09 and being sent home by the doc to cure a sickness I recently picked up, I had to decide what to do next.

As all those wonderful and enthusiatic responses to my previous projects (I mean it - I never had so much response in such a short time) made it near to impossible to just sign off from the forums and disappear into the wilderness, I agreed to take on a different plan.

I just grabbed into my miniature box and took some figures to paint them and get them done. And then it struck me: I am at the Reaper Forums yet I missed to paint a Reaper miniature.

So I picked out ... errr - let me see ... Troll Slayer Sophie! Yay! - hey! Hooooraaay! Who the heck is Troll Slayer Sophie and when did I buy her?

It seems I already started to paint her, but then decided otherwise, stripped *chuckles* her and put her away. Hm. Good point to start her all over again.

As I chose her to be the figure I wanted to paint next I had to think about the color scheme I wanted to use.

Well. I had no idea. I never really cared about fantasy style, so it never meant anything to me. The things I know about are modern or sci fi. I played a lot of Warhammer40k back in the days. I even wrote fanfiction stories which included the Imperial Guard and the Sisters of Battle ...

... Sisters of Battle ...

hm. that could make a great colour scheme. Works well with the flesh tones and still contrasts it. And as Sophie is a demon, the demon/witch hunter theme fits her rather perfectly.

I'll take it!

Well then - primed her and started painting.

But I am not sure - do I want to give her skin the grim dark appearance of an Adepta or a more Succubi-like appearance like ... this one:

Succubus

Suggestions?
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)