Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Oathsworn Ancient McFiggin

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Oathsworn's fourth kickstarter project was Clan McFiggin, a set of 12 dwarf brewers, back in 2014.

Time to get this party started!

170416-oathsworn-ancient-mcfiggin-a.jpg

170416-oathsworn-ancient-mcfiggin-c.jpg

170416-oathsworn-ancient-mcfiggin-b.jpg

This is Ancient McFiggin, the eldest of the lot, and presumably prime taster for the brewery.

There is something strange going on with his mouth. Not sure what is supposed to be what, so I went for dentures. Possibly is should have been the upper lip. Whatever.

Ancient McFiggin

from the Clan McFiggin KS

Oathsworn Miniatures

Metal

30mm bases

Edited by Maledrakh
22 people like this

This is a great model. I was just starting to put my toe in the Kickstarter pool on 2014,so missed out.  ::(:

Didn't even notice the funky teeth until you brought them up.  Whatever's going on, they work for this guy. 

Worhh I like this!

It fits him to be growling with his teeth showing..

Do you know if it is still possible to buy this figure anywhere?

Great paint, Maledrakh! And it may have taken you since 2014 to get around to this, but I haven't even undercoated mine yet.

As for the mouth thing, it's so long ago, I can't remember! I vaguely recall he had his mouth closed, but I'm usually wrong. I'll have to dig out the green and check that. It's the only way to be sure... ::D:

LarsM, sorry, but the mini's currently unavailable - it's on our ever-growing list of jobs to sort out, so it may happen eventually. Provided I don't get distrac...  ooooh, shiny!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Great paint, Maledrakh! And it may have taken you since 2014 to get around to this, but I haven't even undercoated mine yet.

As for the mouth thing, it's so long ago, I can't remember! I vaguely recall he had his mouth closed, but I'm usually wrong. I'll have to dig out the green and check that. It's the only way to be sure... ::D:

LarsM, sorry, but the mini's currently unavailable - it's on our ever-growing list of jobs to sort out, so it may happen eventually. Provided I don't get distrac...  ooooh, shiny!

Thanks for answering.

He would have matched perfectly into an idea with a drinking goblin boss from Avatars of War I have; "discussing the fine art of brewing"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      I'm working on Mr. Ironspike as a fastish paint job, while I rest my eyes after working on the lady with the spiked chain (also waiting for a shipment of paints so I can do red accents better for her). 

I got his face (skin, eyes, mouth) done, and have started the base coat for the rest of his skin. Swapped a lightbulb to something that isn't boiling my eyeballs - maybe it will help on my shading as well. Not sure what color the pants will be, but he definitely will have a glorious red mane (normal "red" hair which isn't actually red). Considering putting a tattoo of the Kirkwall symbol (Dragon Age 2) on his back, if I can swing it. 

Will try to get the lightbox set up for better photos in near future! 

• By hdclearman
      I picked this guy up in an auction.  Had never heard of the game Crucuble or the line of miniatures, but it was a big lot for a great price so I went for it.  I was pleasantly surprised how cool this turned out to be.

Comments and critique welcome.

• By Maledrakh
      I recently bought a lot of 50+ older style plastic Citadel Skeletons off Ebay for less than the price of a single box of 10 new ones, and have spent a few evenings plonking away at them. When I received the horde in the mail, many of the minis were reduced to parts, with many a broken arm and leg. A few were painted, but most were not. All needed thorough cleaning with both knife and with soapy water. 
      After the requisite cleaning up and prep-work was done, I had enough parts to build 45 skellies with hand weapons or spears -one with battle damage where the arms would be, plus 12 archers. Most of the parts were from the second style of skeletons made by GW in the 90s, but a few were from the older style made in the 80s. Those brought back many fond memories, as I built a box of them way back when.
      The original builder of these had also converted a few of them to have, say 4 arms, or battle damaged weapons and many shields were glued to the hands at an angle to suggest the builder did not know how a shield actually is held. No matter. I left these as they were.
      Painted in batches of 10, 20 and then 15 over the course of three evenings.

Archers:

I used some 30mm lipped "display" bases that I bought in bulk from Reaper some time ago to prepare for the third Bones KS shipment (that is several months delayed, but should soon be in hand, hopefully already in May or in June.)
      And, yes, the 30mm bases do take up more space on the shelf and lets fewer models into base contact in game, but they do look so much better than 25mm rounds or even the original 20mm squares.

45 Skeleton Warriors
      Warhammer Fantasy Battles, undead faction
      Games Workshop, 1980s and 90s
      HIPS plastic
      30mm bases
    • By DaemonDoesMinis
      Ok so I'm 5 months from 40 and never painted a model in my life. But a group of friends and I have recently started a D&D 5e campaign on guys trip and really got into it. However it soon became apparent that stick pins and grid board suck. So i wanted to get some minis for our game.... I was looking at pre paints but those are few and far between or over priced so watched a few Youtube videos... got an itch and firgured why the hell not.... so since i live in bumfuq nowhere i ordered from amazon and ebay the types of figures i needed for our characters a dwarf cleric, elf ranger, and elf mage.... i started with the dwarf, figured it would be easier as my friend likes alliance in WoW and always plays dwarfs but soon learned metal paints are a pain in the rump to me. the elf i did last night and i think i see improvement over the dwarf attempt. though seeing pictures brought out the flaws i hope fix before clear coating either one. i was in such a newbie rush i primed before triming the extra mold lines on the elf but really i seem to be missing the trick even with a new knife blade the lines seem to splinter or split and not come off the model. maybe i need files? seems like there were alot of defects on these plastic minis... my mage is metal and much better and detailed. Please let me know what you think and where i may need to ficus my attention to improve. Oh and any and all tips on mold line/imperfection removal definately appreciated :-)

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)