Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarsM

Ghost Story mini-diorama

15 posts in this topic

It looks great, but I wish it was better lit so I could see details. 

1 person likes this

Wow! Very impressive! I applaud loudly!

It turned out great!

Love the creepy eerie tree!

Thank you everyone.

I thought it fitted the scene to be a bit dark, but maybe it was too much..

That turned out fantastic! Very creepy!

The low lit photos are good to get across the atmosphere. Maybe a couple with regular lighting to see the details as well.

Everything really pulled together to make a nice diorama! Something to be proud of!

1 person likes this

FANTASTIC! From the dark, twisted tree through the long neglected, overgrown graveyard effect, your base creates a WONDERFULLY eerie visual narrative. It is the perfect setting for your Restless Spirit. VERY WELL DONE!

I am suitably impressed by your masterful creation.

1 person likes this

Well, you asked for it.. here is even more photos, close-ups with more light. And Uuuh does they show some flaws and mistakes :o) ..

Ghost14.jpg

Ghost15.jpg

Ghost17.jpg

Ghost18.jpg

Ghost19.jpg

Ghost20.jpg

Ghost21.jpg

9 people like this

Woah, I love that gnarled mossy tree, it really adds to the dark, eerie atmosphere, as well as framing the scene nicely. I also think it's super cool that the ghost glows in the dark! ::D:

Thanks for adding the brighter pictures, there were lots of details I would have missed otherwise, like the half-buried skeleton and the fantastic tombstone. Nicely done!

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

Thank you. I also really like the glowing ghost :0) 

1 person likes this

That's amazing.

As for flaws, we're our own worst critics! And tbh while they're prolly glaring to you, I can't see em ;) It looks awesome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
           This past week I painted the Drys, Dryad, figure from the Bones II, Sylvan Creatures set. Since I was in kind of a Frostgrave frame of mind when I was thinking about painting her, I decided I would try to paint her up in winter colors, like a dryad that has been unexpectedly awoken from her Winter sleep, and is not happy about it.

Photos linked for nudity:

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      EDGE OF OBLIVION

After many miles climbing the mountains of his homeland, Torgar the Barbarian had finally caught up to the two thieves who had stolen his family heirloom, his grandmother's axe which had been used to cut the head off the great orc chieftain Yarvak. He had found their trail and followed it through the blizzard. He was raging after he had shown them hospitality and drinks, they had slipped a drug into his drink and stolen the artifact.... Now was the time for the reckoning!

"VENGEANCE SHALL BE MINE!!!!" Roared Torgar, after taking the head off the first thief and showing it to the other.

"YOU HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO FLEE TO LITTLE THIEF, HERE IS YOUR EDGE OF OBLIVION!!!!"

The lone dwarf dropped the artifact and realized his folly, he could jump off the cliff to his death or have his head removed from his shoulders like that of his friend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a really fun project, it took me a while to get started on it and took me a couple of weeks to finish as I wanted to make it a display piece and be able to enter it into a couple of contests, one of which will be ReaperCon 2017.

Torgar the Barbarian, Limited Edition 72mm resin figure from Terrible Kids Stuff
      Random Encounter! 54mm resin figure from FER Miniature
      Base scratch built out of bark and milliput along with frit and snow flock

Shoutout to Thrym for putting together the placard for me!

WIP HERE

Thank you all for following along and your comments/critiques are greatly sought after and appreciated!

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama that I did for ReaperCon 2016. I started toying with ideas after the Mousling Award was announced and originally pictured a few Mouslings in a cave, totally oblivious to the spider on the ceiling. This changed when I was sorting through some burl wood and came across the piece that I used. I used wolf spiders as my inspiration as they like to make their home in holes and so rather than a cave, I had the Mouslings hunting the spider in a field. It just came together perfectly and I had a blast painting them. I am so addicted to Mouslings now.

"The Hunt"
      MSP Open Mousling Third Place

• By SGHawkins09
      This was one of my diorama entries at ReaperCon 2016. The idea came to me while watching Once Upon a Time and seeing the "Troll" bridge. This bridge is a toll bridge in Storybrooke that someone renamed Troll Bridge. I was then looking at Dark Sword's Critter Kingdoms Anthropomorphic line and came across the Horned Toad Assassin and thus the Toad Bridge came to be. It was originally going to be a larger piece with a troop of three or four facing off against the toad but it would have taken up most of my carrying case. So it got shrunk down and became just the cat against the Toad. The name also evolved into "Contention of Ownership."

"Contention of Ownership"
      Silver, Diorama, ReaperCon 2016

• By Inarah
      This is what I painted for Teskeria for the 2016 Secret Sophie exchange.  She said she liked dragons and the colors purple and pink.  I started with the green dragon hatchling, I wanted one that looked like it was attempting to fly, and this one seemed to be sitting up and paying attention.  I built up a little cork hill for Cassie to be standing on, demonstrating with her staff and her arms thrust wide.  The base has little hillocks covered in static grass. The bushes and flowers are real dried miniature plants that I pulled out of my dollhouse supplies.  Both figures are removable for play. Hope you enjoy!

• Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)