Sign in to follow this  
LarsM

Ghost Story mini-diorama

Thank you everyone.

I thought it fitted the scene to be a bit dark, but maybe it was too much..

That turned out fantastic! Very creepy!

The low lit photos are good to get across the atmosphere. Maybe a couple with regular lighting to see the details as well.

Everything really pulled together to make a nice diorama! Something to be proud of!

• Like 1

FANTASTIC! From the dark, twisted tree through the long neglected, overgrown graveyard effect, your base creates a WONDERFULLY eerie visual narrative. It is the perfect setting for your Restless Spirit. VERY WELL DONE!

I am suitably impressed by your masterful creation.

• Like 1

Well, you asked for it.. here is even more photos, close-ups with more light. And Uuuh does they show some flaws and mistakes :o) ..

Ghost14.jpg

Ghost15.jpg

Ghost17.jpg

Ghost18.jpg

Ghost19.jpg

Ghost20.jpg

Ghost21.jpg

• Like 10

Woah, I love that gnarled mossy tree, it really adds to the dark, eerie atmosphere, as well as framing the scene nicely. I also think it's super cool that the ghost glows in the dark! ::D:

Thanks for adding the brighter pictures, there were lots of details I would have missed otherwise, like the half-buried skeleton and the fantastic tombstone. Nicely done!

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      I put together this little diorama for Vegascat for the Secret Sophie this year.  He had expressed an interest in fantasy or steampunk and I wanted to give him something that would work for either.  The concept is a whos hunting who in a dark hall or around a building corner.  I left the figures attached with wax instead of gluing them down incase Vegascat wanted to use them in a campaign

I am afraid that recently my skills have fallen off some and it has been a really busy year.  I did find a few spots in the pictures that needed touchup and got them before I sent them out but its still rougher than I would really like (sorry bout that  I am beginning to think I really need glasses) .  I did think that the overall scene came out really well and in particular, the use of a hemming pin as the silver arrow added a really nice highlight and effect.    the actual walls are from some old mage knight dungeon tiles that I picked up years ago.  I literally have hundreds of them and this was an opportunity to use a few up. 

Anyway, here are the pictures,  Enjoy!

• By jonaas33
      Whipped this Ghost King up while I was taking a break from writing up an adventure.  Blue is my favorite color, and I decided to dive in head first with all of my different blue paints.  This is the first time I have tried adding high lights on the cloaks, and I think it made a huge difference.  Critiques and advice welcome as always, especially advice on high lights.  Thanks in advance!

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• By valkyriesinger
      Hello! I've recently started working on a diorama, and a friend of mine urged me to post here. The only thing that is missing from the pictures below is the kelp that will be behind the kraken (on the little pads on the back side of the base). It is some floppy aquarium kelp that I"m currently trying to figure out how to get it to stand up straight. Tips, tricks, C&C are all welcomed.

Here is the pre-primed coral wall in varying states of sand coverage. The coral is planned to be very brightly colored.

Primed base:

You can see the kelp pads in the pic above.

Base with Kraken for staging verification:

Here is the almost finished diver, who goes in the slot in front of the Kraken. This drab, dirty human looking down at his feet while the kraken looms above is one of my favorite parts, tbh.

Cheers!
      Valk
    • By Dcniles82
      This is something I have been working on for about a year, thanks to procrastination and being side tracked by other projects, but I finally decided to get it finished up.  It was a lot of fun to work on and I'm pleased with the finished result and the little story it tells.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)