15 posts in this topic

Super Duper!

1 person likes this

The reflection on her sword is just freakadelicious!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

She is stunning, these jeans looks so real and all the highlights are really amazing.

Edited by Metalchaos
1 person likes this

Very nice shading.

That pop of orange really does work too.

1 person likes this

Wow, I have to say, out of all the beautifully painted parts of this figure her hair is my favorite. It's so lifelike. Amazing.

1 person likes this

She has a very expressive face and curious look in her eyes!

Great job.

1 person likes this

Excellent!

You're an artist!

1 person likes this

I hope one day to be able to do such beautiful skin and blending! She is beautiful!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your flesh tones glow. She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
1 person likes this

Beautiful work!!! Your highlights in general are particularly superb, especially on her hair and the sash. Are the metallic bits NMM? If so, they're very well done! Amazing job! ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

1 person likes this

She is a lovely little thing.  The textures are expertly rendered.  The clear distinction between the worn glossy leather of her boots, the worn matt softness of her trousers, the gleam of the metals and the glimmers in her hair is quite remarkable.

1 person likes this

Fantastic work on her!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      Time to start a new WIP. My previous one crashed and burned fast with the featured projects being tabled for the foreseeable future. My focus now will be on ReaperCon projects, which I will be posting WIPs for soon, and this awesome bust that I call my top secret project.

The Shieldmaiden bust from Nutsplanet has been one I have been interested in painting for awhile but never thought I would. Well a while back, a good friend asked if I would paint his on commission so he could gift it to his fiancée. He is also a miniature painter and planned on painting it himself but decided he wanted me to paint it instead. As his fiancée is also a good friend, I said yes.

So enough chitchat, here are the first progress pictures. Shading on the skin has been blocked in and I have started blending. Not much to see at this point but any feedback would be appreciated. You are my only hope as Facebook is a no go.

• By Jasonator
      Well; It has taken me a bit longer to get these mini's assembled and painted.
      It is such a joy to look at one completed.    I went with the white horse because the color is so difficult.
      I used red just to experiment with the color on the surcoat, and gold for the emblems just because they are small
      and I wanted them to stand out.
      So here is Tom Meier's Sir Tristan  (on Horse and On Foot).
      Hope you enjoy the efforts.
      Jay

• By Citrine
      I finished Reaper's Valloa, Female Elf Thief (SKU  3566), a fun little figure with a lot of attitude.  I am very happy with the blond hair on this one.  Her face was a bit miscast, so her one eye is a bit weird.  There had to be some reason she decided on this career choice...

• By Citrine
      These are the Wizkids unpainted pre-primed Elf Sorceresses (SKU WZK72606).  I painted these up in April, just got around to adding basing and taking photos.
      For the price I think they are great, but they are definitely not as nicely detailed as the renders.  I decided to paint one up in a druidic color scheme.  I had issues with her face, since the faces are true scale, not heroic.  Not my best face, but its for tabletop, so it will do.  Also her hand didn't have any finger definition, so I painted it as a knitted mitten.

• By fanguad
      One of my friends came over today to paint, and I painted this custom HeroForge mini he ordered. She's apparently a Yuan-Ti pureblood PC in one of his games. There was some concept art with green eyes and purple clothing, so I used that to start with.

All told, she took around 4 hours. I'm quite happy with how she turned out... sitting and chatting and not agonizing over every decision made her fun and fast to paint.

Now, about the mini itself. Here is a fully zoom-in version of the image above. You can easily see the 3d printed layers, particularly on the base (which appeared not to have been perfectly horizontal in the printer), and on the raised arm. The picture doesn't necessarily draw attention to the same areas as the eye, but it's pretty obvious the layers are there if you spend any time looking at the mini. That said, for a tabletop piece it should be fine and the material itself took primer (and thus paint) just fine. The material had some flex to it, and there were only a few supports. Several small details were noticable, for example the details on the bag and the eyebrow piercings (which I didn't paint), but she was supposed to have more defined abs, which didn't show up. I don't think light sanding would have helped much - you would have to take off enough that you'd be seriously damaging the mini at that point. At $30 a pop, they're very expensive, but I could see it be worthwhile for a beloved character.
  • Who's Online   56 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)