She is stunning, these jeans looks so real and all the highlights are really amazing.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1

Your flesh tones glow. She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Beautiful work!!! Your highlights in general are particularly superb, especially on her hair and the sash. Are the metallic bits NMM? If so, they're very well done! Amazing job! ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

She is a lovely little thing.  The textures are expertly rendered.  The clear distinction between the worn glossy leather of her boots, the worn matt softness of her trousers, the gleam of the metals and the glimmers in her hair is quite remarkable.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      (Note: I actually started these a while back, though they are not done yet. This is a bit less of a WIP thread than a how-I-got-here-so-far thread, which I will update as I get my old pictures organized. Questions and comments and critiques are, as always, welcome.)

Last summer Bad Squiddo Games hosted a brief Kickstarter, "My Last Sunrise," of an assortment of Gothic horror minis centered around vampires. These two stood out to me as a little beyond the Hammer horror ethos of most of the other figures. While I was painting them I thought of them as "Feral Vampires," although when I just rechecked they are called "Vampire Thralls."

I dunno. They don't look very thrall-like to me.

Their tag line in the Kickstarter was "Float about in my night dress cooing for scraps? No way. I hunt my own meal."

Anyhow, they have a fun, odd, lady pirate or highwayman look.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is a slight deviation from how I prime figures. Normally I prime them with Titanium White (which I did here) and then wash over them with Burnt Umber to bring out the details. These I wanted kind of cold-looking, so I washed them with a cold dark grey mixed from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue.

That's them on the left. For a while I was including Bad Squiddo's "Dracula" in the photos, so you get a free peek at that too.

And as per usual, the first thing I did was their skin. In contrast to the skin of living humans, I have been painting vampire skin in stark black-and-white mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. The very first layer is thinned Titanium White, then pale shadows of the lightest grey.

• By Geoff Davis
      My favorite miniature that I've painted.  I did this one a  couple of years ago.

Geoff

• By Lucian523
      Hi It's been a while since I've posted. Here are my most recent minis painted in November/December. Also my first two Darksword mini's are in the group.
      I'll try to get better at photography, I made a Light box, but the results weren't good, so I just placed the mini's on the desk. Can't decide flash or no flash,
      I feel the flash brings out the highlights more though. Also the mini's have a weird mix of NMM attempts and Metallic paints.
      Mini's are;
      Anduriel - Reaper
      Bjorn - Reaper
      Maria - Reaper
      Trista - Reaper
      Petyr - Darksword
      Roose - Darksword

Thanks for Looking

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my entry in the Miniature Monthly End of Year Competition. It is a beautiful sculpt that was fun to paint. I had to do a desert theme due to playing Assassin’s Creed Origins inbetween painting sessions and I couldn’t get the light brown with blue color scheme out of my head. I am really happy with her skin although her left thigh looks really flat in the photo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• By Envii
      I'm painting a Rageclaw Warrior and I'm trying to figure out what this thing is.  He has a leather strap wrapped around one of his hind legs and there's something hanging off it.  Can anyone tell what it is?  It's a package or a letter maybe?  I don't know what color to paint it.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)