MojoBob

FitzBones: Jenny No-Nose

14 posts in this topic

I just did her in shades of gray instead of flesh tones, did her eyes in gloss black, and called her Alien Stone, ET Cowgirl. Nevertheless, I think I like yours better.

4 people like this

I painted mine up as a Githyanki.  Yours is impressively disturbing.

1 person likes this

That face is horrifying! Maybe she could be undead or some kind of doppelganger? Gotta say, your work on the leather is fantastic. 

1 person likes this

Skin stealer?!?

Nicely painted.

Great paintjob.

As for the nose, I have repaired that on Kyra Iconic Alchemist once.

Just took a drop of superglue on a toothpick let it cure for a second or so and put the little blob on the spot where the nose should be.

She is here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60501-bones-kyra-female-iconic-cleric/&/topic/60501-bones-kyra-female-iconic-cleric/?hl=kyra

I also have the Jenny no nose..will do the same to her when it is her time.

Unless I go for Undead...

3 people like this

Good work on a bad mini. She is wip on my bench at the moment for my suns toybox. She looks so much like a muppet with that missing nose. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

As for the nose, I have repaired that on Kyra Iconic Alchemist once.

Just took a drop of superglue on a toothpick let it cure for a second or so and put the little blob on the spot where the nose should be.

I've also managed similar nose jobs with a couple layers of thick paint (let it set for a bit before application). I suppose a good gel super glue might allow for some shaping as well.

1 person likes this

I actually think it is quite creepy like this. Like a scarecrow come to life or something. I like it!

2 people like this

I am tempted to use a little mask to cover her up when I paint this one up. Maybe like a kerchief mask.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      I finished this lady as my 3rd done since I ended my long painting hiatus. Took pictures a while ago, and until finals are done, no lightbox or new painting for me. But hey, I like the subjects, so I have that going for me. I post because I am trying to distract myself briefly without being thoroughly engrossed. 

Goals with her:
      Pale color shading on the dress. I wanted it almost white, kinda a creamy blue. I think it is ever so slightly darker than my initial goal, but still alright. 
      Anime girl. As I was looking at her, I realized that I didn't want her to be just another Caucasian. So I tried to make her look like a cute innocent anime girl. The tiny dot on her face is an intentional "mole". 
      Multicolor flowers, for the purpose of more color variety. 

Failure: that darn bird. I am seriously considering repainting it to be a bluebird. Only concern there is that I've lost some definition on the feathers, so I'd have to be very careful in doing thin layers. I tried to make it look like a yellow and green parakeet. 
      Hair may have needed more highlighting, but it didn't have deep creases to work with, so I went minimal. 

okay okay, second photo is before the base was colored, but I went swiftly on that anyway and it takes little space. 

Fire away with the red pens 

• By Silvervane
      Angelica is finally finished.  I went back to my WIP thread, and I realized I started her over a year ago.  She has been sitting on my desk waiting to be based for a while now.  I decided to go with a relatively simple base.  I really enjoyed painter her up.. I hope you enjoy seeing her finished up.  I certainly do.

Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel to give.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1658344233/rude-girls-female-orc-miniatures?ref=category_newest   Linked instead of embedded because nudity..  
      About this project
       Hello all,
      You are looking for a female leader for your orc army, or just a cool miniature to paint ? 
      Well, this is my first kickstarter, so don't be afraid if the layout is pretty basic, you will not find supershinywords or coolfantasybackground, it's not my style... What you see is what you get !
      Few words about me. Miniatures sculptor for nearly 20 years, I've worked for a lot of famous companies like Rackham, PrivateerPress, Mierce, and many others...  Today I want to create my own range, to explore my favorite themes in fantasy. 
      All the minis are cast in resin by a skilled craftsman, here in France, no Chinese plastic here.
    • By JackMann
      A buddy gave me his Khador army for Warmachine. While I figure out exactly how I want to paint my stompy robots, I thought I'd paint up one of my warcasters.

The red actually fairly easy, if time-consuming. Once I started going for details, it was a little harder. I originally went with red with brown leather (now only on the gun holster), but it was looking pretty muddy. I changed it to black for the most part, but the details were really getting lost. Changing a lot of the black to purple really helped get things to pop.

I used a lot of Scale75 paints, using their red and Metal 'n Alchemy sets. The rest was done primarily with Reaper paints, with a few Games Workshop washes.

The base was looking very plain until I added in some vegetation. I think it helped with the framing pretty well.
    • By Jaws
      These are my players for Chaos, in Blood Bowl. The Minotaur/Ogre and daemonettes, are from GW, and the Warriors are a mix of parts from GW, and Avatars of War. 

• Who's Online   59 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)