MojoBob

FitzBones: Jenny No-Nose

I just did her in shades of gray instead of flesh tones, did her eyes in gloss black, and called her Alien Stone, ET Cowgirl. Nevertheless, I think I like yours better.

• Like 4

I painted mine up as a Githyanki.  Yours is impressively disturbing.

• Like 1

Great paintjob.

As for the nose, I have repaired that on Kyra Iconic Alchemist once.

Just took a drop of superglue on a toothpick let it cure for a second or so and put the little blob on the spot where the nose should be.

She is here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60501-bones-kyra-female-iconic-cleric/&/topic/60501-bones-kyra-female-iconic-cleric/?hl=kyra

I also have the Jenny no nose..will do the same to her when it is her time.

Unless I go for Undead...

• Like 3

Good work on a bad mini. She is wip on my bench at the moment for my suns toybox. She looks so much like a muppet with that missing nose. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

As for the nose, I have repaired that on Kyra Iconic Alchemist once.

Just took a drop of superglue on a toothpick let it cure for a second or so and put the little blob on the spot where the nose should be.

I've also managed similar nose jobs with a couple layers of thick paint (let it set for a bit before application). I suppose a good gel super glue might allow for some shaping as well.

• Like 1

I actually think it is quite creepy like this. Like a scarecrow come to life or something. I like it!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      (Note: I actually started these a while back, though they are not done yet. This is a bit less of a WIP thread than a how-I-got-here-so-far thread, which I will update as I get my old pictures organized. Questions and comments and critiques are, as always, welcome.)

Last summer Bad Squiddo Games hosted a brief Kickstarter, "My Last Sunrise," of an assortment of Gothic horror minis centered around vampires. These two stood out to me as a little beyond the Hammer horror ethos of most of the other figures. While I was painting them I thought of them as "Feral Vampires," although when I just rechecked they are called "Vampire Thralls."

I dunno. They don't look very thrall-like to me.

Their tag line in the Kickstarter was "Float about in my night dress cooing for scraps? No way. I hunt my own meal."

Anyhow, they have a fun, odd, lady pirate or highwayman look.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is a slight deviation from how I prime figures. Normally I prime them with Titanium White (which I did here) and then wash over them with Burnt Umber to bring out the details. These I wanted kind of cold-looking, so I washed them with a cold dark grey mixed from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue.

That's them on the left. For a while I was including Bad Squiddo's "Dracula" in the photos, so you get a free peek at that too.

And as per usual, the first thing I did was their skin. In contrast to the skin of living humans, I have been painting vampire skin in stark black-and-white mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. The very first layer is thinned Titanium White, then pale shadows of the lightest grey.

• By SparrowMarie
      I finished her. It's finished but not perfect. I could have messed around with things even further and cleaned her up a bit more. I really probably could have left her sitting for weeks trying to figure out what else to do which is when I decided it's done.

Pretty happy with the eyes on this one. Also, the chaps were the first time I'd attempted to do distressed leather which I think look pretty good for a first attempt. Probably could have gotten clearer pictures but didn't want to fight with the phone any longer.

ETA: C&C welcome.

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my entry in the Miniature Monthly End of Year Competition. It is a beautiful sculpt that was fun to paint. I had to do a desert theme due to playing Assassin’s Creed Origins inbetween painting sessions and I couldn’t get the light brown with blue color scheme out of my head. I am really happy with her skin although her left thigh looks really flat in the photo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• By SparrowMarie
      I got quite a ways into this one before I decided to start this. I'm kind of stuck as to where to go next. Not sure if I want to just put eyes on her and call her done or something more. I definitely have some touch ups to do before she's "done." I have a middle progress photo but it's not saving for whatever reason. I want her to look similar to the texas ranger that I painted previously as this is a PC mini of mine I wanted to update. 

So any advice as where to go next?

ETA: added middle photo
    • By fanguad
      This was the Secret Sophie mini I painted for Auberon this year.  One of the "inspiration" pictures he sent me was described as "not technically a chainmail bikini."  So I just decided to go with an unabashed chainmail bikini.

I experimented a bit and used NMM on the armor and blades.  I'm happy with the placement on the gold, but I think it needs more contrast.  I'm happy with the contrast on the steel, but the placement is definitely wrong somehow.  Comments on how to improve this are welcome.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)