AEdge

03505: Brandle Birchstaff, Arch Mage and 03693: Qualanar, Human Wizard

4 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

So cool, love the owl and all the colors and the fact that the wizards are blond and not grey!

Thank you for noticing! It was too easy and common to go with the usual grey or white hair. I wanted to break that mold and give them a slightly different look. 

• Like 5

Those are amazing.  I too like the idea of avoiding the tradition grey/white hair and the cloaks are just . . . I don't know, "spectacular" doesn't do them justice.

• Like 1

On April 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM, AEdge said:

Thank you for noticing! It was too easy and common to go with the usual grey or white hair. I wanted to break that mold and give them a slightly different look. 

It turned out great I think and gives them a certainly look of vitality, instead of just being old codgerly wizards. 

• Like 1

Jawdropping good!

The cloaks draw the attention first obviously, but the hair, the expression on the faces, stuff like the owl and the satchel, awesome!!!!

• Like 1

These are absolutely flabbergastingly good. Thanks for increasing my aspiration levels! Any tips or tricks to get the finesse on those? The shading is so fluid and the freehand is incredible! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my favorite project of 2017 due to how much I pushed my abilities in creating it. It was my first major conversion of this sort, first time doing texture, first major use of OSL, and first Sci Fi base built fully from scratch. So lots of firsts with this one. Those of you who followed my WIP thread know what I went through with this one;  the OSL dilemma, redoing the base, and sculpting new hands at the last minute. In all I am proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and I cannot give enough thanks to those who posted in the WIP thread, your encouragement gave me the push that I needed.

So this conversion is the result of critique I received at ReaperCon 2016 regarding my Open entry, it was to up the difficulty of my conversions. When I got home I went through the Reaper web store and found minis that I call "blank slates", ones that I felt would be a good base for multiple conversions. I found a few that sparked an idea but the one that I got stuck on was Anirion and how he would make the perfect Jedi. So he was the project I choose for my ReaperCon 2017 Open entry but I made myself focus on having fun with it and not worrying about it being perfect. When I was finished, I was extremely happy with the results but I knew that there were somethings that could be better. Knowing that, I was extremely surprised to find that I got a gold medal in Open and blown away when it was announced that I got the Open Silver Sophie. So again thank you to everyone who gave me feedback in the WIP thread.

WIP thread: Wizard of a Different Sort: Anirion Conversion

Conversion breakdown:
      -Reshaped hood and sleeves
      -Smoothed out cloak to remove border
      -Removed staff and bag?
      -Repositioned arms 
      -Added light saber out of styrene and metal piece
      -Added some strands of hair
      -Resculpted hands

• By Pochi
      This is Istariel from Judgement. I am pretty happy with how she turned out.

I used the Olive Skin triad on her. I just bought them at Cancon and wanted to test them out. Really like them so will be ordering some of the other skin triads soon. I used several other Reaper paints including Nightshade Purple (my favorite!), and the clears = red, yellow, and purple.

She is the first 54 mm that I have painted. I figured with her being larger, her eyes would be bigger. Nope!

With so much fire and the way that it wraps around her, it was hard to do realistic highlights and shadows. I instead decided to highlight and shade her "normally" with some respect to the fire as a light source but not a set in stone guideline. I then did OSL on her using the colors of which part of the flame I thought would be hitting particular areas. My favorite parts are her right side, her underlit underboobs, and the back of her hair.

She has a lean. I have reglued her twice and she still leans. I am sure it is user error but damned if I can get her to stand straight!

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.

• By buckyball
      Here is a figure I am working on for an ongoing D&D campaign.

He has this glowing ball thing.

buckyball

• By Lidless Eye
      Who doesn't love Halflings in Mittens?

Wait, that's not the name of the set?  Why not?

Alright, it turns out they're actually "The Winter Adventurers" from a recent Midlam Miniatures Kickstarter.  As always, Midlam delivers nice old-school designs with newer sculpting methods and details.  I think quite highly of the company.

The Halflings in Mittens:

Wizards and their apprentices:

The Dwarfette:

A human scout.  I tried to go with an Inuit look for her.

Every party has that guy:

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)