AEdge

03505: Brandle Birchstaff, Arch Mage and 03693: Qualanar, Human Wizard

20 posts in this topic

Amazing work! Those capes are captivating!

1 person likes this

Wow!!

They're fantastic!

1 person likes this

You do produce some TRULY AMAZING creations. These prove my point SPLENDIDLY. Your skillful brushwork & fine eye for colors backup a WONDERFUL imagination. VERY WELL DONE once more!

1 person likes this

WOW- these are the type of minis that make me draw in a quick breath and then just hold it as i stare stunned at my monitor...

Everything here is phenomenal! 

My favorite part is how subdued and subtle the freehand is...  Not only is it beautiful, but it looks real as if it were fabric rather than paint on metal.  Truly a masterful piece of painting there.

Bookmarked for future inspiration... WAY distant future.... Perhaps in the 23rd century i might want to attempt that ;)

2 people like this

They look subliminal, you did an amazing job on both of them.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Presenting Reaper's February 25th Anniversary miniature - Domur, High Mage.

I got sidelined by a multiple dragon project recently so I'm a little bit behind with my 25th Anniversary figures project but I'm getting back on track now. I opted out of doing OSL on the spell effect & decided on something gaseous & non photonic (at least, that's the excuse I'm sticking to! ). I wanted to have the spell effect go through a distinctive colour change so I came up with a counjouring technique to explain it;
      First, Domur reads from the book, this causes a white inert harmless spirit to appear from the pages of the book. Then, as the spirit wafts closer to the magic crystal in Domur's staff, it takes in it's massive power (& colour) & becomes weaponised.........

I used metallic blue paint to highlight the inner lining of the cape for an extra touch of wizardly oppulence. Finally, I've managed to sneak my favourite purple into the book cover - I'll be "shoehorning" this colour into all my Reaper 25th anniversary minis as a form of unification.

2 Down, 10 to go.......

Thanks for looking!

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello!

I picked up the Bones version of Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer at Origins, and his nose is flattened compared to photos of the metal version. I have found one photo of another Corim and it looks like his nose is squashed in that one, too.

I'm assuming this is a casting flaw, and not an intentional feature. Do all of the Bones version of Corim have a squashed shnozz?

I know the days of gnomes with enormous noses are well past, but poor Corim should have at least some nose to speak of.
    • By Flaming Tiki
      While cleaning and prepping this wiz, I knocked off the top of his staff (which was kinda ugly anyway). Glued it back (CA and baking soda), no surprise, came off again. So something new is in order. I came up with this. At first I felt the skull was going to be too large, I'm okay with that. Now my concern is that it looks more, "headhunter-ish". I went to bed thinking a solid gold or chrome might "fix the cannibalistic" feel of it. Or I just go with the ever-popular (and a bit tired) crystal ball or gems. Opinions? The skull seems to "evil up' the character. I'm not partial as to his disposition, I/he could go evil or good,

Thanks for lookin'  - Joe

• Who's Online   28 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)