Sign in to follow this  
ced1106

Here, Kitty, Kitty : Painted Tabbies!

A terror of tabbies from the Fireside Games "Here, Kitty, Kitty" boardgame, painted with The Army Painter paints.

I'll be posting a painting tutorial in the BGG "Here, Kitty, Kitty" forum.

The plastic, of course, is boardgame plastic, requiring quite a bit of mold line removal and gap filling. Like red and yellow, orange needs several coats for coverage, so correcting mistakes and painting over shaded colors took awhile.

The remaining *thirty* cats are black, grey, and white, so hopefully won't take as long... <_<

IMG_1472.JPG

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 21

4 hours ago, Pineapple said:

What were they before you started? Plain orange plastic?

Yep! :)

Thanks for the support -- took me a month to get from the original miniatures to this point. Much time was spent scraping and filling!

Here's the originals:

pic3266622_md.jpg

• Like 4

Nice work! I like how you made each one unique, that's a neat little touch. :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      Coming in April and based on the comics, not any past or upcoming movies.
      The Hellboy board game will be a co-operative experience in which players face off against some of the comic’s most famous foes. Up to four people take control of iconic BRPD members, such as Hellboy, Abe Sapien and Roger the Homunculus, before exploring gothic locations and uncovering ancient artifacts.
      Set to make its Kickstarter debut in April 2018, the Hellboy board game will feature stunning, pre-assembled plastic miniatures that accurately capture the look and feel of Mike Mignola’s world famous comic series.
      “Hellboy has a great cast of characters, diverse locations and legendary monsters from the pages of folklore and myth,” said Ronnie Renton, Mantic CEO. “The comics provide a fantastic foundation on which to build an immersive, fun and fast-paced co-operative board game that will let players experience some of their favorite moments from the series.”

• By BananeDC
      Edit : wrong copy/paste for the comment in french, sorry
      So here is my stadium for Bloodbowl, realized in 2015; i wanted to share it with you.

• By BananeDC
      Hi,

Here's my Conan the Boardgame miniatures. Painted in 6 weeks last year for a total of 120 hours of work. 212 minis.

• By Evilhalfling
      This is going to be a combined set of photos and game logs.  I will try and alternate posts. 
      I just received the KS ,on Thursday the 19th. So I started assembling the first 4 survivors andthe White Lion. 
      My D&D group has 5 players, so I also assembled a 5th unarmored survivor from the kits. 

This is kingdom of death: a HUGE black box with an awesome "Botique Horror"  board game and more than 35 minis to assemble and paint.  Some are truly
      amazing figures....

The starting 4 figures were much easier to assemble than I feared.  Its like the game starts you off in training mode. 
      Even the lion was easy, but it did have a lot of cracks to fill.  the figures have dynamic poses. 

Some are not, as amazing.  The unarmored survivor below is very up straight, and the number of pieces is annoying.
      Arms: 4 pieces! for example.  I cut a few extra from the sprue before I got the right combination of forearm pieces and both a right and left hand. 
      I find it odd that the male starting survivors are left handed, and the women are right handed.  (based on which hand holds the weapon) 
      for as detailed as the starting survivors were, the back on this figure was poorly done, looking like a ken doll level of detail.  
      I made him right handed, but unarmed. He is supposed to be beckoning a monster.  to "Come at me, Bro" 

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376478938/incantris?ref=category_newest

We wanted to share the Incantris Kickstarter project image with you and see what you think! The project will be launching on September 7th, and it is only going to run for about 14 days! Do you think this project image will make people pause and see what it's all about? Let us know; we can't wait to get it started. = )

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)