Baldur8762

I need a Skald

Greetings All!

I have an upcoming game of Pathfinder and I am going to be playing a Skald.  For those who may not know, it is a combination between a barbarian and a bard (a bardbarian?)  I have always wanted to play as a bard but I also want to be true to my Viking roots and smash axes into skulls. Thus, Skald. 

I cannot find a mini that I think meets this criteria.  There is the "iconic" skald from the pathfinder line but frankly to me it seems so generic and lacking the essence of what I am looking for.  So I am turning to you all to see if anyone has suggestions. It can be bones or metal. I have browsed through the catalog but just have not found it.  Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

You could convert a Viking mini to carry a musical instrument.

Reaper has a pack with musical instruments.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/music/latest/03032

And I stumbled along this guy, isn't he useful?

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/music/latest/02360

• Like 1

I see you know about the official skald mini, here is what the mini is based upon:

PZO1129-Skald_360.jpeg

or do the add instrument to existing figure option:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/viking

Edited by haldir
I didn't see you already knew about the official Skald mini....
  • Like 2

There is a horn (not quite a lur) on the back of the iconic skald mini, it looks rather cooler than first impressions would lead you to believe.  I bought one for the skald my husband is playing, mostly because he carries a horn of ghost sound anyway.  ::D: 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Greetings All!

I have an upcoming game of Pathfinder and I am going to be playing a Skald.  For those who may not know, it is a combination between a barbarian and a bard (a bardbarian?)  I have always wanted to play as a bard but I also want to be true to my Viking roots and smash axes into skulls. Thus, Skald. 

I cannot find a mini that I think meets this criteria.  There is the "iconic" skald from the pathfinder line but frankly to me it seems so generic and lacking the essence of what I am looking for.  So I am turning to you all to see if anyone has suggestions. It can be bones or metal. I have browsed through the catalog but just have not found it.  Thanks for the help!

human? man or woman?

• Like 2

Just thought of this one as well. If you want to go non-Reaper, look for Red Box Games. Scale is slightly smaller then Reaper but Tre Manor is uber when it comes all things Viking & such.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, EvilJames said:

What kind of instrument and weapon do you picture? Is it human or not?

Human, Male, Don't know honestly about the instrument. I may consider the conversion option if I can't find exactly what I am looking for, I never considered that and frankly I didn't think I would be capable of doing it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

lacking the essence of what I am looking for. 

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

I can't find exactly what I am looking for

Can you give us details of what it is you're looking for?

Big? Lean?
Helmeted? Long-haired? Bearded?
Wearing a specific type of armor, specific weapons?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Just thought of this one as well. If you want to go non-Reaper, look for Red Box Games. Scale is slightly smaller then Reaper but Tre Manor is uber when it comes all things Viking & such.

Seconding this.  Tre Manor is the god of Viking minis.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Can you give us details of what it is you're looking for?

Big? Lean?
Helmeted? Long-haired? Bearded?
Wearing a specific type of armor, specific weapons?

I suppose I imagine my Skald being somewhat like myself.  Large, bearded, genial and nonchalant about things.  He goes through life not generally caring what people think of him. I suppose I just don't want him to look directly threatening. Every barbarian I see is in a pose for attacking. My Skald just wants to drink and sing and laugh.   He knows he can kick everyone's backside but has no genuine desire to do so unless provoked.

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Thanks, I will have to check that out!

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

I suppose I imagine my Skald being somewhat like myself.  Large, bearded, genial and nonchalant about things.  He goes through life not generally caring what people think of him. I suppose I just don't want him to look directly threatening. Every barbarian I see is in a pose for attacking. My Skald just wants to drink and sing and laugh.   He knows he can kick everyone's backside but has no genuine desire to do so unless provoked.

I think Tharn Helmsunder manages to have an easygoing look to him.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/helmsunder/latest/02640

You can probably cut off most of the helmet in his hand and turn the rest into a musical horn.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

I think Tharn Helmsunder manages to have an easygoing look to him.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/helmsunder/latest/02640

You can probably cut off most of the helmet in his hand and turn the rest into a musical horn.

Ooo, he looks like he's in a Viking musical and is just bursting into song.  ::D:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Ooo, he looks like he's in a Viking musical and is just bursting into song.  ::D:

Orchestral music swells ♫ and an echoing baritone rolls across the fjords as a great fellow crests over the hill, arms wide, charging forward:

♫  THE HILLS ARE ALIIIIIVE ♫ ....

• Like 3

Hows about this guy? He's big and bearded and not directly threatening. Also this guy is kinda cool.

Edited by EvilJames