Jump to content
Baldur8762

I need a Skald

Recommended Posts

Greetings All!

I have an upcoming game of Pathfinder and I am going to be playing a Skald.  For those who may not know, it is a combination between a barbarian and a bard (a bardbarian?)  I have always wanted to play as a bard but I also want to be true to my Viking roots and smash axes into skulls. Thus, Skald. 

 

I cannot find a mini that I think meets this criteria.  There is the "iconic" skald from the pathfinder line but frankly to me it seems so generic and lacking the essence of what I am looking for.  So I am turning to you all to see if anyone has suggestions. It can be bones or metal. I have browsed through the catalog but just have not found it.  Thanks for the help!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could convert a Viking mini to carry a musical instrument.

 

Reaper has a pack with musical instruments.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/music/latest/03032

 

And I stumbled along this guy, isn't he useful?

 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/music/latest/02360

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see you know about the official skald mini, here is what the mini is based upon:

 

PZO1129-Skald_360.jpeg

 

or do the add instrument to existing figure option:

 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/viking

Edited by haldir
I didn't see you already knew about the official Skald mini....
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a horn (not quite a lur) on the back of the iconic skald mini, it looks rather cooler than first impressions would lead you to believe.  I bought one for the skald my husband is playing, mostly because he carries a horn of ghost sound anyway.  ::D: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Greetings All!

I have an upcoming game of Pathfinder and I am going to be playing a Skald.  For those who may not know, it is a combination between a barbarian and a bard (a bardbarian?)  I have always wanted to play as a bard but I also want to be true to my Viking roots and smash axes into skulls. Thus, Skald. 

 

I cannot find a mini that I think meets this criteria.  There is the "iconic" skald from the pathfinder line but frankly to me it seems so generic and lacking the essence of what I am looking for.  So I am turning to you all to see if anyone has suggestions. It can be bones or metal. I have browsed through the catalog but just have not found it.  Thanks for the help!

human? man or woman?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought of this one as well. If you want to go non-Reaper, look for Red Box Games. Scale is slightly smaller then Reaper but Tre Manor is uber when it comes all things Viking & such.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EvilJames said:

What kind of instrument and weapon do you picture? Is it human or not?

 

Human, Male, Don't know honestly about the instrument. I may consider the conversion option if I can't find exactly what I am looking for, I never considered that and frankly I didn't think I would be capable of doing it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

lacking the essence of what I am looking for. 

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

I can't find exactly what I am looking for

Can you give us details of what it is you're looking for?

Big? Lean?
Helmeted? Long-haired? Bearded?
Wearing a specific type of armor, specific weapons?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, haldir said:

Just thought of this one as well. If you want to go non-Reaper, look for Red Box Games. Scale is slightly smaller then Reaper but Tre Manor is uber when it comes all things Viking & such.

 

Seconding this.  Tre Manor is the god of Viking minis.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Can you give us details of what it is you're looking for?

Big? Lean?
Helmeted? Long-haired? Bearded?
Wearing a specific type of armor, specific weapons?

I suppose I imagine my Skald being somewhat like myself.  Large, bearded, genial and nonchalant about things.  He goes through life not generally caring what people think of him. I suppose I just don't want him to look directly threatening. Every barbarian I see is in a pose for attacking. My Skald just wants to drink and sing and laugh.   He knows he can kick everyone's backside but has no genuine desire to do so unless provoked.

 

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Just thought of this one as well. If you want to go non-Reaper, look for Red Box Games. Scale is slightly smaller then Reaper but Tre Manor is uber when it comes all things Viking & such.

Thanks, I will have to check that out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

I suppose I imagine my Skald being somewhat like myself.  Large, bearded, genial and nonchalant about things.  He goes through life not generally caring what people think of him. I suppose I just don't want him to look directly threatening. Every barbarian I see is in a pose for attacking. My Skald just wants to drink and sing and laugh.   He knows he can kick everyone's backside but has no genuine desire to do so unless provoked.

I think Tharn Helmsunder manages to have an easygoing look to him.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/helmsunder/latest/02640

You can probably cut off most of the helmet in his hand and turn the rest into a musical horn.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

I think Tharn Helmsunder manages to have an easygoing look to him.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/helmsunder/latest/02640

You can probably cut off most of the helmet in his hand and turn the rest into a musical horn.

 

Ooo, he looks like he's in a Viking musical and is just bursting into song.  ::D:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

Ooo, he looks like he's in a Viking musical and is just bursting into song.  ::D:

 

Orchestral music swells ♫ and an echoing baritone rolls across the fjords as a great fellow crests over the hill, arms wide, charging forward:

 

♫  THE HILLS ARE ALIIIIIVE ♫ ....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hows about this guy? He's big and bearded and not directly threatening. Also this guy is kinda cool.

Edited by EvilJames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×