Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Been trying to do so much. Get back into woodworking/pipe making, both kids have baseball, son has scouts, and I've been wanting to paint some more.
So here is a figure I started a while back. I didn't take any before pics but I started to repaint the old areas I had painted.
By Sophie was taken
Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:
Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).
Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.
I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.
All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated.
Here's my version of Aurelio Endrino.
I feel that there's a certain disconnection between the fact that he is obviously a druid, with a ragged cloack, with a racoon on his shoulder... and his perfectly groomed hair & beard. I guess beeing nature's paladin doesn't mean one should look like Radagast from "The Hobbit" trilogy.
I tried a very similar look as the one reaper used. Leathers could be blended better I think...
By Sophie was taken
Opened this one up and got it primed when I noticed a very significant case of mold-slippage. The details on her right side and left arm just didn’t line up, and I don’t have the skill to file/green stuff it away. So, rather than weep and save the mini for a melt table, she became practice! This ended up being a combination of speedpaint, demimetallic experimentation, and basing attempt, 3-4 hours total work including lots of futzing with paint mixes on my palette. The results:
Oh, and I made her a Dark Elf to try more white hair.
The purple metal is Royal Purple and Filigree Silver, mixed in varying degrees. Other metallics tended to un-purple the mix too much (except New Gold, but that’s a different look). I think she’s supposed to have gauntlets, but due to the casting issues these became cloth sleeves.
In the end she turned out far better than expected, so I’m glad I didn’t give up. One less potential resident of the shelf of shame. Comments and critiques welcome, as always.
Who's Online 45 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Cranky Dog
- Froggy the Great
- Kuro Cleanbrush
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Mad Jack
- Paradoxical Mouse