Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

14366: Dehanis Twinleaf, Elf Druid

Wow, I really like those bright colors. So much life from the base to the figure. Well done!

• Like 2

She really is LOVELY. I love her bronze complexion, her beautiful eyes, & her green hair...unusual hair colors are something I have yet to try. The Autumn colors are GORGEOUSAND the details like the leaves & butterfly are WONDERFUL touches that make the piece unique. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

As always... Beautiful!! 

Every time I see you are posting new pics I get super excited!!  I truly truly love everything you do!  Amazing work!

Did you see that your Geisha is on the Reaper store as an example for that sculpt?

Although I am still waiting for more of the DDS2... but as long as you are posting something I am happy! 

Any chance you could do a WIP for when you are creating one of these beautiful bases?  As a newbie to miniatures I have only focused on painting but I am wanting to do some basing.  I would really like to see what materials you use and how you use them.

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I like the autumn colours, and the basing is great!

Thank you! I think she would be fun to get 4 copies of and do them up as the different seasons!

10 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Wow, I really like those bright colors. So much life from the base to the figure. Well done!

Thank you!

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

She really is LOVELY. I love her bronze complexion, her beautiful eyes, & her green hair...unusual hair colors are something I have yet to try. The Autumn colors are GORGEOUSAND the details like the leaves & butterfly are WONDERFUL touches that make the piece unique. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you! I was very happy with how her skin turned out. This is the first time I have tried very dark skin. I can't take credit for the hair color, it was what my player asked for - "bright green" she said. As for the base, I didn't feel like spring flowers would look right on the base with the autumn leaves in her hair and on her bracelets. Luckily I got my hands on those leaf punches and they ended up working great! I should maybe not have used the largest size leaves but I have seen some really big leaves in the fall so.....

8 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

As always... Beautiful!! 

Every time I see you are posting new pics I get super excited!!  I truly truly love everything you do!  Amazing work!

Did you see that your Geisha is on the Reaper store as an example for that sculpt?

Although I am still waiting for more of the DDS2... but as long as you are posting something I am happy! 

Any chance you could do a WIP for when you are creating one of these beautiful bases?  As a newbie to miniatures I have only focused on painting but I am wanting to do some basing.  I would really like to see what materials you use and how you use them.

You are too sweet! Thank you!

I was very flattered to see the geisha made the store!

I have a couple things left that I need to paint before I get back to DDS2. I am anxious to start on the dragon. I've been thinking of how I want him/her to look and now it is just see if I get it from my imagination to the model!

I actually still have the materials out that I used for the basing and will need a couple more bases made so I will see if I can get a WIP up soon. I am a base procrastinator so doing a WIP would maybe help me out!

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

Super Duper! 

Thanks, George!

1 hour ago, Silvervane said:

What the technocolor wolf said.

Thank you!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Extremely lovely! Great base and perfect transitions.. Awesome!

Thank you!

"Lily's" player received her today at game time and loved her!

• Like 1

The whole color scheme is gorgeous! I like the large leaves. They give the impression that druids help to make the forests grow stronger due to their care. Such a beautiful paint job. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 1:23 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

The whole color scheme is gorgeous! I like the large leaves. They give the impression that druids help to make the forests grow stronger due to their care. Such a beautiful paint job. 

Thank you! It is autumn here so I gathered up some leaves and use my new leaf punches on them and then brushed them with matte sealer. Not sure if it will work. Giving them a few days to see how they look but they look so cool right now! Not sure if they will turn brown.

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You did a fantastic job on her!

Thank you! She has a very cute little face and was fun to paint!

Did you sculpt the butterfly?  It came out well, and your colors on the whole figure are very nice. ::):  If you didn't sculpt it, I'm curious where you got it.

• Like 1

She looks great!

And the base looks amazing.

I too share your sentiment on basing. I'd much rather move on to the next figure. However, bases do make a big difference in the visual impact of a figure. So I can't say I hate basing. 

I like all the leaves you added to the base.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this