Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guildenstern

GW Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

6 posts in this topic

Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.

I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.

DeffwarbikeDone1.jpg.02f262219de2b681ddec5610723dbad7.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone2.jpg.2158f77e93d0284af273c02fb9648c24.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone3.thumb.jpg.5e7cc7b856c6d543a727792eb1a42388.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone4.thumb.jpg.9d2462793ef6acc92a91c77659f8f1ac.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone5.jpg.cd6780294a314e08f7cd595bf6206d53.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone6.jpg.c485bb68f6ca15b40e52bbc19b23405a.jpg

20 people like this

I think it looks spectacular!

Awesome conversion, great job!

1 person likes this

BABABAD, BAD TO THE BONE! That is wat is now playing through my excuse for a brain. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & IMAGINATIVELY based. VERY WELL DONE!

3 people like this

That's cool!!

You have a terrific way of making your vehicles grungy without being drab. Love it. 

Nice paintjob, weathering and water.

Nice sense of action in the pose as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
           So I was never thrilled with the "face" on the Shipwreck Revenant; it always looked a little contrived and dorky to me.  To me it would have looked much better with some sort of menacing figurehead on the front.   Then it struck me that Reaper's Dark Maiden would be prefect for this.  I tried mine out, and was amazed at how perfectly it fit on the front.

But before I shelled out the money to order a new one, I thought I'd dig through my Bones pile and see if anything would fill the bill.  That's when I hit on the Succubus Queen (Sophie's Mom)  from the Stoneskull Expansion.    She had a plain enough pose that she looked like she'd be a good candidate for a figurehead.  And as I played around with bending her wings back, I realized if I flipped them over they closely mirrored the curve of the prow of a ship. I thought her demonic appearance would help sell the evil feel of the Shipwreck Golem as well. 

So, a bit of hack and chop later, and I had trimmed her down, separated the wings, and found a bit of curved sprue that would be a good candidate for the front beam of the ship. 

And so this where I ended for the night.  I will need to soak my Succubus parts in some soapy water and get them washed, rinsed, and dried, before I start gluing anything.  

• By Cyradis
      I got my Stephanie Law KS pack from DSM. Its awesome. There are many more pieces to glue than in Reaper figures so I'm kinda worried about that. Anyway, onto the not so pressing but very fun matter. 

I had the honor of being the first one to get a goofed up package in the kickstarter. I got the male necromancer (arms and body), the arms of the male bard, and a second male necromancer body. DSM swiftly sent out a replacement bard, complete with a body and arms. 

Goal: The Necrobard

Now I have spare bard arms and a spare necromancer body. Dilemma: the arms are well, arms. The body needs a single arm. The socket is also not perfect due to slightly different clothing but it is darn close. The arm and the arm-hole that are needed are both at the elbow joint. 

How would you recommend taking the right hand off the lute so that the male necromancer can be holding a lute in front of him in his left hand? Thus he would become the necrobard, who would sing the dead back to life. 

• By Jordan Peacock
      I'm converting some Secret Weapon Miniatures "Tablescapes" terrain tiles to have a retro post-apocalyptic look for some Fallout-themed games for Necronomicon Science Fiction Convention - Tampa, FL (2017). My primary tools are some Japanese "plastic clay" and Apoxie Sculpt two-part epoxy putty.
      (More information on the convention, in case y'all are down in Tampa, Florida in October and want to check out the game.  I'll be using a bunch of Reaper minis, too.  ;)  --> http://stonehill.org/necro.htm )

The "plastic clay" (pictured below) is pretty much the same stuff as Instant Mold in the US. It comes in ingots, and consists of a plastic with a low melting point, so I can boil a mug of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then dunk the plastic in the water, and it turns soft and pliable -- then, I get some pliers (mindful of the hot water!) and squash the plastic against a surface with a texture I'd like to "lift." Once it cools (a trip to the freezer can hasten this), I can peel off the plastic, and now I have a temporary press-mold -- and when I'm done, I can cut and re-melt it to use again.

Apoxie Sculpt is your basic epoxy putty (similar to Magic Sculpt, Magic Sculp {sic}, and a number of others), useful for press molds, solidifies over the course of few hours, and can be sanded down once completely hardened. It's much cheaper than "green stuff," but far inferior to the green stuff for especially fine detail (such as sculpting faces on 25-32mm scale minis).

So, my basic plan here is two-fold: for my Fallout (Savage Worlds) campaign, the unifying theme is that of a "road trip," so I want ROADS, and I need wrecked junkers along the way. There's no way I'm going to smash up this pretty O-scale truck I picked up, so instead my plan is to get impressions of the hood and grill, so I can add some '50s-ish car parts to my "Scrapyard" board, and a rusty hood and fallen road signs alongside a heavily eroded roadway through the wasteland. (I also posted photos of progress on converting Rolling Hills tiles into "wasteland eroded highway" in an album on my "wall," but I haven't figured out how to attach those here as well.)

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just making this up as I go along. I reserve the right to back up, chip off pieces of dried epoxy putty, repaint, and try again, if it doesn't go well. The HIPS Tablescapes tiles are pretty durable, and the deep details give me good anchor points to add some putty details, but I don't want to bulk them up overly much, or add too much weight, as that defeats the purpose of having these modular lightweight terrain tiles to cart to game stores or conventions.

2017-07-07 Snapshot #1: Scrapyard Tile.  I didn't actually ACCOMPLISH anything on this particular tile this morning.  This is basically just to size up some of the stuff I'm working with.

My plan is to "Fallout-ize" this and some other Tablescapes tiles by introducing a few more "retro" elements to the details. In this case, I plan on using the Japanese "plastic clay" to make temporary texture molds off of the hood and grill of this 1:43 scale toy truck, so I can have a circa 1950s-ish truck grill amid the debris, and a hood alongside a broken road. Above is the "natural" Apoxie Sculpt (gray), which I'll be using for the faked truck parts, but I scraped the bottom of some cans of black-dyed Apoxie Sculpt for some of the next steps.  (As I said, I'm making this up as I go.)

2017-07-07 Snapshot #2: Street Crack Textures.

First, I used some plastic clay to squash down on one of my "Urban Streets (Clean)" tiles to get impressions of some clusters of cracks represented on the surface, to make some temporary texture stamps.  The board up top is what I'm working on to make the tiles usable: spray-paint to give the street a bit of color, some pumpkin orange as "rust" for grates and grills, and several passes of dribbling brushes soaked with whatever crud was at the bottom of my paintbrush cup into the gutters and cracks in the hopes of it drying up and looking like detritus left after run-off.  Later on, I may try cramming little pieces of sprue painted up as tin cans, and wads of paper to suggest trash clogging the drains.  These particular street boards I want to look "cruddy" more than "post-apocalyptic," because I may get more use out of them for modern-day games.  I haven't yet decided on what to do for street markings.  Maybe an arbitrary cross-walk somewhere, and some dotted lines, and whatever signs of weathering I can do to make it interesting, but no fallen road signs or wrecked car parts or skulls in the gutters, or anything that TOO strongly brands this as "post-apoc."

• By lazylich
      This feels like a dumb newbie question but: is there any issues or gotchas with mixing materials when modifying or converting minis and making bases? (Other than a light plastic mini falling over thanks to its big metal weapon I guess.) Obviously I'd need a primer that works on all of them, and it seems like CA glue ought to keep them all together, anything else?
    • By Flaming Tiki
      While cleaning and prepping this wiz, I knocked off the top of his staff (which was kinda ugly anyway). Glued it back (CA and baking soda), no surprise, came off again. So something new is in order. I came up with this. At first I felt the skull was going to be too large, I'm okay with that. Now my concern is that it looks more, "headhunter-ish". I went to bed thinking a solid gold or chrome might "fix the cannibalistic" feel of it. Or I just go with the ever-popular (and a bit tired) crystal ball or gems. Opinions? The skull seems to "evil up' the character. I'm not partial as to his disposition, I/he could go evil or good,

Thanks for lookin'  - Joe

• Who's Online   31 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)