Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guildenstern

GW Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

6 posts in this topic

Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.

I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.

DeffwarbikeDone1.jpg.02f262219de2b681ddec5610723dbad7.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone2.jpg.2158f77e93d0284af273c02fb9648c24.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone3.thumb.jpg.5e7cc7b856c6d543a727792eb1a42388.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone4.thumb.jpg.9d2462793ef6acc92a91c77659f8f1ac.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone5.jpg.cd6780294a314e08f7cd595bf6206d53.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone6.jpg.c485bb68f6ca15b40e52bbc19b23405a.jpg

20 people like this

I think it looks spectacular!

Awesome conversion, great job!

1 person likes this

BABABAD, BAD TO THE BONE! That is wat is now playing through my excuse for a brain. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & IMAGINATIVELY based. VERY WELL DONE!

3 people like this

That's cool!!

You have a terrific way of making your vehicles grungy without being drab. Love it. 

Nice paintjob, weathering and water.

Nice sense of action in the pose as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      I've got a bunch of these GW Chaos Space Marines taking up space, so I figured I'll paint one or 2 of them every once in a while. Kharne the Betrayer is a pretty interesting guy, so I'm going to work on him first.

Early steps so far; I'm just working on his armor right now. Ignore the color on his arm; that's going to be going away soon.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!

• By GlenP
      Oh, stop, I mean the piece, not the girl...

This is Nemrod's flat resin pinup bust 'Sattheen' who is described as a girl wearing a tophat and corset. Because the piece is resin, it's considerably thicker than the traditional metal piece, presumably to prevent warping. The facing detail is quite small in terms of depth and very close to traditional flats. The master was sculpted by French artist Ivan Durand who also sculpted my 'Redhead Flat' buried back in the Reaper archives.

Since I sometimes have issues with leaving well enough alone, I decided to convert this piece into something more along the lines of a Steampunk bust. I've shortened the tophat, added the mandatory goggles (plastic tubing/putty), removed the necklace and added a choker (scribing/sheet plastic/putty), altered and added details to the corset (scribing/sheet plastic), and hollowed out her upper left arm to create a mechanical arm. The gizmology is composed of watch gears, plastic rod and sheet, and bolt head sliced from octagonal plastic rod. The plan is to use thin sheet plastic to build the outer skin of the arm, but leave the mechanical bits visible. This is what I've got so far...

Glen

• By Guildenstern
      Trying to finish this guy up for Dakkadakka monthly - and cuz I'm leaving soon. So easily distracted.. I'm bouncing from my Gorkanaut to this guy to the Kraken diorama display I'm trying to do.

Anyway this is a resin model Kromlech puts out. I'm fairly happy with how his face has come out, except the eye. I wish I could do eyes better.

So all of my highlights have really blended in, and I'm doing some pinwashing and edgehiglighting atm, to try to bring the contrasting elements up a bit more. Hopefully I'll have time to do his rust/weathering effects before I leave on Thursday.
    • By lowlylowlycook
      An actually local FLGS has opened in my home town.  Being a pretty small town, the main things going on seem to be Magic and 40K.  Not having a 40K army I had a look around and decided I liked the Horus Heresy marines.

Problem is, Marines are a bit of a blank canvas and I don't have an artists eye for color so I tossed some different paints on a couple figs.  The one I liked the best was based on Marine Teal. 

I think the basic color scheme is sound but I have some questions about some of the accessories.  

I'm not sure what to do with the bolter.  I think more teal and brass would be too much but other things I've tried didn't quite work.  The blue on it now isn't bad but I think it could be better.

I did the lava base mostly because I wanted an excuse to use the Basius pads I got from their Kickstarter.  From what I remember from the Jen & Ann's DVD section on color theory the warm colors might bring too much focus from the mini itself?  Any thoughts on that?
    • By Argentee
      This is the second of the Dragonmen conversions I did for a friend who wanted winged dragonmen for a game. He wanted a Black Dragon and a Red one, so I made the red the larger of the two. The wings were donated from the 77261 Bat Demon. The black dragonman is over here.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)