Sign in to follow this  
Guildenstern

GW Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.

I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.

DeffwarbikeDone1.jpg.02f262219de2b681ddec5610723dbad7.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone2.jpg.2158f77e93d0284af273c02fb9648c24.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone3.thumb.jpg.5e7cc7b856c6d543a727792eb1a42388.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone4.thumb.jpg.9d2462793ef6acc92a91c77659f8f1ac.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone5.jpg.cd6780294a314e08f7cd595bf6206d53.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone6.jpg.c485bb68f6ca15b40e52bbc19b23405a.jpg

• Like 20

I think it looks spectacular!

Awesome conversion, great job!

• Like 1

BABABAD, BAD TO THE BONE! That is wat is now playing through my excuse for a brain. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & IMAGINATIVELY based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Nice paintjob, weathering and water.

Nice sense of action in the pose as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guildenstern
      So I finally got my Gorkanaut on his base, though not the base I wanted. I tried several times to build a grot sandcastle but it just wasn't happening so rather than keep failing I decided to let it go for now and just finish him off as is.

Pix:

• By JGroeling
      This is a scale question. Specifically on the big guys in the back. When I had started roughing out the wireform and slapping a little base putty on them, I had the idea of Trolls in armor. Now that I'm looking at them compared to some reaper conversions, I'm thinking they might end up having to be giants, demons, or something else. What do you think would fit for those figs at the scale they are? Prefer DnD themes if you think Troll wouldnt work. Also, open to weird fantasy creatures as long as they fit the scale and are tall and wirey.    These aren't for any game/encounter in particular, I just enjoy making stuff. L to R,
      - WIP necromancer and ghouls I'd started scratchbuilding before they got shelved. Looking forward to getting back into those.
      - Big guys in back are undecided
      - An old barbarian conversion WIP from a reaper bones
      - Recent child scratchbuild - My warg rider conversion WIP from a Reaper Bones (which has it's own post here)
      - and I believe this was a Warhammer Chaos figure that I had added tentacles to an painted about a decade ago.

• By JGroeling
      Last night in an insomnia fueled start on the painting, I got to laying some basecoats on this conversion. Then a few color layers on the ground and sticks as well as the wolf's fur. Still a lot of work ahead on this one. Wont be picking it up again for a few weeks though. Will update post then. 

Original post in "Conversions" board (where you can see what I sculpted onto the Reaper Bones Warg)

• By fanguad
      One of my players had to be difficult and create a bizarro character.  An Oread Cleric who uses a dire flail.  I finally got sick of using a prepaint earth elemental for him and converted this guy with bits I picked up in the Boneyard.  Zenithal priming plus some glazes took care of most of the cloth.  Metals, leathers and stone base got a base coat, wash and highlight.  All in all, 2-3 hours.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)