Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Guildenstern

GW Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

Recommended Posts

Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.

 

I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.

DeffwarbikeDone1.jpg.02f262219de2b681ddec5610723dbad7.jpg

 

DeffwarbikeDone2.jpg.2158f77e93d0284af273c02fb9648c24.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone3.thumb.jpg.5e7cc7b856c6d543a727792eb1a42388.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone4.thumb.jpg.9d2462793ef6acc92a91c77659f8f1ac.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone5.jpg.cd6780294a314e08f7cd595bf6206d53.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone6.jpg.c485bb68f6ca15b40e52bbc19b23405a.jpg

 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BABABAD, BAD TO THE BONE! That is wat is now playing through my excuse for a brain. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & IMAGINATIVELY based. VERY WELL DONE!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By JGroeling
      Recently finished this for @Kangaroorex had a lot of fun playing with the spring theme and a monster. Also first time I've tried to build a flower (wire with paper wrapping for leaves, heavier paper for flower itself, and magicsculpt for some of the other details).
       
      Mama Werecroc with baby Croc, watering a swampflower. 


    • By Inarah
      I grabbed this guy out of the bag of Bones and couldn't tell what it was without my glasses.  All I could tell was that it was a big muscley guy, and I thought it would make a good earth golem to go with the stone golem I was painting.  So I put primer on it, and was a little surprised when I put on my glasses to paint it.  Whatever.  A little flock covered all the obvious scars and stitches. I'm very happy with it.
       

    • By djizomdjinn
      It's been far, far too long since I sat down and painted a mini. Too many other life priorities. But anyways...
       
      So, I painted a Sisters of Battle terminator, and I decided I wanted her as a mini. Games Workshop does not sell SoB terminators. And so began my long conversion process, spending far too much money on bits for a model that probably can't be ever fielded.
       

       
      A ton of plasticard cementing, ProCreate sculpting, and general hackery later, I came out with this. Proportions are somewhat wonky, but I think they're beyond my capability to fix short of sculpting everything from scratch. Plus GW's proportions have always been wonky, especially for terminators.
       

       
      A coat of primer and I'm feeling better about this whole project already.
    • By Sergeant_Crunch
      I do finish a miniature on occasion. This one was the proof of concept. Now to finish three more for this squad  (one is already done), then the rest of the force.
       

    • By Crowley
      After converting Ingrid to better match the character she's going to represent (giving her a bow and rapier), last night I got to painting.

      I started with thinned down brown liner, then went straight to the eyes with Linen White. Surf Aqua was used for her irises, and brown liner for the pupil. I painted her flesh with a 2:1 Warrior Flesh: Linen White mix. Her hair is Blond Shadow with highlights of Tanned Leather. Her lower lip is a 1:1 blend of her flesh tone with Old West Rose.

      The armor, gloves, boots were painted with a thinned Rich Leather. The bow and scabbard are painted with a mix of Brown Liner and Rich Leather. Her cloak was painted with Mountain Stone, and then washed with a 1:2:2 mix of Grey Liner: Mountain Stone: Flow Improver.


      Because I want to bring her to game on Wednesday, and don’t think I’ll get any more time to work on her between now and then, I picked out the end of the scabbard and the tips of the bow with Dragon Bronze, and gave the base a quick wet brush of Redstone Shadow.

       
      Not bad for a night's work...
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×