Sign in to follow this  
Guildenstern

GW Deffkopta Warbike Conversion

Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.

I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.

DeffwarbikeDone1.jpg.02f262219de2b681ddec5610723dbad7.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone2.jpg.2158f77e93d0284af273c02fb9648c24.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone3.thumb.jpg.5e7cc7b856c6d543a727792eb1a42388.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone4.thumb.jpg.9d2462793ef6acc92a91c77659f8f1ac.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone5.jpg.cd6780294a314e08f7cd595bf6206d53.jpg

DeffwarbikeDone6.jpg.c485bb68f6ca15b40e52bbc19b23405a.jpg

• Like 20

BABABAD, BAD TO THE BONE! That is wat is now playing through my excuse for a brain. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY converted, painted, & IMAGINATIVELY based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      The thing I like about WIP forums is the additional motivation it gives me to get projects done.  I've been working on this one for a while and have been horrifically stalled.  I was playing a fighter in a D&D campaign.  She started as a crossbow wielder.

But because the party had no tank, she had to armour-up to survive.  And she got a horse.

Then I sensibly figured that she should ride the horse... so a conversion began.  But then of course the character got killed and motivation dropped to, well, zero.  Here is the story of that conversion, as yet incomplete, but which I intend to finish.  No longer will she sit on my shelf of shame. 

I bought another Finari to desecrate convert.  I also got this figure to provide the horse/lower torso.   14177: Onyx Chevalier,Overlords Solo

Torso severed preserving her belt.  Sword was removed preserving the hilt and shield removed.  It took me quite a while to decide where to cut and what to preserve.

All the parts fitted and laid out for assembly.  After fitting them together I realized the sword on the saddle just wouldn't work so I removed it and made a new one out of greenstuff using the preserved hilt I removed in the first step.

Primed and base-coated.  And moved from the shelf of shame to the front of the 'must complete' row.

• By Lyssa
      Hi, my name is Lyssa and this is my first time having the guts to post a mini on here. 

She’s not my first mini ever, but one of my rare few humanoids. She’s a pc for my fiancee in our new Star Wars campaign started. She also requested that the white markings be obviously painted on similar to The Clone Wars show. 

Also my first completed mini of 2k18!

• By kanli
      I’m happy with the progress so far, but every time I take photos I can see missed spots or places that would benefit from more attention. 

Apologies for double post. Admins, Plz erase one of your choice. 
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      It took longer than I expected to get these guys done, but I'm happy with how they came out. They're part of the Warhammer Battle for Skull Pass set that I bought in 2007.

The base is a bit uneven as when I glued down the back of a blister pack for the stonework it split open and I covered it in with gravel. In the future I'm going to have to use something else as it really didn't register as "stone" to my eye, but the cannon covers most of it at least.

The powder barrel is a small Reaper bones barrel I've had for awhile, the cannon balls are 25mm airsoft ammo and the coffee pot is from an old Marx toy factory dollhouse set. Vastly overscale until one thinks about the thirst of the average dwarf! I had the idea of adding some thing for each dwarf, ammo for the hauler, gun powder for the engineer, and coffee for the swabber with the mug. 

The aforementioned gap filling. Base of craft paint Pavement with Stormy Gray and Rainy Gray drybrushed over it.

The crew in Maxwell House colors. The swabber looks to be well on his way to caffinated bliss!

• By Guildenstern
      Most of these were painted in 2017, I believe, though I don't have track of it exactly. I organize my WIP pics in folders by date, but I gave up keeping 'count' so to speak as it interferes with actually painting and modeling! (If you want to see a particular unit you can probably just search this forum, I believe I've done individual Show Off threads for all these guys).

Anyway so here's my current pride and joy :D all my boyz in their glory etc. Hope you enjoy!

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)