6 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This guy has been a work in process for a few weeks and I finally got the time to finish him up! Quite pleased with how my third paint job turned out! Got some tips from a vet painter last night and also an idea that I might do later to have a bit of a glow effect coming from the visor. Will update if I do it
Funny how at an early stage of painting things get really messy, then eventually come together.
This is where I'm at now, having come from this:
which is a photo of the metal version, though the one I'm painting is plastic. The details survived surprisingly well for a first-generation Bones casting.
I wanted to get this started before I was too far along and just shot with my built-in webcam that does not like to shoot macro. Better photos when I don't feel so rushed.
I feel I might be oversharing a fair bit here.
West Wind is currently running a KS for some Weird WWII mechs, which means I'm currently obsessing a bit about WWII mechs...but I don't currently own any.
But I do have one of their tanks from their Berlin or Bust WWII line, the PzKpfw IV H with side plates. (For those not in the know on WWII German tanks, a group I include myself in, but did some googling, that's really it's name, short for Panzerkampfwagen). Not really sure why I picked up this one, other than I wanted a tank of some sort.......a year or 2 ago....
Let's see what's in the package.
Ok, a lot of pieces. I recognize a gun....and tracks, and a turret. And what are apparently side plates....and a commander...well, half a commander....
After looking at a few pictures it seems all the straight bits and angled bits are bracing for the side plates.
Some of those other bits, might take some searching to identify.
So, having never done a tank, or anything approaching an accurate historic military anything, I'm hoping for some suggestions on how to proceed, what some of the bits are, colour schemes, etc.
And while I do have an air brush, it is currently not set up (as my new painting room isn't set up for it yet) and I'm not really comfortable using it yet anyway......
So, painting it could be interesting.
By Matrix Dragon
Since I posted some of my work where I converted certain reaper miniatures into kitsune a while ago, I figured I would post one of the newer kitsune that I've painted recently. I got this miniature from "Everyman Gaming", they have been getting a site called imagine3dminiatures.com to 3d print miniatures for them.
This miniature was a bit difficult to paint because I had to clean off a lot of plastic nubs that were leftover from the 3d printing process. I kept finding more even after I primed the miniature. I also had to cut the mini off of its 30mm base and glue it to one of reaper's 1 inch scale bases. However, in the end the mini came out very well! Well, some parts came out a bit messy, like the gold on the shield, and the black wash. Luckily, in real life people won't be able to see the messy black wash that I put on the mini, lol.
Painting this mini was a lot of fun, so I'm planning to paint Everyman's nine tailed kitsune miniature soon :D
Who's Online 41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Diego S.
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Arc 724
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Lidless Eye
- Rod G