Chaoswolf

North Star military figures releasing plastic Dwarves.

On 4/22/2017 at 2:22 PM, Mad Jack said:

Hmm... neat.  I'll be interested in seeing what their elves and goblins look like.

I REALLY hope the elves are taller than men and lean and toned muscle wise.  Giving a sense of lithe, powerful, dangerous quickness would be awesome imo.

Also, that pic of the goblin is pretty enticing with the exception of having hair.  That should be easily removable however so shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Edited by chaoshead
  • Like 2

The more I think about this, the more I REALLY hope the mass combat rules will be good. The figures are good, hoping for good rules, AND hoping for some market penetration locally (the FLGS carried Frostgrave, but there was little interest apparently...)

Damon.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:11 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

For those unaware. 3 Ups are created for the manufacturing process in the casting of hard plastic minis that will be part of a sprue.

Mantic Games actually produced additional 3 Ups of several of their early minis to sell as collector items.

At one point there were rumors that GW was going to be manufacturing plastic skeleton ogres - because somebody asked what the 3ups for the (human ) plastic skeletons were, and was just told 'for plastics'....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaoshead said:

Also, that pic of the goblin is pretty enticing with the exception of having hair.  That should be easily removable however so shouldn't be a deal breaker.

What picture of the goblin? Am I missing something? o.O

41 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Also,Pirates!

I'm really liking what Northstar is doing.  I just wish I had more reason to buy it.

If they did undead pirates they might have me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Mix the pirate kit with their frostgrave cultist kit....pretty sure there are some "undead" pieces on those sprues.

I could be wrong as it has been a long time since I looked at them.

• Like 3

I really wish they'd add some females to their plastic ranges... on the other hand, those are fantastic pirates! 

• Like 2

I can always use more midgets, especially modular ones.  Will definitely be taking a good hard look at these. 

• Like 1

I really, really like these Dwarfs.  They're quite classic story book to me...the kind of Dwarf I envisioned when I read "The Hobbit" as a child.  The hoods help. 

Also, I didn't see it linked here, but I also really like the Orc preview they had (or Goblin).  His expression reads "Who farted?"

5900741a90d9f_fgorc.jpg.d545e2e57f33f289ee22d40fb404feb0.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Well, they ARE plastic, and multi-part....

10 hours ago, chaoshead said:

Mix the pirate kit with their frostgrave cultist kit....pretty sure there are some "undead" pieces on those sprues.

I could be wrong as it has been a long time since I looked at them.

I'm pretty sure that you are correct.

9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I really wish they'd add some females to their plastic ranges... on the other hand, those are fantastic pirates! 

I do too; at least with the Frostgrave soldiers, they're wearing enough clothing that you can just put a female head on one of them and the job's a good 'un.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, they ARE plastic, and multi-part....

I'm pretty sure that you are correct.

I do too; at least with the Frostgrave soldiers, they're wearing enough clothing that you can just put a female head on one of them and the job's a good 'un.

Yeah, doesn't Bad Squiddo make heads just for this purpose?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Yeah, doesn't Bad Squiddo make heads just for this purpose?

Yes, but that works less well with pirates.