Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smokestack

Live
Plastic multi-part fauns (male and female)

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Minotaur Brute looks good. Maybe open that up as an addon? I know its on preorder on your website.

I'm liking what I see so I upped to the $50/3 box level.

Thank you. I'm correcting and revising what the artist is sending, and then ill do a rank of 5 for the page.  Throwing some Minotaurs to backers wouldn't kill me, perhaps 1 for each pledge. 

Edited by rgdgaming
1 person likes this

I like the concept picture with the spear, but agree that it does look more amazon than Thracian faun huntress.  

Some minor sketches, correcting the wicker shield to be just as it was. However, the idea of a neutral torso is being introduced, and should open up a lot of melee weapon possibilities. 

The rank of 5 should include some special add ons. Narrowing down the choices, as thracians were not typically held to traditional standards you might find in Greece. If they carried items into battle, they would be light. 

Spearmen.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

now if you turn that spear around, shorten it a bit and the arm comes separate from the body, you'd have a javelin thrower. Legs extra, too, so that it could be a more dynamic pose (or were you focusing on the upper torso here to give as the basic idea?).

I guess we need to know how many parts you are planning for one miniature: head extra, torso extra, one leg part or two leg parts? ... two arms extra with open hands so you can put different weapons into those hands?

How can it be ensured that the arms fit the body in different positions? ...

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

now if you turn that spear around, shorten it a bit and the arm comes separate from the body, you'd have a javelin thrower. Legs extra, too, so that it could be a more dynamic pose (or were you focusing on the upper torso here to give as the basic idea?).

I guess we need to know how many parts you are planning for one miniature: head extra, torso extra, one leg part or two leg parts? ... two arms extra with open hands so you can put different weapons into those hands?

How can it be ensured that the arms fit the body in different positions? ...

It would have to come down to creativity. If we want a neutral body like the spear above to have a bow, we would have it carry a bow. The original javelin pose repurposed to portray a spear backing the first line. Another example following legs shows how we can use the neutral spear body, with a pair of new legs.

Running Javelin.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
1 person likes this

With the minotaur added for free to everyone at $25 or over the value has really increased.

Assuming a discounted value of $10 for the minotaur, the $50 level gives you 3 boxes at basically $13.33 each. That is a super value. $1.33 per beastman.

2 people like this

So... I think I am out. The project looks really nice, but from some comments I have read it seems like delivery/production is being underestimated. The Creator responded but with more of a "the factory is nice and like us" kind of response. Also the material is going to be the stuff Legos are made of... Not sure about that either. I have tried to cut Legos (don't ask) and it would be a nightmare to convert whole units out of.

I hope they do get funded. The project looks great, and it is a great value... but it is starting to sound more risk than I am willing to do. So I wont be keeping up with this thread for updates.

1 person likes this

I don't do war games really so I don't know if I would need 10 fawns for RPGs, lol

1 person likes this

I like the art on these, however on the digital sculpts the torso-to-legs ratio looks off to me.  It looks fine in the concept art.

Posted (edited)

It might be the angle from what the renders are viewed at. I should be able to get some future renders where we straighten it out for the viewers. Fixing a concept for a throwing knife and a throwing axe to help the javelin line a tad. Consulting with the factory if HIP plastic is an option. The original inspiration with ABS plastic was due in part to Kingdom of Death. We saw how they used resin, and experimented with ABS (if I read correctly, they blend ABS and HIP) to make their products affordable. 

Possible Add ons.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming

1 hour ago, rgdgaming said:

The original inspiration with ABS plastic was due in part to Kingdom of Death. We saw how they used resin, and experimented with ABS (if I read correctly, they blend ABS and HIP) to make their products affordable

Kingdom Death models are... affordable?  :blink: 

I think I just failed a saving throw for sanity. My reality is coming undone. :;,;:

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Kingdom Death models are... affordable?  :blink: 

I think I just failed a saving throw for sanity. My reality is coming undone. :;,;:

Moreso, but they are expensive.

That Minotaur looks awesome!!  Is it for sure offered if I pledge?

I only paint so I would not need more than 10 and would only be at the $25 pledge.

I am pretty interested in these... I have been on a beastman kick lately for some reason and I think these would fit in nicely.

1 person likes this

Hmm, forwarding the info to Megan - she is thinking about a Forces of Nature army for KoW, and Herd would make great allies for them.

The Auld Grump - greater love knows no man, than to give his lady love suggestions for things to kill his army with....

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

That Minotaur looks awesome!!  Is it for sure offered if I pledge?

I only paint so I would not need more than 10 and would only be at the $25 pledge.

I am pretty interested in these... I have been on a beastman kick lately for some reason and I think these would fit in nicely.

100% guaranteed to have a Minotaur for each pledge of 25 or more. They will be on hand in about a week, we have the Fed ex express number to keep tabs. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0