Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smokestack

Cancelled
Plastic multi-part fauns (male and female)

60 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmm, forwarding the info to Megan - she is thinking about a Forces of Nature army for KoW, and Herd would make great allies for them.

The Auld Grump - greater love knows no man, than to give his lady love suggestions for things to kill his army with....

Some folks would even consider hunters of the wild. FON is a cool army in theme. 

I might be interested... I just worry about the material.

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I might be interested... I just worry about the material.

I'm listening to that. ABS can work well, but HIP is a bit more consumer friendly. Everyone is right in that it holds a special place in the market. Luckily we can use the same .CAD blue print for HIP plastic. 

I was going to spring for an early prototype from the base renders. Let's see! 

Posted (edited)

Nearly done with the bowman, javelin, spear and weapon accessories pics. Here's a preview. 

Bowmen Line.jpg

Faun with weapon.jpg

Faun with spears.jpg

Javelin Line.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
1 person likes this

Not looking too good for this project - 11 days to go, and less than half way to the needed funds. ::(:

Megan is holding off - she wanted to see some Stretch Goals before pledging.

The Auld Grump - I'm going to slip in a pledge, Stretch Goals are supposed to be a bonus....

as far as I know, the creator has accepted that this will not fund and is already working at a relaunch - better prepared this time.

Posted (edited)

That is correct. Renders are booked for the 5th, which will allow me to get the render files for the models. The files can then be translated with the .CAD designer I am working with. Both still very on board.

I had to accept the current pace that we will likely not raise 7k as is. Though we still had enough backing to almost raise 3k. Instead of waiting around ill be getting the models to the point we can simply print them. Had a friendly backer suggest a HIP injection molder out of the UK.  http://www.skengineering.co.uk/index.php/4 . We can see if we can get on a waiting list. If this works out, it would make shipments through Europe much easier.

Once I get the undercuts cleared, and clearance for a prototype, i'll get a sprue made and painted up. That should give the confidence people need. Im testing frontline gaming's painting service with the Minotaur and Ghoul King for now. In practice we could print the base files we already have, but we will go with the sprue. 

We didn't do stretch goals because we wanted to focus on the project, but we know we needed to add on to the pot. Hence, our Minotaur. And for higher pledges, the resin battle upgrade packs. The other thing about stretch pledges at the moment is they would likely be done in resin. Kickstarters have been choking the resin houses as of late with influxes of model demands. 

One thing I would love to add is eagles, since we already have concept art for them. But we will see. 

Here is the site for updates, I expect it to take a few months.

http://rgdgaming.com/p/faun-kickstarter-update

PS: possibility we might be able to throw in the choice of a Minotaur, a Ghoul King, or a Vampire on Pegasus. 

eagle.jpg

thumbnail_vpl_12.jpg

Ghoul King product.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
2 people like this

First Stretch Goal Concept

Faun Concept Shaman.jpg

5 people like this

For those interested, my renderer is going to be working on the project in a few different phases for me and him to pick and choose what we want to keep and what to toss, adjusting for the design as we go along. 

I've already asked him to include a quote for the shaman piece, and I am looking into the details involving the head so we can avoid the big issue of snapping. This will be the male counterpart. 

Second concept is for stampeding rhinos. Part of the story line of the herd involves compelled animals to fight for the earth gods, which gives us an opportunity to create a fairly easy to produce beast for cavalry trays. Debate on whether to include other animals. The more animals to render, the more the cost, which means the stretch goal would have to be bigger if we go beyond the rhino. 

Rhino Stampede.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sculpting to be completed in three phases: neutral bodies and poses, weapons, then heads. Shaman afterward. 

First estimated concepts to review begin next week.  

Notable revisions  

• Skirt for female Fauns to be added to a pair of legs  
  • Shoulder pad to be attachable to male and female sculpts  
  • Faun wicker shield (talked about the option to make shields separate for you bits hunters out there)  
  • Neutral pose with the bow will appear as if the arrows are getting ready to be notched, as opposed to bow drawn up. Action pose to be assimilated in the 3-1 torso.
  • Adjusting straps on the male faun to compensate for arm alignments 
  • Female faun arms will appear as female, male as male
  • Adding a two handed axe and falx, single hand versions of concept weapons to be included (in air and at rest). 
Edited by rgdgaming
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is a concept in work, but I wanted to pick some peoples brains regarding the shape and form. The head is a testing point for the female heads we will need designed in the future. The current phase is getting the newly designed torsos together for the inevitable weapon poses. 

Notable points,

In back we have a new leather strap system to incorporate the quiver and javelin pack, with potential to make it a rack for the wicker shield.

f_n_full_wip_01 (1).jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
2 people like this

6 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Looks like this project has come a long way. Looking very good.

Thank you, ill keep everyone posted on further updates. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iron
      Hi friends:
      After hard months of working, we´ve improved the game Iron League Blacks Stadium and the art has changed. Mechs and miniatures are amazing now. The board game has a new full cooperative campaign with map, scenary and enemies generation.
      The competitive mode continues and has been improved.
      So, we also want to change the title of the game, and this is:
      IRON WARS
      In July on Kickstarter. Soon more news.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Meet Thrawn, the battle hardened, slayer of evil, that has seen more war than any other barbarian in his clan.  Or any other known clan, for that matter.  If you were to find yourself surrounded by demons, Thrawn is the one you'd want by your side. 
      This is the first  bust I've had printed, and here it is*:

*I will be going over this, and the other prints, with clay, smoothing out parts, adding details, and basically doing some quality control, before getting them mold/cast. 

Resh, the Chaos King. He's been marching his armies, of unspeakable horrors, across the land, taking everything they touch. If he's not stopped soon, he will be too powerful to face at all.

This is Raynard.  Much younger than Thrawn, but the only human brave enough to face Resh, and his evil horde of creatures.  He's seen enough war to make most men give up on humanity, but Raynard doesn't give up Ever.
      The stretch goals!  At $4000 you will get access to a female Necromancer, one of Resh's Most trusted advisors, and at $5000, an unamable horror, one of Resh's monstrous army.  While these haven't been completed yet, you can expect the same level of design quality, and detail, you've seen in the original 3.
      These will be printed by Entrescan, then molded and cast in resin, by Trollforged.  I'm doing my best, to design some really cool, and varied, busts, that should be a lot of fun to paint, and look great when you're done with them. 
      My goal here, is to raise the funds needed, to print, mold, cast, package, and ship these busts to your door. In order to keep shipping costs down, I'm going with Fedex International, as they seem to be the cheapest, without forcing me to get a mailing permit ($450) before even mailing anything out. 
      Doing this will keep costs down, but I'm not going to know how much shipping will be, until I get all the orders in.  If 50 busts need shipped, they will charge one price, if 75 need shipped, they will charge a completely different price.  This means I have no way of knowing exactly what to charge for shipping.  But I will keep you updated on this, as numbers develop.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  
      Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 
      No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.
      We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.
      Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love. Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.  

A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666958388/defense-of-the-citadel?ref=category_newest
      About this project
      The Defense of the Citadel is a cooperative hero defense board game for 1 to 4 players. It is set in a high fantasy world where you as the hero need to defend the holy citadel against waves of enemy invasion.

There are 2 ways to play and enjoy 'Defense of the Citadel', referred to as 'Missions' and 'Campaign' in the game. 
      'Missions' have predefined settings and last no more than an hour to play, which is perfect when you just want a quick short game. 'Missions' are also sequential, connected to each other through a story line. 

'Campaign' on the other hand is the opposite with no particular predefined settings. The map tiles are randomized, events are randomized and your performance and decisions through the phases as well as crafted items and wounds will carry onto the next until you reach the final objective. 'Campaign' is meant for a long game, and you may need to record the status of the game to carry on the game on another day.
      After selecting the game mode, players first need to select their characters. Each character represents a race in the world of 'Defense of the Citadel'. Each one comes with a unique racial trait, abilities, strength and weaknesses.

There are 3 primary attributes, strength, agility and magic. All actions, whether for crafting or combat, require an attribute dice roll of some sorts.
      The Jyujin is agile, able to succeed an agility roll with a 2+ dice roll You can choose a class your character is proficient in. The race determines the probability of success, whereas, classes define what you are able to do.
      each class offers a unique style of gameplay The player may choose to be a duel class, selecting 2 classes instead of 1. However, selecting 2 reduces the efficiency of that player's being able to perform the classes perks and abilities.
      Before the enemy waves arrive, you can make use of the time before the confrontation to balance the odds against you. This time can be used to craft useful items, lay traps or possibly even reshape the citadel!
      traps are one of the many things you can craft Some advanced crafting requires multiple conditions, with multiple attribute rolls and necessary class requirements. However, you do not need to do it alone! You can collaborate with other players to divide the requirement between each other. 
      The remote controlled 'rune bomb', the enemy is in for quite a blast. When all the preparation turn has been used up, the invasion begins!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      War of the Cross is a four to seven player diplomatic strategy game that tells the story of the last decade of a terrible war that raged across Théah for thirty years. You must muster all your skills to command one of seven Nations to victory in a game of shifting politics, dangerous alliances and tactical skill. Can you lead armies, navies and Heroes to win the day and bring an end to the bloodiest war in Théah’s history?
      Created by award-winning designers David Williams, Luke Peterschmidt and myself (John Wick!), War of the Cross unites the original design team for Legends of the Five Rings with the production team for 7th Sea: Second Edition, featuring art direction by Marissa Kelly, layout by Thomas Deeny, and production and development by Mark Diaz Truman. Join us for the first board game set in the 7th Sea: Second Edition universe!

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)