Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Plastic multi-part fauns (male and female)

Some modifications we are working on. 

Added a slight deviation for the female body (one faun with a strap around shoulder, one with no strap)

Making the female head slightly more beast like (horns are a place holder for the heads).

Towards the back a rack system is being worked on to incorporate the shield in back (for the hobbyist if they wish)

Male neutral pose here is show casing how we will use a two handed grip for the falx/rhomphaia. 

On the female head, I am leaning towards number 2 with the facial features, but I would love to hear any feedback. Quite excited to see how this will finish :)

f_n_full_wip_01 (1).jpg

Faun chest art 2.jpg

female faun.JPG

Two handed peak.jpg

• Like 4

Those are looking really nice. Will there be enough of any one weapon type to do all in the same style? Like all spear or all bow or all sword?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Those are looking really nice. Will there be enough of any one weapon type to do all in the same style? Like all spear or all bow or all sword?

Original plan was javelin throwers and archers, but it was evident people wanted warriors, bowmen and javelin throwers. What you're seeing is the body pose phase my sculptor has been working on for the past month or so. He was kind enough to start posing weapon samples next to them for me. From this we can see what the poses would look like with weapons. We are working on two main poses, a neutral standing position and a 3-1 pose.

Directly to your question, plan is a kit which has enough to kit 10 men with spears (5 spears standing, 5 being from the javelin throwers with spears held upward above the heads of the first rank). This way I can save space on the sprue. In addition, there will be a two handed axe and rhompaia for a special character. To round it out, we will have swords for the females and males, with a sprinkling of single handed maces/clubs/axes for whatever your needs are. There will be ten bows, 5 standing while picking arrows out of quivers, and a second rank of 5 with notched bows (picture includes it above). Javelin throwers will mimic this style a tad, with first rank at throw, with a second rank at the ready with javelin in hand. 

Shields are going to be attachable, which means you have the option now of using them, or not. In back we are finding a way to see how the shield will line up on the rack.   

Weapon phase will give you a better look on the poses. 

Ill keep posting to show you guys what I mean. In the mean time I am going to try to see how I can fix the shofar pose. 

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 2

In the middle of adjusting the 4-1 female pose, some pictures fixed include the javelin. Sword and bow on left need some tweaking.

javelin 2.jpg

javelin 3.jpg

Female faun 1.jpg

female 4-1.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 3

The 3-1 we keep going on about has evolved for both the male and female to focus on a 4-1 idea. The torso allows the player to change arms and draw the bow upward, or to act as the arrows are being drawn. Some adjustments in the straps allow the models arm to align better. 

4 in 1 male.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 3

Gotta say, I'd be far more interested in these if any of them had facial expressions. Seems like beastmen that are known to be passionate and fierce should have some expression. 

These are place holder heads. I get to mess around with those once the head phase rolls in. You'll notice most of the heads are one or the other if male or female. 

This is a starting point we can get worked on. 

faces.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Smokestack said:

These look good. Any chance of Doing a "just female" box and a "just Male" box?

Separating the sprues is easy enough, but to make a mold for each set would prove tricky on the resource front. There is a good chance I can offer an ala carte option, or an upgrade pack to address a full male or full female set. 

For anyone who wants to take a peak at a metal version of our original concept faun, we have a small batch for sale at https://rgdgaming.com/products/faun-tracker . A painted version of it is underway and won't be too long before I can get you some pics. 

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 2

Perhaps it would be possible to make each frame in such a way that it can easily be divided in half - rather than trying to create two completely separate molds.

The Auld Grump

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Perhaps it would be possible to make each frame in such a way that it can easily be divided in half - rather than trying to create two completely separate molds.

The Auld Grump

That was the plan. Segregating males and females to their own connected sprue is cheaper than making a mold for each. 

Here is a sneak preview of a faun model in work

faun.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 5

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MenhirItlerion
      CAMPAIGN preview link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1898422540/1901149342?ref=333848&token=f1c5104b  
      Hello people, i wanted to share with you 3D renders of a set composed by big and horrorific creatures that will be produced via kickstarter soon. They will be casted with polyurethane resin, while the "breed" will be casted in white metal.

The Full Set consist of:

1) The Renegade Channeller - The Engineer 

2)The Falling Hen

2b)Fallen Hen chicks

3)The Eager Toad

3b)Eager Toad toadlets (2 poses)

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Salute, we are StudioLevel and we believe that your wargaming & miniature painting hobbies can be taken to the next level. We make our products superbly designed. We create terrains and bits.  
      The Bantam Alley was created for all tabletop wargames fans. Novice and advanced: gamers, miniature painters, terrain makers, diorama builders, modelers, collectors and every hobbyists. 
      This is post-apocalyptic city 28-32mm scale, where you can find. 100% handmade, real textured, high-quality painted - ready to game, modular battlefield system.  Epic detailed scatter scenery build from scratch, finest casts resin bits made from 3d prints original models and uniquely designed miniature bases. Our wargaming extras are created by us in the professional workshop. Resin sets come unpainted. Only the gameboard is painted, handcrafted work! Note that all products packshots are photos.
      Build your own post-apo city for your wargame universe or skirmish system.
      So keep scrolling and find out what we prepared for you.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      The Story
      Hello again from Munchkin Metropolis!  This time around I'm targeting all of you Roleplay Gamers!  With my DIY Dungeon Kit you can now take your game nights to a whole new level.  Being able to customize your dungeons into the format you want makes being a game master so much more fun!  Below you'll see the Base Set that includes the 4 most popular sets, plus the Stretch Goal Furniture Set.  The miniatures pictured are not included in your reward (I just wanted to show how I personally utilize this setup)...Other than that, the picture is exactly what you'll receive. 
      Too Much Information
      I've recently been to the Doc and have been placed on a very strict diet and workout regimen (Working out isn't that strict, it's just 30min of light cardio daily).  But he told me not to do anything overly physical, which for a woodworker means I can't really work.  So, to save my heart and keep my business afloat, I've chosen a campaign that utilizes the laser for 80% of the work...with the remaining 20% being light physical duty.
      Due to the sheer weight of these items, I've worked to minimize the cost on materials and labor as much as possible.   The base set weighs almost 15lb and will ship in a 12x12x6 corrugated box.  Making each set is 8 hours of laser time and about 2 hours physical labor (Which is why I set the delivery date 2 months out instead of 1...but for you early backers, expect me to start shipping rewards within a week of the campaign ending.)  Mostly, I wanted to GUARANTEE delivery before Christmas.  By setting it to October, I will have plenty of time to handle anything that comes up. 
      The base set already includes the 4 most popular Expansions and will make an AWESOME Christmas Gift!  
      The floor pieces are designed so that you can expand into infinity to make those LARGE scale battle zones.  
      You'll choose either 1 or 2 inch per expansion. Each Wall Expansion is designed to be as versatile as your campaign!  
      A Base Set ready to ship (The Furniture Set is in the bag)  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwgdesign/the-do-it-yourself-dungeon-kit
    • By Asuranshadow
      Science Fiction themed 1 vs many boardgame featuring resin miniatures, 3 factions at present.  Creators are apparently partnering with Ninja Division for the miniatures and production, which may give some pause.  It's a shorter term campaign - 12 days left, with funding just reached tonight.
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Overview
      Help us launch our first line of plastic miniatures for the tabletop games we all play and love.   Run by a family of gamers, Role 4 Initiative brings decades of experience in gaming and design. 
      You've seen our dungeon tiles and polyhedral dice, now we wish to bring that same quality and value to the table with 28mm high-detail pre-painted plastic miniatures.
      Starting off with some of the most common player and monster types (Humans, Orcs, Zombies, and Skeletons), we will be producing all of our minis in sets of 6 or more per category, so you can easily and cheaply outfit your game with the figures you need.
      Our goal is to bring a very highly detailed set of miniatures, with excellent paint jobs for a reasonable price.  We all love gaming, but we're not all great artists.  So, we will always provide miniatures that are fully assembled, professionally painted, and ready to use.
      Our minis are made from a PVC material that provide both durability and flexibility.  We also have gone to great lengths to bring as much realism as possible by providing proper anatomical proportions in a 60:1 scale. 

The Process
      First, we thought about some of the most memorable encounters of our games, wishing we had some appropriate miniatures to represent the characters and monsters in the story.

Then we envisioned what these characters would look like and hired artists to create 3D models, 2D renderings, and background scenery that fit our stories.  But made sure they could easily fit your stories too.

Finally, we took these models and renderings to our factory to create the plastic injection molds from which we were able to produce the painted samples you see below.

What you get for your support:
      Set #1 - Human Adventurers
      Concept design:
      Set 1: Human Adventurers Production Samples:
      Male Viking Warrior  
      Female Blademaster  
      Male Cleric  
      Male Ranger  
      Male Wizard  
      Female Archer
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)