Chaoswolf

GW Announces WH40K 8th edition

457 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

FTFY

Huh. That's right. Why did I think they were Slaanesh - that's Emperor' Children, who are far less cool.

(Except for Noise Marines - at least the original sculpts - because punk rock/heavy metal marines with weaponized instruments are awesome)

Edited by izzylobo
3 people like this

i have exactly one of those classic Noise Marines; very cool figure. I wish i had a few more.

4 people like this

Right then. Let's see how bad my 40k addiction is with a little list. These aren't in any kind of order. Emperor save me...

Space Marines

- Iron Hands

- Flesh Tearers (Blood Angels Successor)

- Clerics (Dark Angels Successor, DIY)

- Space Wolves

- Grey Knights

- Deathwatch

Imperial Guard

- 93rd Ostheim, 7th Company "Dire Wolves" (DIY)

- 23rd Cetan "Timber Wolves" Militarum Tempestus Regiment (DIY)

- [Redacted by the Holy Ordos of the Inquisition] Militarum Tempestus Regiment (DIY)

Ecclesiarchy (I really like building priests)

Skitarii Maniple

Inquisition Warband

Imperial Knights Household

Assassins

Tau

Tyranids

I have plans for:

Chaos Space Marines of Malal Malice

Dark Eldar

5 people like this

For my Genestealer Cult army I've managed to repurpose some old Cadians I had lying around for some 13 years using the Genestealer Cult conversion kit, so I now have a couple of neophyte hybrid squads, a Leman Russ, a magus that I nabbed in an online auction, and the Genestealers from Space Hulk.

Nota bad start, and I'm going to try converting some old plastic Necromunda figures into hybrids as well if I can strip the ridiculously thick paint from them.

Quietly wishing I'd jumped on Deathwatch Overkill when I had the chance, though...

3 people like this

Warhammer TV posted a video to Facebook.  Apparently the new super-marines are going to be called "Primaris Marines."  Several beauty shots of the figures.  Really curious how these are going to be statted out.

4 people like this

so, just tall marines?

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so, just tall marines?

Probably more elite. Thinking something between a regular Marine & a Custodes stat-wise.

Stats on the new marines:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/

Damon.

Edited by Lars Porsenna
3 people like this

8 minutes ago, Lars Porsenna said:

Probably more elite. Thinking something between a regular Marine & a Custodes stat-wise.

Stats on the new marines:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/

Damon.

so tall marines with an extra attack, and extra wound, 6 inches of extra range, and no special weapons

I have a feeling there be other squad types for these later on.  Couple of interesting things though: With the 30' range they'll rapid fire out to 15" instead of 12" and with a -1 AP; and I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere else, notice that the grenades have a stat line, so we're throwing grenades for separate effects instead of as a modifier to the assault.

Yes, grenades were added in as a "throwable" weapon in the last edition IIRC, so this continues the trend. Waiting to see if it is a deal where everyone can throw, or just one model..

Damon.

57 minutes ago, Lars Porsenna said:

Yes, grenades were added in as a "throwable" weapon in the last edition IIRC, so this continues the trend. Waiting to see if it is a deal where everyone can throw, or just one model..

Damon.

Yeah, 5d6 frag grenade attack rolls against a mob of boyz or a gaunt horde might be a bit much.  

1 hour ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Yeah, 5d6 frag grenade attack rolls against a mob of boyz or a gaunt horde might be a bit much.  

But OH so satisfying!

Damon.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

almost like grenades are exactly the right tool to deal with a lightly armored mob...

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

almost like grenades are exactly the right tool to deal with a lightly armored mob...

Well then you start getting into a discussion of game balance versus reality.  I'm all for grenades shredding lightly armored forces, but also realize that it needs to be balanced for the setting, otherwise you'd just have guys running around doing nothing but lobbing grenades which probably wouldn't be a fun game.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Well then you start getting into a discussion of game balance versus reality.  I'm all for grenades shredding lightly armored forces, but also realize that it needs to be balanced for the setting, otherwise you'd just have guys running around doing nothing but lobbing grenades which probably wouldn't be a fun game.

I'm kind of hoping they go with the obvious fix for it, a limited # of grenades per soldier, and a super short range.

2 people like this