Chaoswolf

GW Announces WH40K 8th edition

If you get a good deal on any of the Primarch models from Forgeworld (like on Ebay) those could make for some great statuary...

You could pick up the Dark elf Cauldron of Blood & rob it of the statue of Khaine for some cool Eldar terrain too...not necessarily an Avatar statue but an idol or something. I did the reverse & used an Avatar model to make a Shrine of Khaine for WHFB 8th a while ago...

Also pick up a model of one of the Phoenix Lords; with a little modding and an appropriate hole you could represent a fallen Phoenix Lord suit ready to be inhabited by a new Eldar soul...if they can secure it! Kharandas would be a great model for this IMHO!

I have a spare alternate head from a Revenant titan still laying around... A little modding and it becomes a rescue objective for the Eldar to get the pilot out (or for the enemy to capture!)

Pile of skulls (which Reaper does IIRC) & the Chainaxe from a Khorne Berzerker for a Chaos objective...again a relic that must be recovered.

Pick up a suitable Imperial Officer figure & a couple guardsmen & make a vignette. An imperial officer that must be rescued (or captured)...

Damon.

Edited by Lars Porsenna
  • Like 4

I think they still sell a pack of three Space Marine casualties, which could make for great Imperial objectives.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2017 at 1:25 PM, lowlylowlycook said:

Anyone have any cool ideas for 40K objective markers?

imperial:

chained crate with a little inquisition seal on it.

rack of spare boltguns and things

flag

doomsday device

any tech junk

a particularly frilly noble (either chained up or just busy being flopped over/useless)

power sword in the stone

vehicle wreck

nids:

food

more food

farm animal

dinosaur skeleton

bones

chaos:

that big gazebo of skulls that the craft store sells

maaaaagic fire

koi pond full of blood with skulls lining the edge of the pool

garbage

spikes

enemies broken on the wheel

orks:

anything shiny, dangerous, or covered in ork glyphs

• Like 4

I made objective markers by gluing bits to 40mm bases. I have one that's a stack of ammo crates, and one that's a tyranid scything talon ripping though a piece of plasticard that's textured with steel "diamond plate" pattern, so it looks like the bug is cutting through the floor.

Eventually you have enough spare bits to get really creative.

• Like 5

Yeah the only sci-fi stuff I have is from bones kickstarters and dead zone so I don't really have a bits box.  Dead zone includes some serviceable but not exactly impressive sci fi crates.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Yeah the only sci-fi stuff I have is from bones kickstarters and dead zone so I don't really have a bits box.  Dead zone includes some serviceable but not exactly impressive sci fi crates.

plasticard and scissors can make some pretty good crates :P smashed up toys from garage sales can often also be chopped up to make cheep terrain things. paper and sticks (or left over sprue frame) can be used to make an acceptable flag 

I read the first two stories in Tales of Heresy and haven't felt any urge to claw my eyes out so I'd say that it's better than the average Star War extended universe novel so far.

Finally getting around to trying 8th edition this afternoon. 

Slightly annoyed to find out that none of my old imperial guard sergeants have weapon load outs allowed by the current rules. 

surprisingly, the vetran squad, and the anti-air tank were slaughtered, but the conscripts were not even touched

• Like 2