Couvs

77148 Mangu Timur

9 posts in this topic

Looks great!  Especially for your 3rd mini.  You captured a lot of small details and did a very clean job separating things like the bare metal on the shield and armor from the blue sections.

2 people like this

Very good job!

Looks great! I hope my next mini turns out that nice!

Third mini?!

c'mon Couvs, you missed a zero or two in that number right!

2 hours ago, MKCS said:

Third mini?!

c'mon Couvs, you missed a zero or two in that number right!

I promise I didn't miss any digits there.  This was the Core Skills Learn to Paint kit, and this was the third mini in the box.  You can see the results with the first two minis in the imgur album here, which also has these two pictures of Mangu Timur.

I REALLY took my time with this one, about 4 or 5 painting sessions of a few hours. I had a number of spots on the orc where I got some paint in the wrong places but i"m leaving him as is to compare later on as I get more practice. I wanted to try and do a careful job on this guy and minimize the errors as much as possible

4 people like this

Only teasing of course!

my third mini was a train wreck.

You can defiantly tell how patience and experience will only better the end results.  You should be proud of what you've done, as I'm sure you are.

keep up the good work and above all have fun!

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, MKCS said:

Only teasing of course!

my third mini was a train wreck.

You can defiantly tell how patience and experience will only better the end results.  You should be proud of what you've done, as I'm sure you are.

keep up the good work and above all have fun!

certainly gonna try!  next up is a gnoll warrior (axe & buckler).  I've already put a base coat on his skin (unlike the other gnolls his body is actually smooth instead of a furred texture).  It's already been a challenge figuring out what colour seems to work best as I'm limited to just the 11 paints that came with the kit

Very good work on him!