Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pragma

89032: Anti Paladin

16 posts in this topic

Wonderful work on the cloak and the shield!

Love the face too!

1 person likes this

That shield is stunning!

Awesome work

1 person likes this

Thanks! I really like that shield, it's like its own character.

He look awesome. I like the reddish glaze you did on the shield,  helmet and the golden armor parts.

Thanks for the instruction on how to see the 3D image, I can actually see it very well and it's the first time it's working for me.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

He look awesome. I like the reddish glaze you did on the shield,  helmet and the golden armor parts.

Thanks! I don't remember if I actually did a reddish glaze, or if that's just the undercoat of ruddy leather showing through. But I'll go ahead and take credit and assume I did a reddish glaze. Glad you liked it!

3 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Thanks for the instruction on how to see the 3D image, I can actually see it very well and it's the first time it's working for me.

That's awesome! It's a bit addictive once it finally works. There are whole communities devoted to making and sharing these images.

1 person likes this

Nice job with the reds, hitting those eyes under the helmet, and I love the demon shield's eyes!

Fantastic base too - makes me want to break out the sculpy - and find something to base on it.  I assume you painted the base after snapping it - any plans to keep the same painting scheme for the other parts?

Hey that 3D video trick is neat.  I got it to work for me, but I can't do it for too long - I'm prone to motion sickness.  I know I'm not the one moving, but I feel it anyway.  Also I kept hearing my mother's voice in my head "you do that too much and your eyes will get stuck that way" :rolleyes:

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, InvisibleThumb said:

Nice job with the reds, hitting those eyes under the helmet, and I love the demon shield's eyes!

Thanks! The knight's face was a pain, but the artist gave us an awesome big demon shield face that more than makes up for it.

Fantastic base too - makes me want to break out the sculpy - and find something to base on it.  I assume you painted the base after snapping it - any plans to keep the same painting scheme for the other parts?

I painted them after breaking it, since otherwise I would have to go over the break again anyway. But I painted all three pieces together so the scheme is exactly the same. This is what they look like together:

bases.jpg.c3a44101c59b2923b4269108561052db.jpg

Hey that 3D video trick is neat.  I got it to work for me, but I can't do it for too long - I'm prone to motion sickness.  I know I'm not the one moving, but I feel it anyway.  Also I kept hearing my mother's voice in my head "you do that too much and your eyes will get stuck that way" :rolleyes:

Great! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well though. Also, if your mother thinks that focusing your eyes a few cm away from your face for long periods is bad for you, you probably shouldn't tell her what you do as a hobby :)

2 people like this

Wonderful colors! That shield is so cool! Really great mini and cool idea for the base!

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Pochi said:

Wonderful colors! That shield is so cool! Really great mini and cool idea for the base!

Thanks! The shield really was the most fun part. The base concept worked out really well, I plan on using it again soon next time I paint a group of figures.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Nightwing said:

Very nice work 

Merci!

best version of this mini ever.

4 hours ago, viking_hank said:

best version of this mini ever.

That's nice of you to say. I don't like to compare myself to other painters, but I can definitely see the improvement from previous works of mine.

Good work on him, and very neat idea for his base!

1 person likes this