pcktlnt

Pre-launch
Zombicide: Green Horde

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://cmon.com/news/zombicide-green-horde-is-coming

ZOMBICIDE: GREEN HORDE IS COMING!

With the end of the incredibly successful Rising Sun campaign, Zombicide has been dethroned as the biggest CMON Kickstarter of all time, but soon it will have a chance to retake its crown. We have something colorful and strong for our next campaign: Zombicide: Green Horde is coming to Kickstarter at the end of May! This sequel to the smash hit Zombicide: Black Plague, will bring players back into a world of deadly medieval fantasy, this time filled with infected orcs and goblins who will put survivors to the ultimate test. This green menace is not only stronger than their human counterparts, but they also tend to gather into massive hordes that ambush the survivors when they least expect it. Uncover the many surprises the Green Horde has in store for you!

Zombicide: Green Horde is Coming!  

Stay tuned to CMON.comTwitter, and the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for updates on this new menace that threatens anything and anyone that stands in its way. If Zombicide: Black Plague gave you nightmares, Zombicide: Green Horde will make them come true.

Learn more about Zombicide: Black Plague here.

Edited by pcktlnt
1 person likes this

Their facebook page has uploaded a few spoilers of the zombies and heroes that will be in it. www.facebook.com/coolminiornot/

Zombicide Black Plague is probably my family's favorite board game, although we don't get to play much. I'm not sure about jumping into this one though. I still have countless zombies and heroes to paint from Z:BP and lots of scenarios left to beat. I also don't know if playing an even harder version would go over too well with the kids. We still haven't touched Wulfsberg or played with the Deadeye Walkers and it's been plenty challenging. 

I'm so happy that I backed Black plague. It's a blast. This looks like a reskin. It'll take some convincing, and I don't think another 50 KS exclusives is going to tempt me. I'm up to my boxers in exclusives. It will come down to the actual core gameplay. 

4 people like this

if they have a new game mechanic hidden in there, I'll probably be in in a second. If not, it depends on the load of miniatures ;)

3 people like this

I will likely back this. Probably only for the minis... You get a lot of value in CMON kickstarters. I can always use more Orcs. And if this is a re-skin I want to see what the equivalent will be for the Big abominations. Ogres? Dragons?

3 people like this

They showed the art for a walker, runner, fatty, one abomination and a few heroes. I'm sure the big aboms in the boss box will be monstrous. Here's the art for the normal one with another giant hand mutation. I'd kinda like to see one with a huge foot. Ol' Stompy!

Spoiler

18056747_10154636553017877_5766827939917

I wish CMON would stop with the nipple rings. Although, the bone piercings through his shoulder are great. Much more savagely thematic than another nipple ring. What's next, mimics with tongue piercings? The rings in his arm are kinda neat though. 

3 people like this

Hmmm. So bigger orcs? That is a little disappointing. But orcs will definitely be useful for my pathfinder game... even with the 20 I am getting in bones 3

1 person likes this

Are you encountering undead orcs and humanoids in your adventure games? I'd rather have Deadites or different undead.

1 person likes this

They certainly could be used in Pathfinder. These orcs and goblins will all be zombie versions with wounds and the like. They're very cartoony but that kinda works with Pathfinder. I'm not ashamed to admit that Pathfinder goblins are my absolute favorite. Just LOVE how quirky they are. Similarly, the fact that the Black Plague setting doesn't take itself too serious is one of the things that makes it such a blast to play. Serious dark-world settings are great, but being a Joss Whedon fan. I welcome a small side order of silly to go with my main order of "Please let us survive this!". :lol:

Spoiler

18056877_10154632402492877_3200239318129

18034193_10154622036237877_3662843272664

Oooooo... Now I want a not-Buffy fantasy hero and a Spike necromancer::P:

4 people like this

On 2017-04-26 at 5:50 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

What's next, mimics with tongue piercings?

Hey look! This treasure chest has cool skull and tribal tattoos! There must be something wicked inside. -Famous last words.

I also hope they introduce some new game altering rules or mechanics. Hoping for new decks of weapons, equipment, and spells too. All teired to your experience range would be nice. I think only Wolfsburg has weapons you can only use in the higher xp range. I'm still jumping in anyway though. It's always worth it.

1 person likes this

New monster types/abilities will get me to pledge. The game is solid, but adding variety is always a good thing. The same goes for new terrain features that have an impact on the game. Also, variety of quests with new goal types...maybe even campaign ideas for stringing them together for some reason.

Also, new survivors are unlikely to get me. The KS exclusive model has become tiresome. In theory, they could offer something to make me change my mind on that, but it is unlikely.

3 people like this

I'm lucky that I previously talked one of my gaming buddies into backing the original and he's going to snag this too, so I can enjoy the ride with no financial stress and then paint up, like I'm presently doing, the few minis that really interest me.  Bring on the show!!

1 person likes this

I think I'm going to have to buy into this one, that is unless Bones IV is around the same time.

1 person likes this

Sigh, I had managed to keep myself away from the KS part.  I break down and this is what I see.  I've been having a blast playing through the core game recently.  Havne't even tried the add-on yet either.  Ah well.  Will probably get in on this as well.  

1 person likes this

I could see the expansion being the prequel to the main game where you start fighting orcs and then the orcs are fighting zombies before you get buried in orc zombies.

3 people like this