pcktlnt

Pre-launch
Zombicide: Green Horde

44 posts in this topic

They've been pretty good about expanding gameplay with each KS project. And sure to be a slew of new tributes that will be awesome.

CMON Expo Q&A said there will not be early birds. 

Still gonna F5 on May 30th, though! :lol:

Pics from the Dakka GH thread show the orcs look more like mutants than zombies (although Abominations are supposed to be mutants) : 

18359273_1355105934575438_83558317254504

2 people like this

The Orcs (Zombies) are laying siege to the survivors? Or the necromancer throw Orc zombies with the catapults to make them appear at random locations and spread the plague? No idea, but I don't have anything like that catapult (and having nothing like this means I have a reason to pledge ...).

1 person likes this

Maybe dragon bile isn't enough to finish off zombie orc abominations in this one. It would be wild if it takes a trebuchet. It certainly doesn't take that to kill a hero. Whatever the case, that looks like a fun way for something to die!

1 person likes this

The trebuchet is like dragon fire, in that it kills everything in the square you target.  It also may be used to make attacks on 'the horde'.  

'The horde' is a new mechanic which makes you set aside an extra zombie of whatever type you draw.  It simulates a horde of zombies growing on the horizon.  When you draw a horde card, the whole horde appears and you potentially have to deal with tons of zombies.

Other changes to the game revolve around the concept that orcs are stronger than humans.  This translates to walkers doing 2 dam/hit and fatties (and iirc abominations) doing 3 dam/hit.

Edited by Mattnuke
3 people like this

Hope there are some other good weapon upgrades.  And Armor!  Like... really good armor.

I so don't want to have to pledge for this, but the trebuchet and horde mechanic are sapping my walls of willpower.  This may be one of those times though where I'll pay more in the end and bypass the Kickstarter.  And if that is an example of the Orcs... I may be safe completely.  I like the idea of the horde and tougher things, but the weird growth on just a single part of the body never did make me excited and I don't think I would have a whole lot of fun painting that model.  Don't ask me why it's different than the Rat Abomination, but I'd paint that any day over this one (assuming I had either).

1 person likes this

Will the Trebuchet be in scale with the miniatures? If this is the case, It will be an instant buy

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

Will the Trebuchet be in scale with the miniatures? If this is the case, It will be an instant buy

And will it be functional like the Dwarven Forge ones from KS4?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Mattnuke said:

The trebuchet is like dragon fire, in that it kills everything in the square you target.  It also may be used to make attacks on 'the horde'.  

'The horde' is a new mechanic which makes you set aside an extra zombie of whatever type you draw.  It simulates a horde of zombies growing on the horizon.  When you draw a horde card, the whole horde appears and you potentially have to deal with tons of zombies.

Other changes to the game revolve around the concept that orcs are stronger than humans.  This translates to walkers doing 2 dam/hit and fatties (and iirc abominations) doing 3 dam/hit.

I am digging those additions!

I will have to get approval from a friend before pledging.  Until Gencon, all gaming purchases for both of us are by agreement only.  Notable exception...Torg Eternity (which I think launches on the 31st).  But yeah, I want this....

Edited by Dan d'Lyon