pcktlnt

Zombicide: Green Horde

They've been pretty good about expanding gameplay with each KS project. And sure to be a slew of new tributes that will be awesome.

CMON Expo Q&A said there will not be early birds. 

Still gonna F5 on May 30th, though! :lol:

Pics from the Dakka GH thread show the orcs look more like mutants than zombies (although Abominations are supposed to be mutants) : 

18359273_1355105934575438_83558317254504

• Like 4

The Orcs (Zombies) are laying siege to the survivors? Or the necromancer throw Orc zombies with the catapults to make them appear at random locations and spread the plague? No idea, but I don't have anything like that catapult (and having nothing like this means I have a reason to pledge ...).

• Like 3

Maybe dragon bile isn't enough to finish off zombie orc abominations in this one. It would be wild if it takes a trebuchet. It certainly doesn't take that to kill a hero. Whatever the case, that looks like a fun way for something to die!

• Like 2

The trebuchet is like dragon fire, in that it kills everything in the square you target.  It also may be used to make attacks on 'the horde'.  

'The horde' is a new mechanic which makes you set aside an extra zombie of whatever type you draw.  It simulates a horde of zombies growing on the horizon.  When you draw a horde card, the whole horde appears and you potentially have to deal with tons of zombies.

Other changes to the game revolve around the concept that orcs are stronger than humans.  This translates to walkers doing 2 dam/hit and fatties (and iirc abominations) doing 3 dam/hit.

Edited by Mattnuke
  • Like 5

Hope there are some other good weapon upgrades.  And Armor!  Like... really good armor.

I so don't want to have to pledge for this, but the trebuchet and horde mechanic are sapping my walls of willpower.  This may be one of those times though where I'll pay more in the end and bypass the Kickstarter.  And if that is an example of the Orcs... I may be safe completely.  I like the idea of the horde and tougher things, but the weird growth on just a single part of the body never did make me excited and I don't think I would have a whole lot of fun painting that model.  Don't ask me why it's different than the Rat Abomination, but I'd paint that any day over this one (assuming I had either).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

Will the Trebuchet be in scale with the miniatures? If this is the case, It will be an instant buy

And will it be functional like the Dwarven Forge ones from KS4?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattnuke said:

The trebuchet is like dragon fire, in that it kills everything in the square you target.  It also may be used to make attacks on 'the horde'.  

'The horde' is a new mechanic which makes you set aside an extra zombie of whatever type you draw.  It simulates a horde of zombies growing on the horizon.  When you draw a horde card, the whole horde appears and you potentially have to deal with tons of zombies.

Other changes to the game revolve around the concept that orcs are stronger than humans.  This translates to walkers doing 2 dam/hit and fatties (and iirc abominations) doing 3 dam/hit.

I am digging those additions!

I will have to get approval from a friend before pledging.  Until Gencon, all gaming purchases for both of us are by agreement only.  Notable exception...Torg Eternity (which I think launches on the 31st).  But yeah, I want this....

Edited by Dan d'Lyon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeneki
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-cold-north-vi-ulfhildrs-heroes

Project description:

About
       Hello Again Kickstarter backers new and loyal, longtime supporters and fans of Red Box games! We have returned again to kickstarter in the hopes to fund our newest selection of fantasy norse figures that we call the Njorn. 
        Our intention is to fund the production of a new set of heroes and their faithful follower rank and file troops. We also intend to fund the set up of our in house production capacity! This means buying a spin caster, a smelter, all the various periphery of safe casting, metal shelves to hold molds ( LOTS of molds ) having our molds shipped to us from the various contractors we currently partner with, and raw metal to do the casting with. Being set up for in house production will allow us to reinvest in the various aspects that will make your experience with Red Box Games more efficient and better presented, as well as allow us to manage our working capital MUCH more efficiently.
        We currently reinvest a disproportionate amount of our profits into maintaining reasonable stock levels across the entire breadth of the red box games line. This is a HUGE investment that grows every time we add new products to the line. It also means we have to rely on kickstarters much more because we simply cannot afford to just put new items in to the store without knowing that the funds are already there to pay for the production and stocking of said items.

Once set up for casting we will be able to keep the funds of the business' success where it belongs, in the future of the business. It also has the added advantage of allowing us to afford lower prices across the board and able to take chances on items which are too risky to produce through out sourcing such as larger monsters and cavalry and Rank and File sets appropriately priced for army building. 

To insure that the high level of quality you have come to expect from Red Box Games is faithfully maintained, I will be training in casting with a VERY talented and experienced mold maker and caster. I wont be handling the entire burden of casting right away so there is no need to worry that this development will slow down delivery of the Kickstarter or the regular course of business for RBG.

My molds will continue to be made by one of the industry's best studios as well so there is no need to worry that the burden will overwhelm me or that the overall quality of the Red Box Games product will suffer.

I cannot do any of this without your help so please consider backing this kickstarter! You will get some really cool stuff for a GREAT price in a reasonable amount of time and I will FINALLY be able to set up for my own production and make some real progress in this industry!

AAAaaannndddd without further Adieu...... ON TO THE MINIATURES!!!
       We intend to fund as many figures as this kickstarter will allow and at the outset of the campaign we have 19 figures ready to go with a few slight details needing to be added before they are ready for production and I still have several more underway which will be shown as they are completed and added to the campaign as the funding allows. 

• By Lidless Eye
      After quite some time, I've finally finished up the first batch of "Rising Sun" minis.  They're wonderful sculpts with lots of tiny details.  I tried to keep their colors matching to the board game colors (even though the art shows them in totally different outfits)

These are also my first minis photographed in front of the 3D printed Caverns set from Printable Scenery as a backdrop.

The Koi Clan:

The Bonsai Clan:

The Turtle Clan:

The Lotus Clan:

The Dragonfly Clan:

• By Carnacki the Ghost Finder
      Information is growing on Cmon page and BGG.  This rings all the right bells and is likely to mug me quite severely.

From the Facebook announcement:

"The ritual has started, and there’s no stopping it now. The only hope for the Investigators…and the rest of the world for that matter, is to disrupt it just enough so that when the Elder One arrives, it will be vulnerable for a split second. Just long enough to kill it!
      They’ll get their chance when Cthulhu: Death May Die comes to Kickstarter on July 10 at 3 PM EST. The new game from CMON and Guillotine Games combines the creative talents of Eric M. Lang and Rob Daviau. Stay tuned as we reveal more about the Investigators risking their lives and the unspeakable horrors they will face off against."

Or as Mr. Lang says in interviews, the game where you "shoot Cthulhu in the face." 
    • By Nethear
      Yay, more painting!

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Chibis are super deformed, yet adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Ninja All-Stars and many others. They're also featured in collectible figurines and in other geeky paraphernalia.
      This is the EIGHTH Chibi KickStarter run by Impact! Miniatures and Impact! is partnering with Chibi Capsule and Märchen to bring you some incredible, new Magical Girl chibi miniatures along with monsters for them to combat!
      The funding goal will pay for the sculpting & 3-D printing of the miniatures. And for some of them: The metal masters and resin production molds needed to create mass production of the miniatures.
      The Miniatures  
      ALL miniatures in this KickStarter are provided unpainted. Unless otherwise stated after the name of the miniature, all miniatures offered with this KickStarter will be high quality 3-D prints done on a top end 25 to 50 micron printer (you should not see print lines after priming and paint).   As stretch goals are reached we will unlock additional sculpts.  Stretch Goal may also pay for metal mastering and rubber molds for mass production spincast resin models which will allow the project to offer some of the Magical Girls at lower costs to our backers.  The miniatures will require light clean up, being primed before painted and might need some assembly (although we will do our best to keep the figures with as few pieces as possible).  
      You can use your reward dollars to get any of the miniatures in the listing below.
      Meet the girls!
      MARIYA and the FIGHTING GIRLFRIEND - (70mm tall overall - spincast resin) - $10

Magical Friends
      Monsters & Enemies

• Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)