Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Thorrek

The Army Builder App

26 posts in this topic

My friend and I finally got to sit down and play a Warlord match, albeit over Skype.  He wanted to know about how I got the Army Sheet, and I mentioned the great Army Build you guys have... but I noticed it wasn't on the games sight.  Is it still possible to use the Army Builder?

1 person likes this

Alas it has been taken down, with no time frame on if or when it will be back up. Many of us weep for its loss. ::(:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

Alas it has been taken down, with no time frame on if or when it will be back up. Many of us weep for its loss. ::(:

Drat,  it was the best army builder I ever used.   It'd also make a great Android app.

Just saying... :)

there is someone on the forums building new one.  Reaper took the Army Builder down due to some security vulnerabilities with the code from what I understand.  What with the new site roll-out and other projects, it's nowhere on the radar to be fixed.  So hopefully the fan built project will suffice.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

there is someone on the forums building new one.  Reaper took the Army Builder down due to some security vulnerabilities with the code from what I understand.  What with the new site roll-out and other projects, it's nowhere on the radar to be fixed.  So hopefully the fan built project will suffice.

If it's even in the same ballpark as the old one,  it'll suit me just fine. :-)

2 people like this

How about a preview of that new unofficial Army Creator showing a couple of army builds...

Note: there were no faction doctrines entered for Tembrithil at the time of the screenshot, 

so there was no doctrine to select.

army-creator-mobile_sample-2_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_sample-3_.2.0.1.jpg

7 people like this

Looks good,  Will it be available for download or is it an online builder?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, WolfLord said:

Looks good,  Will it be available for download or is it an online builder?

It is an online tool, and since Army Builder and Battlescribe already fill that standalone slot, I don't see where another similar tool is really needed... I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time. :poke:

The intention was to create a replacement for the official tool that was taken down.

Edited by Dark Horse
1 person likes this

I havn't seen a functioning implementation of Warlotd on Battlescribe.

1 person likes this

Thought I would toss up some screenshots of the app on an iphone 4 for folks to see how it looks on a small mobile device.

The magic tomes/spells and equipment pages need some more tweaking for mobile, so not depicted here.

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-1a_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-2_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-3_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-3a_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-4_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-5_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-7a_.2.0.1.jpg

army-creator-mobile_iphone_sample-7b_.2.0.1.jpg

1 person likes this

I imagine that certiain doctrines will be difficult to implement. Mercinaries comes to mind. Crusader's Unleash the Hounds as well.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Maybe - I haven't read ALL of the doctrines for the factions, but Hound should be easy - either autopopulate the first troop with Garr if that doctrine is selected or provide a "notice" bar that says you should add Garr to a unit for this doctrine... or something to that affect. Given that you can "move" the orientation of the troops up and down, you can always drag the Hounds Troop to a spot below your Troop A/Command Troop if you want to keep things tidy. :B):

Oh yes, I have made what I think is a significant change to the unit container already - I have added pics of the figs, that will change as you select your model.

army-creator-mobile_unit-snippet-1a_2.0.1.jpg

Edited by Dark Horse
1 person likes this

Here is the mockup just finished of what the unit will look like when adding equipment. Musician and Standard Bearer I think I am going to have as a button in the troop header - click the appropriate button and it automagically adds that "equipment" as a unit. This allows the equipment items to stay with the model and in the roster printout, will be indented under the model where the equipment was "attached".

If anyone has any better ideas, please speak up quickly, as I will be coding this mockup within the next day or so for sure.

army-creator-mobile_unit-snippet-1b_2.0.1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your great effort.

Edited by wildger
4 people like this

3 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Here is the mockup just finished of what the unit will look like when adding equipment. Musician and Standard Bearer I think I am going to have as a button in the troop header - click the appropriate button and it automagically adds that "equipment" as a unit. This allows the equipment items to stay with the model and in the roster printout, will be indented under the model where the equipment was "attached".

If anyone has any better ideas, please speak up quickly, as I will be coding this mockup within the next day or so for sure.

army-creator-mobile_unit-snippet-1b_2.0.1.jpg

Looks really good, and I like the idea of the troop equipment in the header.

2 people like this