Loim

Zombie vs. Skellyman

On 4/29/2017 at 7:35 PM, BlazingTornado said:

....What's a zuvembie?

Zuvembie was a term that Marvel Comics used to avoid using the word Zombie, because Zombie was blocked by the Comics Code... and now Pathfinder has added them to the game.... Though I think that they are taking it from the Robert E. Howard story Pigeons from Hell. (There is a pretty major Robert E. Howard fan in Paizo's management team....)

It's like Gymkata showing up in a martial arts game....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Zuvembie was a term that Marvel Comics used to avoid using the word Zombie, because Zombie was blocked by the Comics Code... and now Pathfinder has added them to the game.... Though I think that they are taking it from the Robert E. Howard story Pigeons from Hell. (There is a pretty major Robert E. Howard fan in Paizo's management team....)

It's like Gymkata showing up in a martial arts game....

The Auld Grump

Ah yes, the "Good Ole" Comic Code. What we have done without it!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf

I started out with an Egyptian Undead faction in my Lost World but it didn't feel right.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/

After some good advice from @malefactus I decided to move the Eygptians to their own thread.

The first one is my Mummy Captain.

Now working on a Grenadier Undead Rhino Captive Carrier with a Bones Priestess as Crew

• By Glitterwolf
      This will be yet another Undead /Demon Army.
      ( what can I say? I love evil miniatures).

This army has an Asian theme.
      Undead Samurai
      Oni
      Asian Dragons
      Some living Asian Allies.
      Kirin

Hope you will enjoy  it.

I will paint slowly and it may take a while, but I'm putting this out here to start.
      Since I backed Zentih's Kensei Undead KS I have a few of the Undead Samurai and Demons waiting
      I also have the Grenadier Wind Dragon ( alas without the two humans) and the Grenadier Imperial Dragon of the Eleven Celestial Dynasties
      And some Living Samurai.
      Also a nice Asian Graveyard Set.

Some stuff that has to get painted soon..

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By buglips*the*goblin
      Want more WIP threads like this one?  Check these out!
      01614 Con Crud 
      02818 Bugbear Warrior
      02017 Scorpius Rex Dracus

Hello again, friends and neighbours! 

Several years ago, after the Bones I kickstarter, I made a thread to help people who had just signed up for a ridiculous amount of Bones minis get used to painting and encourage them to just jump right on in!  This thread was even more successful than I thought and, much to my astonishment, brings new people to our hobby even today.  I thought it was time for a fresh update that might be just as helpful, and maybe give us something to point new people to when they first decide to pick up a brush and become One of Us.

Often when new people come by and have no idea where to start, the first general question is: what are your aims and requirements?  This basically breaks down to: do you need pieces done for a game, or do you want to paint just to paint?  The idea behind this WIP is to give us something to show people the difference in practice.  So with the able assistance of Guindyloo, I will be painting Thanis in my usual fast-but-decent method and she will show us how nice things can be when you spend some time on them. 

There are, of course, many ways to paint a mini so this thread is just an example of our present working methods and by no means serve as the only way to do it, or the final word on the matter.  Those of you just joining our hobby may have your own ideas about how to do things, and by all means you should use your own best judgment!  All we do here is just give you some things to think about.

So on to the mini you came in here to see, and I hope this thread proves useful! 

Here's my Thanis, fresh from her blister pack:

• By Tenzin Drakefang
      I'm happy with how these two came out, and that my phone's camera actually took decent quality pictures! These were fun, easy ones, took no time at all. Being pewter, they do tend to chip, which gets really annoying, but was no big deal to fix. Great designs, good job Reaper! These two will be listed on eBay soon.

• Who's Online   44 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)