Sign in to follow this  
WhatsEcstacy

New Painter... Already Obsessed

Dude! For first paint jobs you're rockin' it! 

Welcome to the forums. Most of us don't bite. I won't say who does and who doesn't. Seriously, this is the nicest forum I've ever been part of. It is nicer than my own Facebook feed (probably due to the pleasant lack of politics here). Nicer than the World of Warcraft forums ever were. All good peoples from what I can tell. 

Ask/contribute away here!

May your obsession bring you much joy, and pretty pictures of minis for the rest of us ::D:

• Like 3

Great work.

Welcome to our hobby.

I bought the LTPK for my niece, and hope her results are half as good as yours.

• Like 1

Nifty!

For the mummy, try an ochre color. I use Army Painter's Skeleton Bone, but Reaper should have an ochre to use.

Fiddle around with washes. Army Painter's brown Strong Tone Ink (in the eye dropper) is a good start for undead and unhygenic orcs!

Some very nice looking models there! Love the green flesh on the orc. Some nice contrast and blending there. Especially for your first time.

Welcome! The orc especially looks great, I like the skin tone you achieved, and the chainmail with a bit of rust. All he's missing is the eyes - I think you should go for it. The great thing about paint is you can always cover up your mistakes.

• Like 2

AAARGH!

Yet another newbie that's better than me!  

If you know what's best for you...

You'll keep on painting awesome stuff and having fun while doing it!

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum!

Your first paint jobs are very good!

Way better than my first ones...

You'll get better and better when you stick around and ask advice.

Make a WIP for the next ones and you'll notice people will help you where you need it.

Also I recommend browsing this Forum and looking at Youtube videos ( search for Painting Fantasy Miniatures).

Reaper likes you to make separate Show Off threads for minis.

So give the next batch their own threads, and take more pics from different angles.

The most important thing however is to feed the Wolves Have Fun!!!

If you see someone posting in purple, that is meant as a joke/sarcasm/irony etc..

Stick around!

And don't forget to throw some Bacon at the Wolves!!!

• Like 4

I'll jump in on the "nice orc" bandwagon!

It also looks like you carefully edged or blacklined the colors on the orc. Was this a technique described in the kit? (I've been thinking about buying one for my significant other...)

• Like 2

You did an excellent job! You have a good hand for painting minis, looking forward to see more of your stuff. Welcome to the hobby.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Nothing like a little positive reinforcement to get you psyched up for more painting!

It also looks like you carefully edged or blacklined the colors on the orc. Was this a technique described in the kit? (I've been thinking about buying one for my significant other...)

The black edges you are seeing is the black wash that I used. I found that really covering the figure well in wash gives great shadows to the figure, then going back over everything with a dry brush of the base coat color returns everything to the lighter shade other than those deep recesses where the shadows should be. All of this is covered in the first part of the kit instructions when detailing the painting of the Skeleton Archer. Personally, I'm so glad I got the kit. I feel like it got me off to a good start:) Highly recommended!

• Like 5

Welcome to the forums; you're off to a very good start!

Your orc turned out very nicely; keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this