So, last year some of us ran a bunch of Frostgrave Demos at ReaperCon.  They seemed to go over fairly well.  I originally wasn't going to do something of this nature again, as there were some other games that I wanted to get in and the demos monopolized my time pretty well (to the point that I had to do a speed shopping trip on Sunday before the Reaper booth shut down).

However, I seem to have taken a blow to the head and am seriously considering doing something similar this year.  I have a couple of ideas that I am trying to judge interest in.

1)  A straight up Frostgrave tournament.  That was what last year was supposed to be, but it was mostly a bunch of demo games with me or buckyball teaching the game.  The advantage to this is that people can sign up to battle and I don't have to babysit the table.

2) Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago is released on Sept. 19th.  Last year, Reaper was kind enough to set up an island themed table from a previous Warlord tournament for us to use.  Thematically this would be perfect for Ghost Archipelago.  Plus, with the new pirate faction at ReaperCon this year, it seems like a no brainer.  The drawback is that the rule will only have been out for a month or so, and people might not have time to get warbands together (especially when trying to finish contest entries).  Plus, it seems with a new game, it would most likely tend to be back to doing demos rather than a tournament.

So what I would like to do is to gauge interest in either option.  What say you all?

• Like 3

Need to see what I will be doing, but I plan on bringing my warband at the least...

• Like 2

I'll have my warband with me, too. I'm definitely down for some FrostGrave.

As far as Ghost Archipelago, I probably won't have the rules yet.

• Like 1

I'm interested in playing again, either way. If I know far enough in advance, I can volunteer to contribute terrain again, if needed.

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

Probably not interested in a tournament, but I'd be up for some pickup games. I might even have some terrain with me.

And I'm playing in Skull & Shackles right now, so I might be able to scrape something together for Ghost Archipelago.

• Like 2