So, last year some of us ran a bunch of Frostgrave Demos at ReaperCon.  They seemed to go over fairly well.  I originally wasn't going to do something of this nature again, as there were some other games that I wanted to get in and the demos monopolized my time pretty well (to the point that I had to do a speed shopping trip on Sunday before the Reaper booth shut down).

However, I seem to have taken a blow to the head and am seriously considering doing something similar this year.  I have a couple of ideas that I am trying to judge interest in.

1)  A straight up Frostgrave tournament.  That was what last year was supposed to be, but it was mostly a bunch of demo games with me or buckyball teaching the game.  The advantage to this is that people can sign up to battle and I don't have to babysit the table.

2) Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago is released on Sept. 19th.  Last year, Reaper was kind enough to set up an island themed table from a previous Warlord tournament for us to use.  Thematically this would be perfect for Ghost Archipelago.  Plus, with the new pirate faction at ReaperCon this year, it seems like a no brainer.  The drawback is that the rule will only have been out for a month or so, and people might not have time to get warbands together (especially when trying to finish contest entries).  Plus, it seems with a new game, it would most likely tend to be back to doing demos rather than a tournament.

So what I would like to do is to gauge interest in either option.  What say you all?

• Like 3

I'll have my warband with me, too. I'm definitely down for some FrostGrave.

As far as Ghost Archipelago, I probably won't have the rules yet.

• Like 1

I'm interested in playing again, either way. If I know far enough in advance, I can volunteer to contribute terrain again, if needed.

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

Probably not interested in a tournament, but I'd be up for some pickup games. I might even have some terrain with me.

And I'm playing in Skull & Shackles right now, so I might be able to scrape something together for Ghost Archipelago.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paintybeard
      I have used 02835 (Jolie) as an apprentice Sigilist in my Frostgrave warband.

Here she is with an old Citadel wizard, who is her mentor.

In my games he is called Bruce and she is named The Lovely Anthea. (Brits of a certain age may spot a cultural reference here.)

I get the feeling that Bruce chose his apprentice more for her... nice legs... that her skill in the mystical arts. But in the games I play Bruce frequently fails to cast his spells in a spectacular and messy fashion, while Anthea succeeds by the narrowest of margins!

• By Brianuk
      Have been stealing coffee stirrers for a while and thought I should disguise them. 

This is a modular set of docks for pirate settings/City docks, ghost archipelago. All I did was make platforms of various heights with layers of foam core board. Then Iaid cross pieces and laid the decks on top, just using different thicknesses of coffee stirrers. The stanchions are just pva glued to the side of the foam core, under the decks rather than showing above them. I painted the foam core black and am painting the wood using the Crafting Muse video on YouTube as a guide. I won't be basing these. 
      The boat is a lucky find. It is a decoupage model ocean liner. I cut the top off and had a curved boat shape 15cm / 6" long and perfect for 8 models. Only £1.25 on sale. All I did was lay a deck of coffee stirrers then took some of the bits I cut off and glued them back on to the sides. Painted like the Dock. I don't want to add seats, mast, similar detail to this model to maximise how many based minis can stand in it. 

• By Brianuk
      Have started off Lanura and Andowyn, painting them as a duo for Frostgrave or GA. So heritor and warden or wizard and apprentice. Lots of the ideas for the colour scheme come from this board/online. Vallejo flat green coats, french blue trousers, grey brown gloves and boots, and saddle brown skin tone. 

Also did some simple frostgrave treasure tokens. Those are just resin bases with Frostgrave and Fireforge spare parts stuck to them. I went for relatively bright colours around the rims and for details to make clear that these are counters and not terrain. 

• By Brianuk
      Have got some Frostgrave explorers and some GA crew with a middle eastern focus.  Am getting better at kit bashing but these are the first mixed conversions using resin, metal, plastic and greenstuff. The Arabians are Gripping Beast middle eastern infantry and steppes infantry with Frostgrave GA crew arms. The explorers are Fireforge resin bodies, frostgrave or westwind pict heads and a mix of arms. C and C welcome. 

• Who's Online   35 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)