Maglok

The 'new table' dungeon (lots of pics)

11 posts in this topic

That's pretty cool!

Amazing!

That's quite a busy dungeon you have there.

[Secretly wishing I had enough room for a ping pong sized table full of dungeon tiles]

3 people like this

Very nice.  However, your display illustrates exactly why I never use the dozen or so crates of DF I have stored away in my hoard - the stuff takes up WAY more table space than I have available.  Trying to set up a dungeon and accommodate a few players in my current digs would be unthinkable.

The Egg

3 people like this

SPLENDID! That is how I envisioned a Dungeon/Cavern should look. Have FUN with the Beasty!

2 people like this

Wonderful! Your stuff looks amazing!

And I can see after getting the table and dwarven forge you have now been reduced to eating Cornflakes for all your meals!  The new DF stuff is great lil wee baby children can build dungeons and not break my stuffs now!

4 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      After all the medical issues I started the year with, I've finally managed to finish something!  A couple of the Bones Starship Generators.

Generator_front by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Generator_back by Mckenna35, on Flickr
    • By Bane Of Humanity
      Ive decided to run a little test to see how well Pokorny Paints from Dwarven work on bones as primer.

I decided not to cover the entire thing just so people can see the contrast.  While is a bit thicker than the traditional brown liner you can see it keeps the detail nicely. 

I will finish the first coat then I will do a Agrax Earthshade wash.  Now I wouldn't recommend this paint for the smaller miniatures..but larger ones it seems to work pretty good
    • By sigmaone
      My first Bones 3 paint job is also one of the ones I was most anticipating. It's not quite done, since I have to touch up some of the little stones on the ground, but I'm basically calling it done.   I've read that you shouldn't overdo the static grass, but I didn't really know what else to put in it and I didn't want to leave too much bare "broccoli base."  Overall, I'm not too unhappy with how it turned out, given my level of ability.

Oh, on this note... I've got some "flower stuff" which is okay, but I don't love it. It does have lots of nice little yellow bits. You can see these clumped up in the bottom picture.  I'm wondering if people can recommend a good "spray glue" or something to that effect, so that I can just spray a light coating of clue in some places, and then sprinkle the yellow bits. I'm looking for a more spread out "wildflowers" effect, since I think the clumps are too much.
    • By Chris Palmer
            When scouting the local Dollar Tree this past week, I saw this sand mold of the Sydney Opera House.  It's part of a collection they have along with other world landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Pyramid, and Leaning Tower of Pisa.
       I thought it looked like it might be useful as some sort of Sci-Fi industrial structure, like a large generator, pumping station, or engine of some sort.  

So, after glueing on some bits, and painting this was the outcome:

IF you want to read more about the project, and see some more work in process photos, please see my blog: 
      http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2017/06/dollar-tree-sand-mold-sci-fi-terrain.html
    • By Jordan Peacock
      For my miniatures games at Necronomicon, I like to have some sort of terrain piece on the table that stands out as a potential attention-grabber, in the hopes of attracting any wandering undecided players in the game room prior to start time, and perhaps motivating them to go sign up for the game.  The trouble is that such terrain pieces with a strong vertical element BLOCK LINE OF SIGHT for seated players.  For a miniatures wargame, that wouldn't be such an issue, when you usually just have two standing people with laser pointers maneuvering around the table.  In an RPG scenario, it's maybe 6 people (plus me), and I'm usually the only one standing.  Some tall building in the middle of the table means that one or more players can't see the zombies/mutants/whatever behind the building, or their status tokens, even though the PC should have no such trouble (being right there).

Therefore, certain toy play sets I find at the thrift store can fit the bill.  This "facade" or "backdrop" piece helps to set a scene, but it's on the GM's side of the table, in lieu of a GM screen.  It serves as a staging area to hide minis and reference sheets (not die rolls -- I roll them out in the open), and since it's right next to me (and I am standing up for most of the game), it shouldn't be blocking line of sight for any of the seated players.  (If a PC moves to a position where he's going "behind" the facade, then he's leaving the table zone, and I either need to set up a new area as the action shifts, or just resolve that we're going "theater of the mind" for whatever that PC is doing poking around off-stage rather than staying and joining in on the fight or whatever other action is dominating the main scenario area).

The price for such a play set varies according to the moods of the price-setter, I guess.  One day, I'll find some elaborate play set and it's just $1-$2.  Another day, I'll be excited at finding the perfect set piece ... and then I see it's been set at $25 (and it's not even remotely COMPLETE), so I pass it over.  I confess, there are a number of items I've gotten because I figured I'd get some sort of use out of it (without a specific plan) ... and after a while, some of those toys have gone right back to Goodwill after I figured that I needed some more garage space, and it was highly unlikely I'd actually get around to doing something with that toy within my lifetime.

Well, one acquisition I found at the thrift store was an incomplete version of the Nickelodeon TMNT play set:

Sadly, it's not the newer Toys 'R' Us version with the nicer details and bits.  Also, it was lacking the building-top water tower or billboard pieces (or the action figures).  I figured that this might be useful for a street scene either for a superheroic scenario, or perhaps post-apocalyptic.  And for $2?  Why not?

I started by removing the big neon green pipe in the back, the lower "sewer" level of the play set, and the electronic talking box (behind the central "Chinatown" roof section), along with the button and the giant turtle "foot" meant to kick whatever figure has the misfortune to be standing there when the button is pressed.  I used a Dremel tool to remove the protruding tabs on the bottom that would have linked up the "sewer" section, so the "sidewalk" could rest flat on the table.  One danger immediately was that I'd removed some important structural supports (the sewer level, the electronics box, and the green pipe), so at this point the remaining play set was a LITTLE bit wobbly.  It's rigid enough plastic, however, that it's not much of an issue, but I might have to reinforce the base.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)