Maglok

The 'new table' dungeon (lots of pics)

That's quite a busy dungeon you have there.

[Secretly wishing I had enough room for a ping pong sized table full of dungeon tiles]

• Like 3

Very nice.  However, your display illustrates exactly why I never use the dozen or so crates of DF I have stored away in my hoard - the stuff takes up WAY more table space than I have available.  Trying to set up a dungeon and accommodate a few players in my current digs would be unthinkable.

The Egg

• Like 3

SPLENDID! That is how I envisioned a Dungeon/Cavern should look. Have FUN with the Beasty!

• Like 2

Wonderful! Your stuff looks amazing!

And I can see after getting the table and dwarven forge you have now been reduced to eating Cornflakes for all your meals!  The new DF stuff is great lil wee baby children can build dungeons and not break my stuffs now!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      As seen at ReaperCon

About this project
      This is my first set of TerraScapes.  I present to you a natural Caves & Grottos core set. With the full range of double sided modular tiles, you can quickly create ultra-realistic cavern scenarios for any of your spelunking adventures! If you've ever found yourself in a cave, you know how under represented they are in the games that we love to play. There is nothing linear about spelunking and caverns aren't flat! Caves are twisted sections of open air encased by cool moist rocky walls.  That's why I've coined this terrain as a Nonlinear Modular Terrain System, and it's a new way of dressing your Tabletop with functional, dynamic terrain for all your Tabletop RPG's!
      TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos strives to simulate natural terrain for optimal immersion and strategic playability. To maximize the possibilities every tile is double sided! This means that with every tile you get twice the possible play space! Both tops and bottoms of each tile can be used in your layouts!  Each tile is designed to work like a table where instead of legs, you have stalactites and large rocks. It allows you to stack them up however you want! This gives your layout real depth and introduces a whole new dimension for increased strategical encounters. Whether it's for your big boss battle, wargame or random encounter, everything you'll need for an endless tactical cavern layout comes with our set of Caves & Grottos!
      This video shows how to build an endless array of immersive caverns for your tabletop!
      What's in the Full Set?  I have a ton of tiles prototyped and ready for this campaign.  If everything is unlocked we will have 9 Core double-sided tiles, 3 exclusive large  double-sided KS tiles, 2 Rock Packs which include a total of 8 double-sided rocks and rock/well combinations, 2 sets of Stalactite risers containing a total of 4 risers, 3 double-sided flowstone/pit centerpieces and 4 packs of double-sided wall sections containing 8 wall sections.  This is everything you'll need to bring to life any dynamic cavern scenario that you could possibly dream up!  You can purchase any of these Packs of tiles or accessories as Add-ons as they are unlocked during this campaign by managing your pledge amount and adding their cost(s).  If you are bad with arithmetic, just send me a message and I'll give you hand personally!
      I know, I know...  I'm getting ahead of myself here!  When the campaign launches we'll only have the three tiles from Core Pack:A, and the exclusive KS:1 tiles available.  Whenever we unlock another Core Pack, I will also unlock another exclusive KS tile for you to snatch up!  I am fairly confident that we are going to smash through almost every stretch goal I have planned.
      Core Pack:A Random Layout with KS Tile:1  With the exception of the Stalac-Packs, note that every terrain piece in TerraScapes is double-sided. The following graphics depict both the tops and bottoms of every piece and are not separate pieces offered with the packs.  The sizes listed are in terms of tile height.  So a Size 2 piece is two tiles high.  A Size 3 piece is 3 tiles high.  
      Please Manage your Pledge if you would like to add-on any pieces.  A survey will be sent after the Kickstarter has concluded for you to list which add-ons and options (like paint schemes) you would like.  All shipping charges will be handled by a Third Party Pledge Manager after the Kickstarter as well.  You will have until December 1st, 2017 to update your Pledge using this Pledge Manager
      3 Core Pack:A tiles and the first Exclusive KS Tile:1 As each set of new tiles and accessories are unlocked we will journey deeper into what TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos has to offer any story.  During this campaign, your very pledges will move a group of adventurers through the deep, exploring the sets that you unlock.  Our heroes fate will depend upon your support!  When the campaign ends, our adventurers will either perish or succeed in escaping these deep Caves & Grottos! 
      Core Pack:A, KS Tile:1 and Rocks & Wells Pack:A  
      Rock & Wells Pack:A contains four Size 1 Risers  
      Stalac-Pack:A contains two Size 2 Risers  

Core Pack:B Random Layout with KS Tile:2
    • By SamuraiJack

About
      BASE SYSTEM ROOTS 
      When I moved from hex map to miniature rules gaming, I struggled to find any decent affordable scenery. 
      Thus I decided to make some myself. These were sold online under the name of Mechanized Designworks. I found many other people liked them. 
      This led to my decision to make an entire range accessible to the public through DFA, in the form of the BASE System. With your support DFA intends to create the largest range of affordable, high quality modular 6mm scale scenery and buildings. With your continued support, the range has scope to expand indefinitely.
      BASE System sections will be made from 3D printed design originals. Each section will be individually hand-finished before casting in resin, creating a high-quality finish suitable for your choice of model paint. 
      BASE SYSTEM CORE  
       BASE Systems are modular.  
      Example BASE System layout with stand-alone buildings There are many buildings, from stand-alone structures and themed sets, to totally modular sets that allow players to build a base as big or small as they wish. A host of new building designs and base layouts can be created by simply repositioning individual sections; while the same parts can be endlessly reconfigured to provide new vistas for each game.  

If you're looking to build a small outpost or firebase or a big planetary command centre for your games, BASE has you covered. Best of all: because BASE System is modular, you can take it apart and redesign it when setting up your next game.  
      Infinite possibilities and configurations await with BASE.
      Example of a large BASE system layout using modular parts BASE SYSTEM VISUAL  
      BASE offers a uniform look and feel across sets in the range. 
      While each module in a set is interchangeable, it will still conform to the overall chosen appearance of your tabletop. In addition, you can make sets look entirely different, yet cohesive, with a few additional components in different paint livery.
      EVOLVING YOUR BASE SYSTEM  
      Start small and go large … or start big.  
      Example of a small BASE System layout The choice is yours. The BASE System is available in box sets and individual components. You can evolve your BASE System at your own speed by adding components or sets as and when it suits you. (To help get you started with this, you will also receive two of some buildings at specific pledge levels.)
      Fire Control and HQ buildings  
      The Repair Bay contains 2 rigs, allowing you to switch between closed and open during your games.  
      The Geodesic Dome will feature a clear resin casting,allowing you to create features inside the structure.  
      The Class A Interstellar Communications set is just the first modular BASE system we hope to produce.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Hello,
      We are so excited and honored that you are taking the time to consider our project. Our tabletop journey has brought us so much joy and satisfaction to be able to play with friends and family. The quality of the product that our terrain engineers have developed is truly a reward all its own. That being said, we would like to continue as a team to provide versatile, durable, and affordable terrain to everyone who might be interested in it. 
      We created our terrain with the Game Master in mind. It is our mission to provide a suite of tools that could be provided that empower off-the-rails playability. We look forward to all of the community input so that we can tailor our efforts to bring to life the answers to the problems that we, as GMs, face throughout the multiverses.
      With your help, we hope to become an additional tool that can be wielded in the moment it is needed most. 

1 Set Our basic set comes with the following: 
      6- 4x4 inch tile floors 8- 4 inch walls 4- 2 inch walls 6- 1 inch walls 2- 1 inch doors The floor tiles and walls are separated so that the GM can manipulate the field as they see fit. There is no prep time needed because the walls can be dropped in place immediately and configured in any conceivable fashion. Our walls lock together with magic so that they are stable without needing to be connected to the floor tiles.
      We designed the walls with playability in mind so that everyone at the table can still have a good view of the dungeon without needing to stand up and peer in. Standard 28mm miniatures are easily visible, and even paper tokens can be seen without requiring additional effort. 
      By using the standard grid as a basis, we wanted to make sure that our product would enhance your existing setup, not become a replacement.
       *Add-on purchases are available for backers who purchase two sets or more.
       Our Forest Pack comes with two types of trees. We designed the trunks so that the leaves could be removed for those players or enemies who enjoy scaling the trees to hide or fire from a better vantage point. The $25 purchase comes with two trees, each of our small and large platform trunks.
      It is our great pleasure to offer our Caravel Add-on. This vessel connects with the same magic as our walls. The ship is stackable so multiple levels can be purchased if desired. The masts, sail yards, and crows nest are designed so that dramatic swashbuckling action can take place above the vessel itself. The masts can be removed if needed and can be replaced with the mast slot cover, in the event that the vessel is driven by oars or some other means.
      The ship is made up of three locking pieces: prow, aft and midship. The prow and aft can be connected to form smaller vessels and additional middle sections can be combined to create mighty warships or trading vessels. 
      The undercarriage of the ship has four pillar slots that can be used to prop a ship up giving the GM the ability to place lurking sea creatures underneath. This also enables the GM to utilize the ship as an airship if desired, flying above the battlefield and exploring the skies.
      The $149 purchase comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three masts, three mast hole covers and one crow's nest.
      Our $99 Galley Add-on comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three mast hole covers.
      The $22 Support Pillars Add-on comes with 11- 3 inch tall support pillars that can be used to raise your ship off the ground or can be used as flying platforms to keep track of PCs and enemies in the chaos of battle.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      FREE MINIATURE for every £1000 raised by this campaign (see stretch goals)
      Your minis will be created by Pansensis droids! (see bottom of page)

Scantastic We will be visiting a dozen Henge sites around the UK and north France

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Forests can be represented on the wargames table in a number of ways. Each have their own pros and cons.
      Single trees on bases are cheap and allow gamers to admire their miniatures, even when hiding in cover. However, if model trees are permanently attached to a forest footprint, placement of larger units can be difficult. Even if weighted, individually based tree models are prone to toppling over with a domino effect on other trees or snagging on miniatures.
      Besides, from the gamer's view of the tabletop (similar to hovering hundreds of metres above the landscape), all but the most sparse of wooded areas appear as undulating unbroken swathes of vegetation. 
      My tree canopy style representations of forests (as opposed to highly detailed and accurate tree models) will bring a practical and aesthetic dense forest effect to your 3mm, 6mm, 10mm & 15mm wargaming tables.  
      Pledging for additional sets will of course, greatly add to the variety of foliage and appearance of the tabletop scenery in larger games.
      Don't forget that the reward level forest styles listed can be customized when the project goes ahead, for instance to request either the triangular or rectangular shapes or the Frosty/Snowy types for Winter campaigns.
      Product Description
      There are three tree canopy sections in each hand made set, cut from a single 15cm x 15cm piece of tree canopy material (just over 6" square), which is just enough for the smallest of skirmish games.
      'Deciduous' and 'evergreen' three and four sided styles (pictured rather closer together than normal!) There are two kinds of shaped woods available for variation: three sided and four sided, although they are trimmed to have undulating edges for a natural look. (As they are hand made, straight sided plantations could be easily produced in addition to other custom requirements).
      A view under the tree canopy.The wood on the right is set up to be sited on a gradient. Originally designed for 6mm gaming, there is at least 25mm of adjustable clearance underneath the tree canopies for your miniatures with the standard 'tree trunk' supports. (For 15mm gamers, or if using troops with standard bearers or AFVs with whip aerials, taller supports may be better, which can be supplied). Not every tree trunk is specifically represented with these forests, only the minimum number to provide stability and adequate headroom. If the forest is to be sited on a hillside they can be inserted into the vegetation at appropriate angles. Most importantly, these tree canopies can be lifted off the table without snagging on the miniatures underneath.
      I do not use a 'footprint' for replacing the forests after lifting (for example, a felt cut out 'shadow') in my games as I find there are usually enough points of reference (especially once miniatures have moved underneath). This could be changed depending on feedback.
      They are available in eight foliage styles for battles in any season which can be seen in the following sets and test mock-ups:
      Deciduous
      Deciduous foliage style A standard tree with mid green leaves and using green branches for extra verdance.
      Light Oak
      Light Oak, again with 6mm miniatures for scale Standard dark brown branches with light green 'Spring growth'
      Dark Oak
      Dark Oak triangular set Standard deciduous leaves on dark brown branches.
      Evergreen
      Evergreen rectangular set Blue-green pine effect foliage on dark branches. Pictured is a single colour test foliage which will be improved upon with variegation.
      Early Autumn
      Early Autumn wood The leaves on the trees in this wood are just beginning to turn yellow.
      Late Autumn
      Late Autumn wood Dark brown branches visible through yellow leaves. A more Copper Beech leaf colour is in development.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)