9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here is the mighty Shrew-zerker, from the Burrows and Badgers line (and game) from Oathsworn.

shrewzerker_final_shiny_front.jpg.3914a4967a0a47df67d5e0d5038245be.jpgshrewzerker_final_shiny_back.jpg.7e865f1d727d708c180257688e8fd2c2.jpg

Sorry about the shininess, as he's a for play piece so I gloss coated him, and its been too humid or damp to dull coat him for the last couple of weeks.  I'll update with some new pics whenever I get a chance to spray him.

He's a great little fig (Oathsworn's anthropomorphic figs are scaled like the actual animals are, so shrews are pretty tiny, around 20mm) and was fun and quick to paint.  He's been done for a while but my basing stuff was all away from moving to a new painting space.  I finally found some and put a quick and simple base on him. Hopefully as I get more used to basing with flock again (its been....a while) my bases will improve for future B&B figs.

Update!

Dull coated and with improved photography....

shrewzerker_final_d2_paper_settings.jpg.65c4385fa9c254b4be0960547abd79a0.jpgshrewzerker_final_d2_paper_settings_back.jpg.2ab57fe797d69acb32967fedb23c79a7.jpg

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
22 people like this

Rawr! Barbarian shrew!

1 person likes this

Very nice. 

1 person likes this

You've done a great job on this guy! He looks properly angry...

1 person likes this

Who put a Polymorph Spell on Ub3r?

Looks great!

3 people like this

Nice work, I lIke it.  Which reminds me I need to get some more of mine painted up.  

2 people like this

Looks great. The eyes are really nice.

2 people like this

Finally got some nice weather so I got them dull coated.  

And got things sorted a bit on the pictures side, so they aren't so washed out.  New pics in the original post.

3 people like this

Excellent work on him!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      I have yet to assemble a complete figure from any of the Frostgrave sprues of plastic parts, so I thought I'd start slow with a head swap.  Enter Anval Theicedamned, Evil Warrior.  His head is just begging to be chopped off.

I figured I'd swap one hooded head for another so I chose what appeared to be an armored hooded head from the cultists sprue and after chipping away at Anval's neck area, applied the super glue and commenced to hold it in place for several minutes.  Yes, there is a better way, and it involves drilling and pinning things.  Bah, details.  It eventually stuck and I decided on a paint scheme.

Much metallics of various kinds.  Sadly I only have a few.  And a non traditional skin color.  This guy with no visible face lends itself well to an exotic or alien race.  Also, there's some nice detail on that axe.  I decided it must be some kind of magic weapon, perhaps of the air, storm, lightning element kind?  So I applied an unusual color and effect on the blade.  Sparking snow and yes, alien goo.  Also tried to give him a lightning tattoo in alien goo on the back.  

Here is the finished piece.  So how convincing is the new head?

A view of the axe

And tat

• By Maledrakh
      And they* said 3D printing poses no threat to traditional miniatures...
      well maybe not yet, but still:

There are a few more pics at my blog.

This is a 3Dprint I printed out myself on my cheapo Flashforge Finder. Printed in PLA with .01 layer height. I scaled it a bit randomly to make a large one.
      The original model is by Axolote Gaming, an unexpected bonus item from their second Kickstarter, and also one of the better models of a Beholder I have seen yet.
      You can see the stepping from the printing process if you look closely. This is particularily obvious in the teeth and the eyeball as.the gloss varnish I used on the eye really made the stepping apparent. It was not half as bad before.
      At any rate, the stepping is really only apparent when looked at closely, or when magnified such as in the pictures. The fangs are a bit misshapen here and there, mostly from my printer not being all that great. I have not used a file when prepping, just clippers and a sharp hobby knife. Maybe a file would have straightened those teeth out properly. Something to try next time.
      The tentacles are hollow as their cross sections are to small to include any infill. This means they are quite brittle and prone to snappin off. Luckily only one of them broke during the removal of the supports though.
      My printer also left a lot of extremely fine hair-like strings attached to the finished print, so together with removing the print-supports there was quite a lot of prepwork.
      At least I did not have to wash it to get rid of the mould's release agents, as I have realized the truth: there is no mould.

A note about painting 3D models: Neither drybrushing nor washes are good techniques for them, as the stepping will get accented and more pronounced. (and here I am with drybrushing and washes as my favorite techniques... argh!)

I used a 50mm lipped base with a paperclip to make the stand.

Beholder
      model by Axolote Gaming
      3D printed at .01 layer height
      PLA
      50mm base

*They still being Tom Kirby CEO of Games Workshop in  the 2014 GW Chairman’s Preamble to the Games Workshop CEO annual report.

• By sorcerersapprentice
      Meanders2 Wave2  Digital Sci-fi Terrain drops in 2 days time on the 21st May. 
      A preview is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/1602493010?token=6e1623e4
      This will be the biggest sci-fi map project ever attempted and potentially over 145 giant new maps for Scifi RPG.  You can  get Vector Packs, Commercial Licenses, and much more. You can also have your name or even company logo put into my Meanders as a bonus just by backing early. There are downloadable banners on the preview that you can take to share the project around on groups and sites. Thanks for reading, hope to see you there. Cheers :)
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Sat down for two hours today to make the time until bones 3 shipment notification go by.  Thought I'd try a speed paint of something largish.  Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the WIP thread.  Not putting it in show off though since it is far from what I would consider done.  Still, a fun test of my speed.

2:39 pm about to rip open the bag.

2:51 pm mold lines trimmed, washed, glued to a base.

3:13 pm.  Brown linered.  Poured too much so a big puppy got some liner too.  Had to wait for drying anyway.

3:47 pm.  Green hair, off white weapon and other accessories.  Eyes.

4:08 pm. Skin.  Lots of skin.  

4:28 pm.  Blue and purple/red cloth and accessories.  What, only 10 minutes left?  

4:41 copper details.  Little leather.  Okay, technically a couple minutes over.  Would have liked to go for another 20-30 min but I had to run out.  

mission accomplished?  Well, there base could use some attention.  And the face.  Really all of the skin could use a highlight. And the hair.  

But I think I'll keep it as is for now to show what I am capable of in two hours.  Maybe try this again in a while (there is the male still to do) and see if I get any faster.

• By Chaoswolf
      I finished this guy up on Friday; he's an old Ral Partha thief (if i remember correctly, he came in a 2 or 3 piece blister pack with some of his fellows; I'm pretty sure I've got them around here somewhere).

My usual tabletop paintjob; I hope you like him.

I'm still experimenting with my pictures; which version looks better?
  • Who's Online   60 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)