I see very little painting in May, but acquisitions may continue.  For reasons best left out of this thread, the dollar has weakened recently.  I don't follow markets so no prognosticating, but I'm thinking of hedging my bets and doing some international purchasing this month.  It's just a matter of deciding on what...

• Like 5

Finish assembling three Space Marines, a Dreadnought, 18 Orks, and a DeffKopta.  Bonus goal would be to get test paint schemes done for each.

• Like 8

My goals are pretty much exactly what I posted for April. Top priority romans and rivers. In the last week I haven't went anywhere near my hobby stuff. In the last month got a few games in and painted 3 minis and a bit of work on a couple more and some terrain. At this rate I'll finish my April goals by Christmas. Spring is sprung and I just don't have a lot of energy and spare time left over while the weather is nice. This was my most productive winter in years so I'm happy about that even if my painted mini numbers are way lower than I was hoping. Still need to get some pics to show.

• Like 6

Here's a simple and unique goal for me, considering I realized that I didn't paint at all in April:

Put paint on any model, even just a little, every day of this month.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Spring is sprung and I just don't have a lot of energy and spare time left over while the weather is nice.

Now that I live in Florida, the summer has become the worst time of year to be outside.  All winter is was beautiful, dry and warm.  Now...it is turning...it is getting hotter and even worse...humid.  Last summer was like nothing I had ever experienced with the heat and humidity. So, while you are now stirring from a winter of mini painting and hibernation, I am bunkering down.  Summers here it feels like it is 40 everyday and I want to cry, but who would notice since my tears would simply get lost in the humid air.  Instead, I burrow in, and turn the AC up as high as I can and I will paint all summer.  Like a reverse groundpig I will emerge from my den sometime in September and see if I see my shadow.

• Like 10

I'll be gone for half of May, and this first quarter is dedicated to finishing my darn isotopes project (which I will admit is a pretty cool topic, so I have almost no regrets there). 

I guess for painting on only a short amount of time, I have the goal of finishing my angry dwarf warrior figure. And I'm going to try NMM for the first time on his axes. AND... I'll use my shiny new brushes that came in today. Today, while I'm reading articles for my project and putting together a presentation. That's my only regret - lack of time to use my new brushes! Rosemary & Co's 0, 1, 2 round kolinsky sables, and a 0 pure sable filbert. 

If I have time I want to get the color schemes for my gnome scholar figure and my thief woman worked out. 

• Like 5

I'm still working on the 1/72 Vikings, but I was also stripping the paint on some more old Minifigs elves and Rohirrim.  My near term goal is to get the Viking war bands (36 figures, of which I've got 11) finished, and start into the mid-range project, which is two Dragon Rampant bands built entirely out of Minifigs 1973 Mythical Earth figures.  I have one convention and probably one business trip this month, both of which can limit painting (although I do take paint on the business trip).

Mythical Earth range, for the curious:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Mythical_Earth

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 7

I have a con this weekend where I plan to run some demo games.

• I really want to finish some dropfleet ships, I have a starter fleet for each faction and I need to finish two cruiser for each faction and my PHR fleet needs
  • A bunch of Lord of the Rings models that need basing - not a must but it would be nice
  • If possible I also have some Infinity Aleph that need finishing too, I have the operation icestorm models ready, but Aleph is my main faction and I don't have a fully painted band.

As for the not-so-urgent models I have

• A Kanjira with only one color - Definitely going for this
  • A primed set of ruins from dragons don't share II - Why haven't I finished this yet?
  • A big box of bones with at least a base set from each of the kickstarters. - The great white whale of my unfinished miniature collection.
  • Like 7

New ambitious goal: 

paint 5 bones 2 figures before bones III arrives.  

to provide a balance to my longing for new minis - a dead line. 

(4 figures currently at least primed )

• Like 7

May Goals:

Move

Goldar and his teddy (70% done)

Roman soldier (70% done?)

highland stone and familiar

That's it. Too much else going on to stress about painting minis.... June though, that'll be a different story.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

May Goals:

Move

That's it. Too much else going on to stress about painting minis....

Time to start planning your ultracompact, ultraportable gaming set up, suitable for your next circumstances...it's an interesting challenge. 

• Like 8

-Paint my second commission piece :bday:

-Finish up Mini Ma'al in time to show him off at PaizoCon ^_^

-Drool over Bones 3 stuff when it arrives, then paint none of it

That's pretty much it, focusing more on real life stuffs than painting right now.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

Yikes! The mail-man delivered my 3d printer early.
Painting goals may slip.
At least I finished my Dropfleet models

• Like 5