Generic Fighter

May 2017 Hobby Goals!

65 posts in this topic

Hope is to finish painting four minis in May, but I will have to see, I am working 9-10 hour days and it isn't even crunch time, sigh.

5 people like this

Assembled the Space Marine Sergeant yesterday, a Terminator is next.  I also started highlighting the skin on the hill giant I was working on last year. The results were better than those CAV models the other night, but I'm going to be in "it sucks" territory until I give it a wash.

8 people like this

Well, that's what 12 pounds of silicon rubber looks like.  I did not have enough for everything - that's intentional.  I have learned to make more mold boxes than I think I will need, in case my estimates are off.  (I had 11 pounds, needed that twelfth to finish one - the others can now wait for a week or three.)  I poured them last night, and while they are probably okay to check now, giving them an extra hour or four is not going to hurt them any.  In the meantime, I can just assemble some more minis - trying to finish the rest of the British Line Infantry from Waterloo.  Then I can start on the French. .  .

18302072_10212925100750519_122289453_n.jpg

18308787_10212921597702945_592834421_n.jpg

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Assembled the Terminator. Debating between painting, assembling the captain, or just going to bed.

Edit: I opted for one of the Orks instead.  The first one needed some back up with all the 'umies around.  That and I've settled on a name for my Ork forces... da VizzaGoffs.  Probably not the first person to think of that, but I think it's clever.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
8 people like this

No progress since Friday.  Was playing Fallout 4 instead of fixing things around the house and today was groceries and college assignments.

4 people like this

On 5/5/2017 at 9:18 PM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Assembled the Terminator. Debating between painting, assembling the captain, or just going to bed.

Edit: I opted for one of the Orks instead.  The first one needed some back up with all the 'umies around.  That and I've settled on a name for my Ork forces... da VizzaGoffs.  Probably not the first person to think of that, but I think it's clever.

If anyone else has thought of it, I can't find it on a quick google search...

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, David Brawley said:

If anyone else has thought of it, I can't find it on a quick google search...

I claim primacy then. :)  (I now I feel the need for a barbarian emoticon)

4 people like this

The Space Marines are assembled. Finished the Captain and Dreadnought last night.

4 people like this

Not a hobby goal for the month, but I agreed to drill out the hands for a bunch of 28mm historics for a friend.  I like the Footsore Minis lines, and they are great people, but drilling out the hands is kind of a pain.  Got all 26 done - now I just have to do the same for mine. 

5 people like this

On 5/8/2017 at 11:17 AM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

I claim primacy then. :)  (I now I feel the need for a barbarian emoticon)

^_^ It's such a perfect name!

My May Goals are a desperate race to finish off stuff I want to get done before my trip (going to be gone a month or so with my son as his graduation present, although I intend to paint as much as possible it's a lot harder on the road!)

I'm working on -

10 tankbustas (conversions from boyz and a couple boxes of lootas) - hoping to get 5 done at least

3 Trukks (almost done, finishing some weathering)

2 Hedgehoglings (STILL >< argh something always seems to get pushed to the back burner)

? Boyz

other Frostgrave bits as I can (I still have the reaper treasures, unpainted, which I'd like to paint for certain as we're def taking Frostgrave on the road to play)

And I just got in over 20 I think it is dwarves from one of my Kickstarters... I'm worried I won't be at home when the Reaper Bones III arrives :( I expect my husband will freak out when he sees how many minis I 'bought' lol

3 people like this

I assembled two more of the 'boyz last night.  Slow, but making progress.  Eight more boyz, five Nobs, the Warboss, and a DeffKopta to go.

2 people like this

I'm adding more than I'm getting done. I've done a mini that isn't the goblin pyros and started a second. Then husband asked me to paint 2 more on top of that for Saturday next week. Then if Bones III shows up which may (fingers crossed) happen I'll be painting up some giants very very quickly.

5 people like this

Still in my drawing process - Gesture, Structure, Anatomy. So much to learn, but it helps breaking it down into chunks from different methods and rotating through the phases to keep it fresh. Also still having a focus on proportions, working on Loomis' abstractions because he usually includes a proportional scale on each page to work from.

I do need to get canvas painting some more, I'd like to paint something over the summer before the next portrait class...

Studio has been set up for still life and I've done some basic geometric practice in there.

Started to organize the mini painting desk, so hopefully the workbench will be fired up soon!

6 people like this

Try & motivate myself back into hobbies. I had a mishap a couple weeks ago & it kinda zapped the fun out of it from me. I'm hoping too that maybe a table cleaning might help as well. It's kinda getting out of hand as far as workspace goes.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

The Orks now have some air support. Finished the DeffKopta, but will need to putty some gaps.  Now I have to remember where I put it and hope it's still good.

2 people like this