Generic Fighter

May 2017 Hobby Goals!

65 posts in this topic

4/5 bones figures done this month, 

Kingdom of death "Mountain Man" is basecoated 

purchased a small display case (3 levels, sits on table) 

4 people like this

And I decided to start base coating one of the marine.  HD Solid Blue seems to be working.

3 people like this

So far:

- 2/3 of LTPK minis are painted.  The third one is about 60% complete

- 2 minis from my Warmachine battle box are complete, one is 50%, the other is primed and curing.

I'm still waiting on a shipment from Reaper so I can't start my Pathfinder mini until it gets here, but I am excited that it's on it's way.

4 people like this

On 5/1/2017 at 4:57 AM, Generic Fighter said:

--Complete at least 1 D&D Mini for GenCon DDM Guild Prize Support.

--Complete or make major Progress on at least 2 Mini-Minions for the Max's Minions Podcast.

--Paint something else just for fun!

So, updates on my progress on these goals.

--Made progress on several D&D Minis for GenCon. The Trihorn Behemoth still needs a lot of work and I just started the Fire Giantess with Hammer, so she likely won't be done soon. Did a bit of glazing on the Planetar Angel and glued it to its Flying stand. I might seal it soon.

--Finished and sealed Dawg the Ranger. Working on Dogs I and IV at the moment. Thinking of doing Kildrick or Bullock next. Also, deciding where to take Stasi Xen Plan C from here.

--Decided to do some of my Stonehaven Orcs for fun. Either finish up my Half-Orc Monk or work on the Spellblade.

So, how is everyone else's progress?

GF

5 people like this

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, Baldur8762 said:

My Hobby Goals for this month are:

1) Finish LTPK2: Still have 2 minis to go from that.

2)Clean, Assemble, Prime and Paint the rest of my Warmachine Protectorate Battlegroup: 3 minis

3) Paint my mini for new Pathfinder campaign starting in 2 weeks.

4) Try and get better at basing.

Update on my Goals for May:

I finished the entire Learn to Paint kit! That was a wonderful and enjoyable learning experience and I feel so much more confident.

I am 3/4ths through by Warmachine Battlegroup.  Only one more to go, which I expect to do by the end of May, but after the last one I did, I need a break from that colour scheme!

Received the Pathfinder mini, but have not started it yet.

I don't know how one would quantify improvement with basing, but I think I am improving!  My most recent attempt looked very nice actually.

5 people like this

I finished the elf rogue I had been working on, and I almost finished a female gnome I speedpainted this Sunday.  I call that a win.

5 people like this

My hobby goal for this month was 10 minis. im at 6 so far. Besides my big project, that i dont want to put time on. It will get finished when it gets done

3 people like this

On 5/1/2017 at 8:23 AM, Rahz said:

Goals for May are simple: 

• Clean desk as my working space has shrunk to almost non-existence.  
  • Finish 3 more Dark Plague Abominations (Troll, Wolf and Alpha).
  • Have another crack at Cinder's base (new version or existing still to be decided).
  • Prep clockwork dragon for paint (next month) and figure out a base.

Sooo....

No desk cleaning has happened.

Troll abomination is almost done, other 2 are untouched.

Cinder's base lies forgotten

Clockwork Dragon has been washed and assembled as has it's sibling the Shadow Dragon (Each of my kids picked a dragon they want me to paint up to decorate their bedrooms)

Fair bit of work done on BrokenToad's Sail Away bust

Not exactly on track but a decent amount of time hobbying was had and there's still a week to go! 

3 people like this

House repairs and cleaning have taken over.  Though I have taken to going through some really old White Dwarf magazines in the evening.

5 people like this

I don't think I'm going to get all the Boyz and Nobz assembled by tomorrow evening.

2 people like this

On 5/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, SparrowMarie said:

I'm adding more than I'm getting done. I've done a mini that isn't the goblin pyros and started a second. Then husband asked me to paint 2 more on top of that for Saturday next week. Then if Bones III shows up which may (fingers crossed) happen I'll be painting up some giants very very quickly.

I haven't finished the goblin pyros but those have to go on the back burner since I now have the giants and have started them. It turns out that Husband didn't need those other minis after all. So I've started a WIP for the first half of the giants and hope to have at least 1 of 4 done by Sunday at the latest.

3 people like this

It's a bit late into May, but my June 2017 hobby goals are:

1) Finish my 11 ogre warband (will update in the WIP section)

2) Start on ANY other Bones III mini.

If I can get the ogres done, I will be happy!

5 people like this

I got most of my goals done for May. I didn't finish the Warmachine battle group, I just lost motivation to paint the same colour scheme again for a  fourth consecutive week. I did the entire Learn To Paint Kit, I worked on my basing techniques and I painted up my Pathfinder mini.  I am going to call May a hobby success.  Now...onward to June!

3 people like this

I'm not going to get anything done tonight, but I am pleased in that even though I didn't get all the models assembled, I did make very good progress.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 5/2/2017 at 5:27 AM, Rob Dean said:

I'm still working on the 1/72 Vikings, but I was also stripping the paint on some more old Minifigs elves and Rohirrim.  My near term goal is to get the Viking war bands (36 figures, of which I've got 11) finished, and start into the mid-range project, which is two Dragon Rampant bands built entirely out of Minifigs 1973 Mythical Earth figures.  I have one convention and probably one business trip this month, both of which can limit painting (although I do take paint on the business trip).

So, here on the last day of the month, I can say that I got a dozen Vikings based, a token couple of MEs and an unexpected swarm of rats...

I guess we'll call in a marginal victory, and next month it will be more of the same, plus some Bones 3...

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74715-rats/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74716-172-scale-plastic-vikings/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74717-veteran-miniatures/

Edited by Rob Dean
1 person likes this