Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

846 posts in this topic

Just now, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 9th of May:  All things Bones KS edition!  Did you pledge for any of the Bones Kickstarters?  If so, which one(s)?  If you are waiting on Bones 3, do you have a storage solution ready for their imminent arrival?  Do you plan on pledging for Bones IV?  Can you ever have "enough" Bones?

Yes, all the bones! I have a box for them. Yes. No.

8 people like this

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 9th of May:  All things Bones KS edition!  Did you pledge for any of the Bones Kickstarters?  If so, which one(s)?  If you are waiting on Bones 3, do you have a storage solution ready for their imminent arrival?  Do you plan on pledging for Bones IV?  Can you ever have "enough" Bones?

All except cav 2

Storage, nope

Bones IV I would need to see what they offer. Pretty certain I would be in for atleast an add on or two.

6 people like this

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Yes, all of them so far.

I am waiting, and no... there is no solution yet planned... :wacko:  I think Maal might get my side of the bed. :unsure: Glad I only got one of him...

Yes... Yes I'm sure I will join in on Bones IV. Really at this point, most of us should probably just get a Bonesium IV hooked up...

Hamsters have 124 bones in their body... I have many many 20 more than that in Bones outside of my body, but probably not enough to cover my body, so if I'm going to completely coat myself in Bones, creating an exoskeleton I'm gonna need more. And to get the cool crests and horns and stuff, gonna need more than that... so no, there is never enough.

8 people like this

5 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Yes, I did.

All of them to date.

Kinda sorta not really.

Yes.

I already have enough Bones, but there's nothing wrong with aspiring to have a higher order of 'enough'.::P:

8 people like this

8 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I pledged Bones II and III.  I am not ready for their arrival at all.  I was recently cleaning and rearranging things in my house to make room for a new roommate and discovered a bunch of stuff I should probably just sell off.

8 people like this

Yes, 1,2, and 3. Sure, they get put with the other unpainted minis. Not sure, we'll see. Perhaps, but if so it hasn't happened yet.

8 people like this

5/9: I've pledged for Bones I, II, and III.  Waiting for B3, don't really have a storage solution, so they'll end up in boxes in the basement with the other unpainted minis...I really need to come up with a cat-resistant solution for my mini collection.  I'm likely going to pledge for B4...if they're focusing more on terrain now, it's going to be hard to resist.  You can only ever have 20 Bones, so, no, you can never have "enough".

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I was tempted on Bones I and II but money was tight at the time, so didn't.  Completely missed Bones III (was a weird, busy time in my life).  As for Bones IV, yeah, I plan to pledge.  :)

7 people like this

Yes, bones 1, 2, and 3.

storage... Um, can I get back to you on that?

Been saving my allowance all year for the bones iv.  Well, that and the dwarvenite addiction.

enough bones? hmm... While the expansion of the bones collection is quite rapid, it does not appear to exceed the pace of the expansion of the bones desire.  I think they will both drop off at some point to sustainable levels, while always remaining apart.  The bigger worry is the fluctuation in the proportion of the collection that is painted. However, my calculations show... Oh, never mind, just bring em on!

7 people like this

Pledged for all three plus CAV I. Currently the first two (mostly unpainted, of course) are in a big box (except for the boxed sets) and roughly sorted by type. I expect that Bones III will be the same when it arrives.

As to Bones IV, I haven't decided. I would have expected Bones III to run better than it did, given the experience that Reaper has, but I haven't seen the progress I would have hoped for. To some extent, my decision will be driven by how much better the materials in III are than those in previous projects. In the end, there's a pretty good chance I'll back, just because the deal will look good at the time, but time-value-of-money issues have become more obvious with each project.

7 people like this

10 hours ago, Pingo said:

"Online window shopping" is a pretty common hobby.

I definitely do that, but it is a dangerous hobby.

It's just a few mouse clicks between "ooh, wouldn't that be nice" and "where did all my money go?" :upside:

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I backed II and III. Storage, what's storage? I'd need to rearrange the whole apartment to accomplish that. I do have an empty set of drawers in which I may move all the unpainted minis I have as well as Bones III, we'll see. I definitely plan on pledging for Bones IV despite needing to pay for other large things like our honeymoon... but with the pledge manager it should all even out over time.

6 people like this

I pledged for I, II, and III. I am working on consolidating all my art supplies anyway in an effort to declutter my apartment and hopefully be ready to move in the near future. I paint very slowly, so my mini input to output ratio is skewed. I don't plan on backing Bones IV due to an overwhelmingly huge amount of Bones already. In fact I'm on a hiatus from purchasing minis at the moment until I can paint more of what I already have. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pledged on 3, no plans for storage right now.

Not sure if I'll do more... maybe the larger models, but the few Bones I've painted have left me meh. I prefer metal.

Edited by Aryanun
7 people like this

I backed Bones I, II, and III, as well as CAV. 

I did not back CAV II, or Base Boss.

I can honestly say that I have no idea where to store my rewards for Bones III. I am currently counting on the fact that they will come in a convenient corrugated cardboard box. (Heck, half of my rewards from Bones II are still in the box they shipped in! ::P:)

Will I back Bones IV? Probably. There are certainly going to be rewards that will tempt me into it. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I already have more Bones than I can paint in the next 50 years, and I would have to be lucky to live that long. What will I pledge for? Hard to say, but I'm definitely starting with a lower limit than I did for Bones III.

9 people like this