Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

847 posts in this topic

The last RPG I played was D&D 5E Adventure League at International Tabletop Day.  My Rogue managed to win a gladiatorial battle, poison a gladiator, avoid an avalanche and defeat elemental cultists.  Good times. 

My last video game (other than phone games which I don't count) would have to be Skyrim, about a year ago.  I haven't been video gaming much as my computer was long in the tooth (and is now dead).  I have not finished as I must complete all of the quests! (except the main storyline quests)

The last board game I played was Lords of Waterdeep, twice last weekend.  I brought it to play at the board game auction I attended.  Managed to have a four player game on Saturday and a two person game on Sunday.  I lost both game, but had a blast anyways.

Last party game would have been Cards Against Humanity at a crawfish boil last month.

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 10th of May:  What was the last RPG you played?  Last video game?  Last board/party game?  How did you enjoy it and did you have a good time?

RPG: Pathfinder two weeks ago.  It was the first session of a new group and mostly we just worked on our pc's.  Can't wait to actually get into this weekend.

Video Game: Shadow of Mordor, 2 days ago.  VERY excited about the upcoming sequel and decided to go back and play the first one since it's been a few years since I played. It is still and awesome game.

Board game: It was Pandemic, several months ago. I enjoyed it very much, but I don't play board games that often. 

7 people like this

Question the 10th of May:  What was the last RPG you played?  Last video game?  Last board/party game?  How did you enjoy it and did you have a good time?

Last RPG was a mess of an attempt at a 5e DnD campaign almost a year ago.  I (and a few of my friends) have been burned out on RPGs since.

Last video game was Conan on the Xbox 360, played last night.  My roommate and I picked it up last week for $5, and it is a game that is simply fun.

Last party game was either Coup, Resistance, or Secret Hitler.  Last board game was probably Power Grid.  All within the past week or two.  Good times in all cases there.  

4 people like this

Last RPG: 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons (as a player). I had a great time. I'm very fortunate to have a high percentage of screenwriters and creative storytellers in my D&D group, so when I'm not running the game, I know I'll get to enjoy a great story.

Last video game: Skyrim (Special Edition). I had a pleasant enough experience. I've played so much Skyrim at this point that it can be difficult having a unique storytelling/roleplay experience (I welcome your thoughts and suggestions on unique character builds).

Last board/party game: Probably a game of Rummy. It was fun until it devolved into a lot of shouting and swearing at eachother (some people at the table take their cards more seriously than others).

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

RPG: Rules Cyclopedia edition of D&D, my Stonehell campaign on Sunday. Had a blast!

Video Game: Star Wars Battlefront on my XBox a couple of weeks ago. It was good to shoot some imperial troopers. 

Last Party Game: Crabs Adjust Humidity 3 weeks ago. Oh yeah... 

Last Board Game: ... I can't remember... probably?

6 people like this

RPG: D&D5E with Pezler, so that was embarassingly several weeks ago.

Videogame: Breath of the Wild
Board game: Sushi something or other, I think it was around my birthday?

Party Game: Jackbox something or other.

Did I have a good time, yes. But then again, it's pretty hard to ruin gametime.

4 people like this

Technically the last RPG was Iron Kingdoms, though I do have a current Iron Kingdoms game and a current Pathfinder game that I am running (I'm a player in the IK). 

Last video game was Destiny.

Last board game would be Witch of Salem.

In each of the above instances I thoroughly enjoyed them.  Witch of Salem is probably my least favorite of the above but it gets the added bonus of my wife plays, so there's that.  :)

4 people like this

5/10: Last Tabletop RPG I played was D&D 5E, last Thursday; I will be playing Pathfinder this Thursday (I have two campaigns, alternating Thursdays, it's nice).  Last Video Game: Diablo III a couple days ago.  I've been playing through again with a Season 10 character.  Last Board Game: the D&D Tile Game: Temple of Elemental Evil, that was on the 28th of April.

4 people like this

Lasr RPG:  Dungeon World, as GMed by my daughter, with the other players being the twins.  It was nearly derailed by the younger twin, who for no apparent motive played a wizard who would not use his spells, and would back away from and ignore encounters.

Last video game:  Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  Not one clue how far I am into the game; I have unlocked about a third of the map, but haven't explored those areas much.  On mobile devices, it's Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and will almost always be that.

Last board game:  Munchkin.  Huh.  Gotta fix that.

4 people like this

The last RPG I played was an AD&D adventure in the Greyhawk setting. It was the 10th or 11th of June in 1997.

I don't remember much of the game; re, my hearing loss had reached a point that following the story was difficult.

Sorry I haven't done any of the previous questions. They either were out of my frame of reference or the answers would have been more negative than I would have liked them to be...there's already too much negativity in this World.

5 people like this

Last RPG: Robotech in 1998

Last Video Game: Fallout 4, This past Saturday.

Last Board/Party Game: Played Monopoly on the XBox with the kids a couple weeks ago.  (I'm counting it more as a board game than video game, we're really just letting the machine handle all the administrative stuff.) An actual physical game, not sure...it's been while.  Dug out my OGRE box a few months ago.

4 people like this

Last RPG: Labyrinth Lord running homebrew scenarios in my homebrew world.

Last Video Game: The Witcher 3

Last Board/Party Game: Clue

Fun was had on all of them. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

RPG: that would be the back to back pathfinder games the kids ran as game masters for myself and each other about a month ago.  First time for the younger digit.  I notice in their first stints in the GM seat both kids liked to give away random useless stuff for treasure (do they get that from me?) and place clever traps that they then make obvious or won't set off until you find it.  This was the third go around for the elder digit and it was very atmospheric and creepy.  Gonna have to keep an eye on that one.

video game: myself, probably Bravely Default on the 2ds about 4 months ago.  

Board/party: Friday night at a spontaneous gathering got to play codenames and a couple other quick big group games (timelines and over/under) with friends.  

The weekend before included Dominion with the family.

Lots of warm fuzzies all around.

Edited by InvisibleThumb
Fun? Yes.
6 people like this

Last RPG was last Saturday:  Played Shadow of the Demon Lord and it was a heck of a lot of fun.  Also ran my Pathfinder game for two of my four players, which was harder, but still okay. 

Last video game was last night for a little bit:  Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Wii U.  It's the first real video game I've played and enjoyed in 12 years.  (Yes, there was something wrong with me, don't judge, and no, I don't have a switch and don't intend on purchasing one for a long time). 

Last party ish game?  I played the Star Wars LCG from Fantasy Flight for the first time, and made an Empire Deck (I even included my favorite ship, the Assault Gunboats).  Lost a bunch, but, in the last game, the Empire crushed the silly Rebellion with overwhelming force. 

4 people like this

Let's see....

I got together with some friends to play a D&D 5th Adventurer's League scenario on Monday evening, so that was my last RPG session. Was it fun? I'll be honest, it was fun hanging out with my friends on Monday, but the scenario itself was pretty disappointing, which seems to happen with about half the DDAL games I play. The story line was very confused, and the DM essentially had to lead us around to the various plot points.

The last board game was a round of "Bootleggers", from the Kickstarter reprint. That game is almost always entertaining, and I definitely had fun. 

5 people like this