Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

1090 posts in this topic

Main Street Pizzeria and Taphouse, Sparta, NC. Good food, good brews, good cigars and good looking waitresses.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 15th of May:  What is your most recent, favorite place to eat?

Most recent - McDonald's ::(:

Favorite - any number of Chinese /Thai /Japanese restaurants. 

4 people like this

5/15: Most recently added to my queue of personal favorites is a sushi place called 7 Nana Japanese Steakhouse in the town of Billerica, MA (town is pronounced Bill-rick-ah, if you want to not sound like an out of towner).  They have hibachi grills for doing the fancy Japanese live cooking stuff, and I'm sure that's great...but the real win of the place is the made-to-order all-you-can-eat sushi...Pretty good quality sushi, and various Japanese and Chinese appetizers, as much as you can eat and made when you order it.  It's become a favorite date-night for my wife and me.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Grimaldi's Italian restaurant in Syracuse, New York.

It's in a weird location in a little dead-end by a highway interchange.  Their food is amazingly good.  I mean, amazingly fantastically good.

My family has made cross-state detours on cross-country trips just to eat there.

8 people like this

My new favorite restaurant is The Seehund; German Pub & Restaurant in New London CT.  Great beer selection and their food is fabulous.  I had the schnitzel yesterday, while Awesome Wife had knockwurst.  She also said that they had the best pretzel she has had since 1986 (when she spent several months in Germany).  Plus the Seehund has been the host for our last two Drinking and Dragons sessions.

9 people like this

If it wouldn't kill me, I'd order from this Chinese takeout place in town every day.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lonestar Cheeseburger Company.  It's a burger truck here in San Angelo.  Awesome. Freaking. Burgers.  However, I don't eat there much anymore since I stopped eating out as often last year.  On par with that is another food truck (can't remember the name at the moment), but they do bulgogi street tacos with kimchi.

10 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My new favorite restaurant is The Seehund; German Pub & Restaurant in New London CT.  Great beer selection and their food is fabulous.  I had the schnitzel yesterday, while Awesome Wife had knockwurst.  She also said that they had the best pretzel she has had since 1986 (when she spent several months in Germany).  Plus the Seehund has been the host for our last two Drinking and Dragons sessions.

That sounds awesome.  I wish there were someplace closer than Fredericksburg, TX for me to get my German food fix.  Aside from me cooking that is.  I could really go for a good jaegerschnitzel.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
11 people like this

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

IHOP. Not for their pancakes, though those are pretty good, but for their steak tips. The waitresses there know us. :huh:

10 people like this

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Rein's New York Deli in Vernon, CT. Anytime I'm heading SW, I try and arrange a stop at Rein's. Then I try and arrange a stop at Rein's on the way home.

8 people like this

34 minutes ago, etherial said:

Rein's New York Deli in Vernon, CT. Anytime I'm heading SW, I try and arrange a stop at Rein's. Then I try and arrange a stop at Rein's on the way home.

Really?  that only 30 minutes from me.  I now have a new place to try.

9 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Anyplace someone else is buying!::D:

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse. It has locations in New York and Florida, so kinda sorta not really a chain. The food there is incredible! It's a little pricey, so it's usually reserved for our anniversary dinner.

10 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

It's called Aloha Poke. We went there randomly after we couldn't decide on what we wanted to eat so when we settled that's where we went and it was amazing.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 5/13/2017 at 9:17 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Tell a little something of someone you admire or hold dear that exemplifies how awesome they are (or were).

@Reaperbryan because of all he does, what he puts up with, and how he manages to not just remain one of the most awesome people ever, but stands up as a role model for others.

Christopher Reeve, who showed he truly was Superman in his heart. Even after his injury, he did not stop. He lobbied for those with spinal cord injuries, for stem cell research, founded a foundation named for himself that is dedicated to finding treatments and cures for paralysis other neurological disorders and works to improve the lives of the disabled, and co-founded the Reeve-Irvine Research Center which is trying to find ways neorological damage can be repaired.

Finally, I admire and hold dear my two boys. They have tough challenges. My youngest faces them with an attitude of "I laugh in your face," and when he's on his meds you'd never know how challenging his ADHD is. My eldest is different. He knows his ADHD/Autism affects him and makes him different, but he works hard to fit in while still hanging on to the pieces that make him who he is. In many ways he's a typical 13 year old, still trying to find his way. They are learning to advocate for themselves, which is a skill they'll need in the adult world.

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Used to be Delaware Subs. Loved the peppers they'd put ob their subs. They've unfortunately changed their menu, and roast beef is no longer an option.

Now, I have no specific favorite. :down:

Edited by Aryanun
11 people like this

Just now, Aryanun said:

@Reaperbryan because of all he does, what he puts up with, and how he manages to not just remain one of the most awesome people ever, but stands up as a role model for others.

After spending the last hour dealing with KS backers who apparently couldn't be bothered at any time in the previous 19 MONTHS to fill out their pledges (PM was open for 9 months. Then, for the 10 month period following that, we opened a private instance of the PM for each backer that contacted us having missed the first 9 months) and having to tell all of them that it is too late, we've already sent out over 2,000 orders and I cannot take the chance that you adding one more order* to the stack will upset our planning and cause cascading supply problems across 3 warehouses, am in no mood to be ANYBODY's role model. I want to smash things with the heaviest sledgehammer I can find. Right now, if i was in the Arena with Thor and Hulk, I'd feel confident I could take them. Honestly, at the moment, I think I could dominate the entire red lantern Corps. 

I'm a little irritated.

*(over two dozen "one more orders") Because it's not JUST YOU, Random KS Backer who sat for nearly two years and DID NOTHING. It's all of your spiritual cousins who also did nothing and care nothing for whether you upset the apple cart as long as you get to simultaneously ignore directions and also still get your way.

22 people like this

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

as far as things that have multiple locations, taqueria los gueros, they have a very good pastor burrito.

5 people like this