Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

979 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

The local IHOP I go to does a good job of making the hash browns fluffy, not greasy. I love potatoe.

Do you put tomato ketchup on the hash browns? (I drown the red potatos in ketchup...)

2 people like this

Question the 15th of May:  What is your most recent, favorite place to eat?

I visit a lot of restaurants, and I like to cook.

A little while ago we dined with friends in the Dutch city of Tilburg, restaurant is named Taste.

Awesome dinner, the food tastes and looks like it came out a Masterchef show.

Will return there one day!!

8 people like this

My first job I worked as a dietary aide for a retirement home. It was 1989 and I had just turned 16. I remember it real clear, it was a pretty emotional job for being so young. The pay was good for a person of my age then but the older people never got better like they do in a hospital and then sometimes they would pass away. It was hard cause some of the people I made friends with and I would talk to them and listen to their stories, and then the next day they wouldn't be here anymore. 

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sympathy like there tjrez. That's rough ::(:

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Do you put tomato ketchup on the hash browns? (I drown the red potatos in ketchup...)

Eww! No. I've actually become a ketchup snob. I don't use it much anymore, because I discovered how yummy BBQ sauce tastes on French fries. But I've always preferred hash browns and roasted potatoes with just a bit of salt and pepper and nothing else.

Though, hubby recently introduced me to the wonder that is stuffed hash browns. Omg... soooo! yummy!

Edited by redambrosia
Auto corrupt
7 people like this

Question the 16th of May: What is one type of food that you wish was more available in your local area?

8 people like this

13 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 16th of May: What is one type of food that you wish was more available in your local area?

Rabbit

5 people like this

16 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I wish that there were more Middle Eastern restaurants in the area.  I could really go for some authentic kebobs.  there used to be one a few doors down from Daughter Dilvish's school (well more of a gyro place), but they closed before I had a chance to try them

6 people like this

Weirdly enough, fried chicken.

There are many KFCs in the Denver area... but I don't really LIKE KFC, preferring Popeye's or Church's... and while they can be found, it takes a bit of driving. As opposed to pho joints, which can be found by flinging a rock a hundred yards in a random direction.

8 people like this

6 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

In my immediate area, like, 5-10 minutes from my house? Anything besides Mr. Gatti's Pizza and Mc Donald's. They closed the Sonic. That's about all we have except for Scary Subway.

A little further there's more, and still further there's lots if we feel like battling traffic.

I'd love a place where they don't play music so loud that people are battling with it and other diners just to have a dinner conversation... this occurs not just at places where it's sort of expected (with a full, big bar in the middle like in Cheers) but in places like steakhouses or higher end restaurants where you'd take a date. Such loudness raises my anxiety. <_<

6 people like this

53 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Ethiopian/East African cuisine.  Preferably from a food cart.  Peanut stew over injera with a side of lentils.  Mmm.  

8 people like this

58 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Cheesesteak. It's not too hard to find mediocre cheesesteak sandwiches, but good ones? Not so much.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

A good Italian place.  Unfortunately the closest thing we have is a couple of pizza places.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thai, there used to be one really good Thai restaurant near my parents' house, but they closed. now all I have is Chinese restaurants that claim to do thai, and get it wrong.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
6 people like this

A good Spanish restaurant.  

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'm good... I'm not sure there's a cuisine that I could think of that I couldn't get at an amazing level of quality. One of the biggest advantages of living in NYC.

10 people like this