Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

856 posts in this topic

I've got three four on my list:

GenCon: I've wanted to go ever since I first read about it in an ad n Dragon Magazine

DragonCon: Some of my favorite authors have set stories there, and things that I have read make it seem like it would be a good time.  It may have gotten too big for me to really enjoy it though.

Salute: I almost had a chance to go to this a couple of years ago.  I was in Scotland for work and had the weekend of the con off.  Unfortunately there was no easy way (without spending an elf ton of money) of taking a train from Point A to Point B.

Adepticon: I would love to be able to see some of the Crystal Brush entries in person.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

I always wanted to go to the Cannabis cup in Holland and Adepticon.

Edited by Tjrez
3 people like this

57 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 17th of May:  What is one (or more) event/convention that haven't been to yet, but always wanted to go to?

Reapercon
Being a European makes this a very costly trip. Hopefully my new job will be able to at least make it possible.
Some of the bigger tabletop cons could be interesting as well but the events at Reapercon just speak to me more.

Salute still requires a trip by plane, but it is still inside Europe (no matter what the English claim) so it is quite affordable and the short duration makes it a weekend trip, so no need for vacation.

If only I did not forget about it until the weekend it ran, for the last 3 years.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 17th of May:  What is one (or more) event/convention that haven't been to yet, but always wanted to go to?

I think it'd be fun to attend Burning Man or Holi. 

5 people like this

Yeah VitM ... i forgot bout burning man. That would be something to experience for sure.

4 people like this

DragonCon in the 90s was awesome!

So much so that Gen Con 09 suffered by the comparison...

Sweden Rocks would be pretty cool too...

I'll get those tickets CW, you get the Wacken ones....:blink:

4 people like this

18 hours ago, klarg1 said:

While it's nowhere near NYC, where @David Brawley lives, I live in an urban area with a lot of food options, and am within easy mass-transit distance of the nearest major city. There are a lot of things I would kinda-sorta like to see within a 10-15 minute walk of my home, but it feels strange to complain. I mean, why does the good Korean place have to be 20 minutes away, on foot. Why can't it be 10, like the friendly Mediterranean place? ::P: #NotEvenFirstWorldProblems

I wouldn't argue with a 20 minute transit time for authentic Korean food.  Heck, once a month I drive 45 minutes one-way to a brewery.

GenCon, just once so I can say I've been.  But it's close enough to family that they'd ask me for years why I didn't come visit them.

7 people like this

ReaperCon.  I've been to GenCon and I will not go back.  Not my idea of a good Con.  Too spread out and too many people.

5 people like this

I used to go to conventions for work (GenCon, Origins, Historicon, GAMA show) and I've been to quite a few gaming and literary SF cons on my own hook. I feel no desire to go back to most of them. But I'd like to go to World Model Expo. Which is in Chicago this year, so not impossible, but I don't think it will work out for me.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

It might be nice to go to a ReaperCon just to meet some of the Forum Folk. I don't think I'm the convention type however.

7 people like this

ReaperCon. Any comic con.

7 people like this

Question the 17th of May:  What is one (or more) event/convention that [you've not] been to yet, but always wanted to go to?

There's one called Texicon I have always missed out on.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't usually think about going to conventions or concerts because I'm generally not comfortable around people, but I'm honestly looking forward to going to Reapercon this year.

Edited by hiddenone32
7 people like this

I'd like to go to Adepticon, at least once. All the reports sound like fun.

I'd also like to go to one, or more, European cons one day. Salute would be fun; so would Spiel Essen.

Weirdly, I have also never been to Temple Con, in spite of living not all that far away from where it is held. Maybe next year.

6 people like this

Really any mediumish sized con would be neat to see.  But crowds are not my thing usually.  

Paizocon - wouldn't mind revisiting the NW area - though I'd probably have so much else to do that I might only scratch the surface of the con itself.

Reapercon - I have relatives in Fort Worth area I'd love to visit, if only it weren't in October.  It's hard to get away that time of year.

99% of vacations/travel for us is all about visiting family.

5 people like this