Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

978 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

What is the next release that you are eagerly awaiting? (could be a movie, book, video game, miniature, toy, board game or all of the above?)  Why are you eagerly awaiting it?

Roger Waters has a new album coming out next month.  Looking forward to that.  Neal Stephenson has a new novel coming out in mid-June, and I am looking forward to that.  Trying not to look forward to Spider-Man or Wonder Woman too much, lest I be disappointed yet again.  Looking forward to Bones IV and the next Blood & Plunder KS as well.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

What is the next release that you are eagerly awaiting? (could be a movie, book, video game, miniature, toy, board game or all of the above?)  Why are you eagerly awaiting it?

Frostgrave Ulterior Motives. Because it's there. And I must have it. :poke:

5 people like this

Oathbringer, the third novel in Brandon Sanderson's epic fantasy series. It's coming out in November, and I CAN'T WAIT! :wow: I've been looking forward to the next 1,000+ page edition to his Stormlight Archive series for a few years now, so yeah I'm pretty stoked for it. ^_^

Also Bones 3 and 4, obviously, and like Baldur, the next Elder Scrolls game. :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

7 people like this

Patrick Rothfuss' 3rd book...

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Patrick Rothfuss' 3rd book...

Does he have someone to take over his 3rd book (like Robert Jordan) when it's not finished 40 years from now? :devil:

Though that reminds me that I'm eagerly waiting for the next book in the Cinder Spires series, Peace Talks (Dresden #16), and the next book in the Gentleman Bastards series (we'll see whether that makes it through the nanny filter).

ETA: It did! ^_^

Edited by Doug Sundseth
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Looks like Sense8 Season 2 (which dropped recently) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 3 (which dropped today) have just beaten out Bones III. The former is probably the best show on TV right now and the latter is some serious lighthearted bubblegum entertainment.

Edited by etherial
5 people like this

Not sure, but I'll know it when I see it

5 people like this

Bones IV is a big one for me. Non-minaturewise, I'm waiting for Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition (or Ultimate Edition, whatever they want to call it) so that I can finally buy a PS4 to play it.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, warlordgarou said:

Neal Stephenson has a new novel coming out in mid-June, and I am looking forward to that.  

Okay, that got me to perk up.  I really enjoyed Seveneves, so I'm curious what the next genre blend will be...

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Frostgrave Ulterior Motives. Because it's there. And I must have it. :poke:

Was gonna say "jungle grave" or whatever it's called.  Now must look this up.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Bones 3 delivery, Bones 4 launch, Thor.

6 people like this

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The next big poker tournament I can get to and hopefully win. I am due for a big payday.

Oh and I guess my Bones 3 stuff too. Forgot all about it. :P

6 people like this

7 minutes ago, InvisibleThumb said:

Was gonna say "jungle grave" or whatever it's called.  Now must look this up.

Nickstarter currently in process.

7 people like this

On 5/18/2017 at 5:24 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 18th of May: How many projects do you generally have going at once?  Are you a start to finish of one type; do you work on multiple projects at a time; work on some, abandon them and then pick them back up years later?

Nothing.

Honestly my life is on hold until June 9th, when I take my road test. I pass, I'm ReaperCon bound. I fail, I won't be going. We have to schedule road tests, and they're booked pretty solid 3 months in advance. Can't book beyond 3 months, and September is too late to guarantee the classes I want and, honestly, I'd be pretty disheartened if I fail.

So... yeah.

6 people like this

Bones 3 Delivery.

non minis: probably the next borderlands game.

8 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Games: Bones III to arrive and IV to be announced

Movies: Starwars VIII

Books: Rothfus' next King Killer book, Lynch's next Gentlemen Bastards book

TV: Game of Thrones season 7 - because season 6 ended really amazingly

3 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Besides that, the only other thing I am eagerly awaiting for is the next Elder Scrolls series announcement. I can go back and play Skyrim for 1000 more hours, but it has been almost six years and I really want a new one. On the day they announce that, I will jump and cheer and then probably cry because it would be another 3 years before it was available.

Remember what they did with Fallout 4, they only announced it a few months before it delivered.

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Does he have someone to take over his 3rd book (like Robert Jordan) when it's not finished 40 years from now? :devil:

Though that reminds me that I'm eagerly waiting for the next book in the Cinder Spires series, Peace Talks (Dresden #16), and the next book in the Gentleman Bastards series (we'll see whether that makes it through the nanny filter).

ETA: It did! ^_^

Rothfus got too distracted by sudden fame and keeps getting pulled in to other projects. Lynch has almost crippling anxiety issues that make his writing extremely difficult for him. We'll get these books eventually :unsure:

8 people like this