Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

891 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

All of them.  I rarely finish one without starting something else while waiting for paint to dry.  Or there's "let's get all these assembled then put them in the cabinet or on the table never to be touched for months (years in some cases)."

A man after my own heart. Not so many unassembled minis here but hundreds with no paint or just a primer job.

I've been waiting for Rothfuss' book for so long I forget about it often. I'm also waiting for continuations of the Dresden Files and Destroyermen series. I'm waiting for Xcom 2 to get cheaper so I feel less guilty when I buy it.

Edited by Zink
5 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

What is the next release that you are eagerly awaiting? (could be a movie, book, video game, miniature, toy, board game or all of the above?)  Why are you eagerly awaiting it?

There's so many things.

Minis: Bones 3 delivery is the most imminent, Bones 4, Shadows of Brimstone wave 2 is also "coming soontm". I'm excited for Bones 3&4 because, well, you can never have enough Bones(at least I can't). SoB has been coming soontm for quite a while, like years, we have most of it but we're still expecting a very large box of stuff in the somewhat near future. My only hope is that Bones 3 and SoB don't show up on the same day. I don't know what I'd do.

Video games: I haven't been keeping up with video game releases recently so I'm not really sure what's coming out to be excited for.

Books: I'd like to say I'm looking forward to books but I've got so many I haven't read sitting on the shelf I figure I should finish a chunk of those before I buy too many more. My ADD prevents me from really getting excited about reading much anymore which makes me sad ::(:.

TV: The only thing TV wise I was looking forward to was American Gods and it started a few weeks ago. The book is so good that I was really excited to see what they do with it.

7 people like this

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

What is the next release that you are eagerly awaiting? (could be a movie, book, video game, miniature, toy, board game or all of the above?)  Why are you eagerly awaiting it?

The Private Military Contractor sets that Anvil Industries is coming out with next month for their Regiments line. They've already given us a sneak peek of all the heads and a hoodie torso and, let me tell you, it's all very exciting ^_^! As a Post-Apocalypse gamer, I'll now have some fully modular miniatures to enjoy that don't all wear leather, chains, and have mohawks. Also, I've been needing some PMCs for a Sci-Fi game to represent... well... PMCs.

The real reason I'm so eager for the release is that I use to be a PMC back when I was too stupid to know better. I can make a model of myself come next month, albeit more trim, muscular, and unbroken like I was a decade ago :lol:!

5 people like this

I should probably revise my answer to say that at the current moment I am eagerly waiting for the package that's supposed to be showing up at my door today, and I'm wondering why it's not here yet.

6 people like this

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Also Bones 3 and 4, obviously

^This^.  But I'm also a big Star Wars nerd, so Episode 8.  December can't get here quick enough.

Edited by hdclearman
5 people like this

2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Bones 3 delivery, Bones 4 launch, Thor.

Gonna add the Delta Rae concert on Monday!! 

5 people like this

Oh! I almost forgot about the Fallout minis game coming out in November supposedly.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, RouterMike said:

Remember what they did with Fallout 4, they only announced it a few months before it delivered.

I didn't play 4.  I heard mediocre things and while I loved 3 and New Vegas, I have never been super into it.  I am a fantasy person, I like bright, vibrant environments...not depressing post apocalyptic ones. 

5 people like this

Wonder Woman

7 people like this

2 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Bones 3 Delivery.

non minis: probably the next borderlands game.

THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER ONE?! ::o:

:bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

7 people like this

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

There was a time I would eagerly await things, but I grew out of it years ago.  There are plenty of things to enjoy now without dreaming about the future.

5 people like this

I usually have 4 to 6 minis going at a time...

Right now:

Nathvarr 

Blacktongue 

2 minis for my ReaperCon vignette 

Then I also started 3 terrain projects for Frostgrave, 2 bluefoam and 1 smaller plastic pyramids

I also have a bunch of stuff primed, some dating back to the 90s...:blink:

I think there might be a fig or 2 with more than just primer on it, but I have gotten better at finishing what I start....

6 people like this

I anxiously await Charles Stross's next "Laundry" novel, and the Deadlands book that Seanan McGuire wrote; both of these are authors I'll read simply because I almost always find their works to be worth the time and money. And I am faintly irritated that Amazon put them both up for preorder AGES before either of them was due out. 

4 people like this

15 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Movie:  Avengers:  Infinity War (2018).  Yes.  I've been waiting since it was announced.  Before that, I am excited about Thor: Ragnarok, Spider Man: Homecoming, and Black Pather, which all promise to be awesome. 

Miniatures:  Ahem...  a few figures in a certain kickstarter being packed and shipped right now.

Board Game:  Rail Raiders Infinite (overdue :( )  I should also get this year's expansion for Boss Monster...

Right now the other categories are difficult for me to think of something that fits neatly into them.  I don't really play all that many video games (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild seems to be the only video game in 12 years that I enjoy as of late).  Toys:  More Nerf Guns. 

3 people like this

Next release

Hmmmm, quite a bit of things really. Obvious miniature related things but looking forward to Spiderman:Homecoming, SW:LJ, Thor 3 & other not Mickey related Disney films.

Also looking forward this July. That is when Univ of Oregon releases single game tickets! On that note, also looking forward to what time the game will be & what color they want the home crowd to wear as well.

3 people like this