Stared work on this guy finally! 

I sculpted the base myself. I really like that he is slight bending at the knees which made him standing on the stairs i made look more authentic. 

Spoiler

590750dfef104_0HvitrafnBASEstairs.thumb.jpg.4db1f31e173c2137fe12da7fa4931172.jpg

On to the painting!

Texture is the name of the game from this weekend. 

• GW: Vomit Brown (which is like a yellow brown) on the tunic. Several coats until I could not see grey from the primer. 
  • GW: Vomit Brown & Leather White (my favorite paint bottle ::): ) [4:1] - To do some upper highlights on the all the raised areas.
  • Dotting or Stippling with a Mixture: GW Vomit Brown mixed with Walnut brown. So the color was a little darker than the tunic's primary color. 
  • Then stippled or dotted with Walnut brown over THE ENTIRE THING. 
  • After that I did some diluted brown washes pushing into the recesses 
  • and some re-highlighting, re-shadowing, etc etc.

The pants:

• Painted in Leather White
  • highlighted in PURE White
  • washed in Muddy Brown (which is a green brown.)

The bag:

• Painted Royal Purple, highlighted with Leather white then washed in Muddy Brown

1 Hvitrafn Front Texture Tunic.jpg

2 Hvitrafn BACK Texture Tunic amd bag.jpg

• Like 14

Got a little more progress on him: Hair, Fur, Bow, Quiver, belt, knife

The front picture shows a better view of his tunic and the texture I attempted to add.

I tried for a bone handle skinning knife. I thought the quiver looked nice. It's one done yet but I like the two toned.

What do y'all think?

3 Hvitrafn FRONT Fur Quiver Bow hair Belt KNIFE.jpg

4 Hvitrafn BACK Fur Quiver Bow hair.jpg

• Like 10

Oh Fir'a!!!!! Got more done last night. I've been cleaning my desk off and what not so I had plenty of space... what that has to do with this... You'll find out when the package arrives. Muahaha

So I decided to take a crack at the hair "shine" effect. I worked on the skin: Leather white, wasted in a Green wash, dried, Washed in a Reaper flesh wash (which is a red/brown tone) then leather white again with highlights of pure white. Not sure if i'm done but for a table top piece I think it would be fine if called it done.

Quiver and knife: added some free hand stitching. Makes the attempt at the bone handle look better in my opinion. What do y'all think?

591c525b74805_5HvitrafnFRONTHairFACEbelts.jpg.030df41e968b4b670f42aa4038fcfcf2.jpg

591c525c165d0_6HvitrafnBACKHairQuiverKnifesheath.jpg.61953fdbb2d190906afe71a6c04ebd4b.jpg

Edited by Arc 724
and, finally got decent pictures. My lighting situation is not good. But that is changing soon.
  • Like 15

Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

Looking good!

Thank you my friend!

• Like 1

Started working on the base a little while ago and forgot to post it. Turning our better than I thought. As it is I'm leaving but I will probably go back and do more on it later.

Additionally, I did some more detailing bits-n-bobs that you can't really see in the picture. 

THE BASE

• Steps are painted in a Terran Khaki which has this kind of green to it as well.
  • Progressive thin layers until it was solid
  • Vallejo Green Wash over the steps with a focus on pushing toward the "end" of the step.
  • Next, I took a Cloudy Grey and diluted it down and washed it into the recesses of the steps. 
  • Kind of using it as a blending color for the Khaki and Green wash
  • UPPER Steps Base: Cloudy Grey, VLJ German Grey (Reaper does not appear to have an equivalent but the closes match is Stormy grey)
  • Painted in Cloudy Grey then diluted down 3:1 the German Grey and pulled it back to the end of the circle base.
  • Highlights, which are not very visible in this picture: Leather White used to hit the tips of the steps.

7 Hvitrafn FRONT Base plus detailing.jpg

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 9

On 6/2/2017 at 7:37 PM, lexomatic said:

I want to be able to refer back to this.

::): Cool! That reminders me. I need to put a break down of the process for the base. I will add that to the post above. :)

Alright, last photo. This piece is done but I wanted to put in the base.

I added some texture to it. sprinkled on some flocking.  This photo is not great as I want the final show-off ones to display it better.

8 Hvitrafn FRONT BASE .jpg

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 8