Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

Hot Glue Gun Recommendations

I'm thinking of purchasing a Hot Glue Gun and wanted to know if anyone had recommendations and why you like a particular one. 

Thank you!

~Devin

I like that mine has a little kickstand so that when it's hot I can put it down safely.  Mine is a super-basic cheap model, though.  I don't do a ton of hot gluing. 

• Like 2

I used 'em a lot in art school twenty years ago*.  I imagine (I hope) the tech has improved.

I second LittleBluberry's recommendation of a kickstand.  Those things get hot.

I also liked the ones that had trigger feeds, rather than you having to push the glue stick yourself with your thumb.

*Kinda wish I'd kept the giant raven I made out of paper clips.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I like that mine has a little kickstand so that when it's hot I can put it down safely.  Mine is a super-basic cheap model, though.  I don't do a ton of hot gluing. 

Same.

What do you plan on doing with it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Same.

What do you plan on doing with it?

Wargaming group is getting back into the swing of things and terrain parties are soon to ensue. I've seen a very videos of people using them for building some terrain pieces. So I'm doing my research now. ::): 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arc 724 said:

Wargaming group is getting back into the swing of things and terrain parties are soon to ensue. I've seen a very videos of people using them for building some terrain pieces. So I'm doing my research now. ::): 

Then I wouldn't go looking to spend a fortune. Something smallish, with a trigger, and a kickstand. Probably doable for $10-15.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Then I wouldn't go looking to spend a fortune. Something smallish, with a trigger, and a kickstand. Probably doable for $10-15.

I think you're right cause I was about to spend about 20+ dollars on a "professional Grade". I think I should not. LOL.

Thanks everyone one. Good stuff to think about it. I might have a Hobby Lobby gift hard at home... Hmmmm ::):

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Don't forget coupons! !!

Ohhhh I think I have some at home that expire on the 7th. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER!

• Like 1

Looking at HL's site they have a dual temp with a removable stand for 10 bucks.

Cordless hybrid for 12.99

There is a whole page full of them. Are you part of DM Scotty's page on Facebook? I'm sure they'd give you recommendation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      This looks like an interesting product forgluing together minis with extra small parts...

• By malefactus
      Our Own Glitterwolf posted a photo in my Last Hurrah Thread:

I loved it. I knew I would have to make a version of my own (there were some liberties taken...a lot of liberties). 
      Once more I had the base all ready for her...or some other hapless miniature. AND here is the result:

There you go.
    • By malefactus
      I have been planning a few ore photo stages. The Trio of Trees will be movable props, & character actors in the cast.
      They will eventually appear in somewhat fancier surroundings, but for their first presentation, they are seen here on my work table:

The Philosopher or Idiot...take your pick:

The Conversation, Monk & Tree:

AND the Group Portrait:

...if you go out in the Woods today, you're in for a big surprise.

• By KoiPwned
      Good afternoon, brain trust,

I'm trying to fill in minis for a home brew D&D campaign. Four of the overarching personalities in the world are personifications of the winds. Each has a tower in my world, dedicated to their reverence, and each person controls the winds corresponding to a cardinal direction on the compass using an instrument unique to them.

The North Wind is cold and ruthless; abandoned by a former beau, she desires to leave the world as cold as that unfaithful ingrate's heart was toward her.
      The South Wind is young, warm, and fancy-free; inexperienced, she sees the best in everything, and just wants everyone to be comfortable and happy.
      The West Wind is constant and productive; order and normalcy are associated with her.
      The East Wind is unusual, untrustworthy, and often bears ill omen; chaos and sickness tend to accompany her.

For the minis, I really like Julie Guthrie's Spirit of Winter (N. wind), Spirit of Spring (S. wind), and Spirit of Fall (W. wind), but the Spirit of Summer doesn't fit my picture for the East wind, and I don't want a mini that's so under-dressed. I imagined them as a group of sisters, although I have considered making the east wind a brother.

Can anyone think of a mini that would fit the bill and (at least sort of) match the other three mentioned?
    • By Cyradis
      My box of figures from DSM for their Stephanie Law kickstarter came in. They're gorgeous. 

Many of them are in multiple pieces and need assemble. These are too pretty for me to half-donkey assembly. 

I have classic super glue. I have green stuff. What are your preferred methods to attach arms and whatnot so there aren't gaps and whatnot? How do you avoid slopping the superglue around swiftly before it hardens? Toothpicks perhaps? 

Some of these joints are very fine, so I don't think I can really pin them. They aren't heavy, so that has to help, and they do have knobs/sockets in most cases. I'd really like to make sure that gaps are sealed, and things like that, so they appear smooth. If they're fragile, that's not the end of the world, since these are unlikely to be used for tabletop purposes. 

This pack is all pewter, although I have a Kraken of Bones material that will need some guidance too. I generally have stayed away from assembly type figures in the past. Time to branch out! 

Help, pretty please? 
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)