9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We just Re-launched our Kickstarter for a brand new Ultra Clear variant of the X-Case the only Expandable, Transport, Configurable, Display case for miniatures. The X-Case not only can transport your figures but it can show them off as well Check it out.

XCase Ultra Clear Expandable, Transport Kickstarter

KickstarterImage3.jpg

Kickstarter3AnnouncementImage.png

Edited by ActiveMindsGames
Updated to new Kickstarter Link
4 people like this

What a clever Idea. I really liked how the handles overlap. ::):

Just relaunched the Kickstarter today. Check it out. This is the last time though. We have had other version of these for awhile but these are to restock and get the new Clear ones. I say this so that everyone knows that this is not a high risk purchase. We will get them manufactured and though we cannot guarantee the date of delivery we expect we should be reasonably close based on previous production runs.

7 hours ago, ActiveMindsGames said:

Just relaunched the Kickstarter today. Check it out. This is the last time though. We have had other version of these for awhile but these are to restock and get the new Clear ones. I say this so that everyone knows that this is not a high risk purchase. We will get them manufactured and though we cannot guarantee the date of delivery we expect we should be reasonably close based on previous production runs.

Do you have a realistic estimate for how much it might cost to ship 3 x-cases (X-case oddity level) to the US? 

Ken with ActiveMindsGames is local to me and let me check out a couple of the current run of the solid color styles this last week. These things are pretty awesome. I really want to see these in an all clear style. I'm looking forward to using these on my bookshelf as displays for my Malifaux crews between games. When it's time to play, I can just grab the cases I want, snap them together and go. With the magnetic bases, I have no worries using them for transport. Having light come in from all angles will make these stand out for display units.

These things really need to be produced in clear. There's about a week left on the campaign now. Ken has upped the ante on getting these produced, and the first 150 backers that go in for $40 pledges will receive two free original opaque units added to their pledge. (There were about 80 openings last I checked.) I'll probably use my opaque units to carry paints. 39 Reaper/Vallejo/Scale75 dropper bottles fit nicely into the case.

1 person likes this

I want to like these but I just can't seem to get there.

6 hours ago, RouterMike said:

Ken has upped the ante on getting these produced, and the first 150 backers that go in for $40 pledges will receive two free original opaque units added to their pledge. (There were about 80 openings last I checked.) I'll probably use my opaque units to carry paints. 39 Reaper/Vallejo/Scale75 dropper bottles fit nicely into the case.

That would be very tempting if Ken would answer shipping cost questions and actually had a $40 pledge level. It's troubling that he's only made one comment in this KS and seems to be ignoring the questions that his few backers have been asking. 

These cases would be useful to me, but every time I check the KS I see more unanswered questions and think, no way. 

4 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

That would be very tempting if Ken would answer shipping cost questions and actually had a $40 pledge level. It's troubling that he's only made one comment in this KS and seems to be ignoring the questions that his few backers have been asking. 

These cases would be useful to me, but every time I check the KS I see more unanswered questions and think, no way. 

He could have spelled that out better, but the limit would be met either by pledging for 4 or more plain cases, or three cases with the magnetic inserts. He probably should have just said "Pledge for 4 or more cases..."

He does call out that the US shipping will be at least $1.50 per unit. A cost range here would have been nice to see, but I get why what appears to be a one-man shop wouldn't have accurate numbers for all shipping options.

Okay... saw these last ReaperCon and really wanted a few. Now that it comes in clear? Sure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Long time lurker, second time poster, first time upload.

Here is the Frost Giant Queen from the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter for your consideration. I was unable to participate in the Bones 3 Kickstarter as I came upon these Bones figures late in the game. However, the participants who were able placed their unwanted miniatures up on eBay, so I took advantage of opportunity when presented. I focused on Color Theory and Texture on this piece as she provided a very large palette to paint upon. These Giants provided me practice in sketching too, which makes the entire line appealing to me.

Side note: Gratitude to those who did place these minis up on eBay without jacking up the prices. I was able to purchase the both Frost Giant Royalty around cost of what Reaper will sell them at Retail. This certainly displays an ethos in the Reaper community that makes this community stand out among others. Further, having lurked for awhile: the community here is quite kind and helpful. This is a good community of miniature painters.

I like the Bones miniature range. The detail on this miniature was very close to what I expect from the metal range, and I will purchase more of the Bones range in the future. I am looking forward to the resculpt of Vanya, the Fire Giant Princess, and her new size to match the Fire Giants in D&D. The attire of this miniature is akin to the Viking attire of old, and I found my SCA ventures to assist me in painting this Viking Apron and embellishments. The sculptor did an outstanding job and I look forward to more of their work.

The FAQs were an asset that made my first foray into Bones an easier one. I had difficulty with flash lines until I picked up some diamond files, which handled them quite well without marring detail like my serrated files. The bent pieces were fixed with some boiling water and cold water quite easily. The pieces fit together like a glove, though I admit I still pinned them. (My OCD was tingling.) I did use Krylon as Primer, and the tackiness disappeared after the first coat of paint. She was sealed only with Krylon Dull Cote and exhibits no tackiness. She has been handled and there is no rubbing off of paint.

I like how her base was round, though I am ignorant of what would be an appropriate Reaper base to place this inside of. (I currently have the King on a GW Dreadnought base, and I do not like it. If anyone reads this and has a recommendation, I surely would appreciate it.)

This Bones line of miniatures has proven to me to be a Good Idea and one I will support. I am already purchasing more of the Bones 2 line for my D&D and Oldhammer alternatives, and I admit excitement at the new of Bones 4. Based on the quality of these miniatures: you will have an additional participant. Please keep up the outstanding quality and amazing work.

I hope you enjoy my efforts. C&C is always appreciated: it is the only way an Artist can improve.

May your blends be smooth.
      Peace and blessings.

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      The Story
      Hello again from Munchkin Metropolis!  This time around I'm targeting all of you Roleplay Gamers!  With my DIY Dungeon Kit you can now take your game nights to a whole new level.  Being able to customize your dungeons into the format you want makes being a game master so much more fun!  Below you'll see the Base Set that includes the 4 most popular sets, plus the Stretch Goal Furniture Set.  The miniatures pictured are not included in your reward (I just wanted to show how I personally utilize this setup)...Other than that, the picture is exactly what you'll receive. 
      Too Much Information
      I've recently been to the Doc and have been placed on a very strict diet and workout regimen (Working out isn't that strict, it's just 30min of light cardio daily).  But he told me not to do anything overly physical, which for a woodworker means I can't really work.  So, to save my heart and keep my business afloat, I've chosen a campaign that utilizes the laser for 80% of the work...with the remaining 20% being light physical duty.
      Due to the sheer weight of these items, I've worked to minimize the cost on materials and labor as much as possible.   The base set weighs almost 15lb and will ship in a 12x12x6 corrugated box.  Making each set is 8 hours of laser time and about 2 hours physical labor (Which is why I set the delivery date 2 months out instead of 1...but for you early backers, expect me to start shipping rewards within a week of the campaign ending.)  Mostly, I wanted to GUARANTEE delivery before Christmas.  By setting it to October, I will have plenty of time to handle anything that comes up. 
      The base set already includes the 4 most popular Expansions and will make an AWESOME Christmas Gift!  
      The floor pieces are designed so that you can expand into infinity to make those LARGE scale battle zones.  
      You'll choose either 1 or 2 inch per expansion. Each Wall Expansion is designed to be as versatile as your campaign!  
      A Base Set ready to ship (The Furniture Set is in the bag)  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwgdesign/the-do-it-yourself-dungeon-kit
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Welcome!
      We would like to invite you to our first on Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign dedicated to miniatures! We made a few before on other platforms, but now we are also here with new models and recast offer for all old ones. All of miniatures presented below are compatible with Fantasy Battles: The 9th Age. However you can use them in any other game you want.
      During our previous campaigns we showed our possibilities and strong orientation for reaching customers needs and vision of miniatures. Also projects presented in this campaign were started some time ago and developed with The 9th Age community to be as good as it was possible. Our very talented sculptors, artists and manufacturers are doing all their best to provide you with the best products possible. We have hope, and strongly believe, that you will enjoy what you see below.
      Your support is very important for us. While we see that our products are still needed we will run future releases. So thank you in advance to give us that possibility.
      How our process look like:
      1. 3D sculpt

1b. 3D sculpt of alternative options (as option for bestsellers)
      2. Printing than casting resin models
      3. Professional painting (as special option)

All 3D sculpts has already been made. Most resin molds also. We need your help to invest in missing production molds and materials to finish all open projects. Also stretch goals will help us raise funds to make some alternative versions and options for our miniatures, which for sure you will also like as base versions.
      1. Sylvan Elves

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Ancient Warriors – a new collection of figurines from Cartoon Miniatures. This is result of work of a team of professionals, a combination of excellent idea and quality implementation. So far, only on Kickstarter! 
      Each miniature: 
      In 40mm scale  Made of resin  Highly detailed  Not painted  Limited edition   
      Soon we and our friends from Wendy's Miniaturen will be launching a kickstarter campaign. You'll see a figurines from the Age of Ancient Warriors in the World of Belantir. Belantir is a world where battles and clashes never stop. One after another, the invaders advance with devastating campaigns through the world. But nevertheless, there are not only ruthless conquerors, but also noble heroes who are ready to repel any enemy! In every corner of Belantir, there are tales of warriors of never-fading glory. You will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the greatest warriors who lived in one of the toughest and bloodiest eras, also known as the "War of the Tiger”.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)