On 5/2/2017 at 8:42 PM, LittleBluberry said:

That looks really nice for a 3D printed model! 

I was thinking the same thing.

Great paint job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Figured I'd create a thread to show off the finished cars from my thread in the Sculpting sub forum.

Here's the Europa Magnus Hover Wagon:

Wasn't really sure how to do the glass area. I am happy with my color choices, but not sure about my highlighting.

Here's my delivery van:

I didn't even try to sand out the print layer lines, since these are supposed to be quick and dirty, yet practical pieces to practice painting techniques on.
    • By kristof65
      Continuing on from my sculpting thread here, I've begun assembly and painting of my Rottweiler tank. 

Started sanding and first coat of primer. Ran out of black primer, so stalled myself out. 

I'm thinking this might be a practice piece for a ReaperCon entry of the same tank. 
    • By EldritchEladrin
      Hello all,

Starting a new WIP for a mini I'm working on for one of the players in my D&D 5e campaign.

One of her characters is a Tiefling Eldritch Knight, so I have selected the glaive-weilding S'Kara to be the starting point for this project...

As you can see, I have just begun. I have primed the mini, and used a pair of pliers to slightly curve her horns, to achieve a more ram-like, less devil-like look.

I'm currently in the process of selecting colours for the cloth portion of her outfit. Any suggestions or ideas? (Fyi, she will have dark brown hair and olive skin).

As always, comments and constructive feedback are always welcome! 

-E.E.
    • By 72moonglum
      So I went away on vacation a week ago, and I had almost finished this one before I left, but I ran out of time and didn't seal him or put him on a base.  Got him done last  night  though. A great Jim Johnson figure sculpted for Hackmaster around 2003 and then last year Ral Partha bought the molds and started producing them again.

Anyhoos, fun figure. I've been painting up a bunch of these  Hackmaster minis, using only the finest Reaper paints to bring them to life! As always having metal issues, my constant struggle, but they seem to be coming out pretty okay these days and I think the metal actually looks better in photo than in person.

• By JGroeling

For a painting competition entry I had to find a 20 year old miniature to work with. Digging through my old boxes of minis (mostly Games Workshop) I found a "Kharn the Betrayer" chaos space marine from 96 (I think was the date on his tab). Decided I wanted to give him a fun base, something more than just the general skull pile he's usually on. So, started scratchbuilding a symbol of Khorne for him to stand on, here's two pics of the understructure. (Bottom of the actual base is the black, white cap is just for handling.)

This (although small) is the most involved basing project Ive done to date, and I'm already learning lots on how to do things better, and a lot of what not to do. Anyway, will be updating as I progress further on him. 

- Added some more detailing to the base, and started laying ground for skulls. 

- More skulls and playing around with details on the symbol, have added a removed a few things that didnt turn out how I liked. 

- And some more skulls, also added paper cut of potential plating on the symbol on top right portion. Think I like it and will add to the rest of them for next update (which wont be til next week, as out of town til then.)
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)