7 posts in this topic

Excellent. 

That looks really nice for a 3D printed model! 

Glowing cat for the win!!! Great work!

1 person likes this

Super!

Very cool, I've always had a soft spot for The Legend of Zelda.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:42 PM, LittleBluberry said:

That looks really nice for a 3D printed model! 

I was thinking the same thing.

Great paint job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marvin
      You know how I'm always asking for a deserty barbariany roguey elf wielding a spiked chain? This is what happens when you don't give it to me, sculptors and companies. I ruin your sculpts. In this case, Bobby Jackson's Irith, Deathseeker Hero.

~10 years ago, I created a character concept, a barbarian rogue assassin from a desert moon. Probably not that great an idea; whatever. I loved it. Didn't wind up getting to play him, but the name became my main Internet handle for a long time, and I always kept the concept in mind. This past winter I joined a game, decided he'd be a perfect fit, and made him anew. Bought a mini to mod to represent him at the table! But again didn't get to play him. Alas.

But I had a mini for him this time. I'm not in love with the figure, but it seemed like a good one for converting. And it was close as I could get on the look. I guess. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, honestly. I feel like I could've done a lot worse. I cut off the original's weapons. I used jewelry chain for the chain, a hacked-up jewelry bit bead thingy for the spike, and another jewelry bead thingy for the ball. Drilled out hands, wound up having to cut them, and closed them again over the chain. Pretty simple, pretty ghetto, but here we be. Right eye turned out better than the left, I thought. I had him finished a while ago, but I was waiting on a base. It's a desert base from Micro Arts Studio. Thought it fit the theme pretty well.

Thanks for looking!
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Delicate piece. Glued a swordhand, head, tail, wings and a dagger. Wish i had more time, but i had to call finished at this point. Spent about a week more than usual on him. So much going on with him.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Next we have the Shrew Warrior.

Again, sorry about the shininess.  I'll post new pics once the weather cooperates for dull coating.
      Another fun little guy, full of character.

Update!
      It actually stopped raining long enough to spray some dull coat.  I've also been messing around with my phone and background to get less washed out pics.

• By Arc 724
      Stared work on this guy finally! 

I sculpted the base myself. I really like that he is slight bending at the knees which made him standing on the stairs i made look more authentic. 

On to the painting!
      Texture is the name of the game from this weekend. 
      GW: Vomit Brown (which is like a yellow brown) on the tunic. Several coats until I could not see grey from the primer.  GW: Vomit Brown & Leather White (my favorite paint bottle  ) [4:1] - To do some upper highlights on the all the raised areas. Dotting or Stippling with a Mixture: GW Vomit Brown mixed with Walnut brown. So the color was a little darker than the tunic's primary color.  Then stippled or dotted with Walnut brown over THE ENTIRE THING.  After that I did some diluted brown washes pushing into the recesses  and some re-highlighting, re-shadowing, etc etc. The pants:
      Painted in Leather White highlighted in PURE White washed in Muddy Brown (which is a green brown.) The bag:
      Painted Royal Purple, highlighted with Leather white then washed in Muddy Brown

• By trappleton
      Freshman year of high school, my friend Bob Evans (no lie) introduced me to the world of miniatures. I thought they were gorgeous and it looked like a supremely fun hobby, one I'd really enjoy... but I'd probably be no good at it. Besides, you've got to prime those things, and where was Mom gonna let me spraypaint?

Fast forward two decades and I've finally started painting miniatures. (And I don't need to prime them! And there's brush-on primer now, too!) It seems silly, but the hobby is everything I've always wanted it to be: Meditative, rewarding, challenging, and a whole lot of fun. I dipped my toe in with the LTP kit and was hooked. Six weeks later and here we are! Without further ado, here are my first few fellas that I painted after burning through that kit and the Layer Up LTP kit.

I'm surprised that there's not more love for these little guys on the forums or in the inspiration gallery! They do a good job straddling the line between adorable and vicious. These figures were my most challenging yet, with a lot of detail work. Each one took probably four to six hours to paint, and the teeth really gave me some trouble there.

Meet Kermit and his thugs, Dig'em and Michigan J. I'm still a newbie to this hobby, so I'd gladly take any comments and criticism in the interest of honing my skills!

• Who's Online   71 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)